• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Factory: The Thing Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my copy last night. Fantastic release. The new scan is terrific and the 4.1 mix (which appears to be the default sound option) sounds great. I had to turn off my center speaker since my receiver still matrixed in the L/R speakers to emulate a center channel, but once that was done the track had a nice retro analog quality to it.
Did your copy of the 4.1 mix have an audio glitch in the blood test sequence? I thought Shout Factory delayed the street release because of this tidbit, but I've replayed the chapter multiple times and I can clearly hear
the screech of Palmer's blood about mid-sentence of Macready's scolding before it properly plays in the reveal.
Sort of ruins the moment and it's unfortunate the default track features an issue, but the 5.1 mix appears to have thankfully been immune to the mistake. Don't know if I just got an oddball disc and I can't seem to find any acknowledgement of it outside of Shout commenting on the initial postponement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom