• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCOTUS rules on Masterpiece Cakeshop vs Colorado Civil Rights Commission

NahaNago

I still feel this is just really iffy and can seem to be stretched for lots of religious things like what if a gay couple wanted a custom made bed. Does a religious person just say no because religious beliefs. How about anything custom made for the wedding from the dresses, the meals, and decorations. Can a company now reject catering for a gay wedding if the company is very religious. I can understand a minister not doing a religious ceremony for a gay wedding but still doing the official act for the marriage since I see it as more of as a government service.

mr2xxx

Banned
I still feel this is just really iffy and can seem to be stretched for lots of religious things like what if a gay couple wanted a custom made bed. Does a religious person just say no because religious beliefs. How about anything custom made for the wedding from the dresses, the meals, and decorations. Can a company now reject catering for a gay wedding if the company is very religious. I can understand a minister not doing a religious ceremony for a gay wedding but still doing the official act for the marriage since I see it as more of as a government service.
I agree, we are gonna see a spike in conservatives thinking they are artist in whatever mundane field in order to discriminate.

ive always seen shops that have the sign "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" or whatever. i mean if they really do then this shouldnt be a problem

WaterAstro

There are many non-religious companies, and, yes, legal marriage is just a government change in status. You don't need a religious leader to perform a marriage.

It's pathetic that it even went this far for something so trivial.

Society in general should not be discriminating against gays. But demanding that every single person panders to every one of your demands isn't fair either. Respect works both ways.

Top Bottom