• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unmasked |OT| WBIE regards Europe as "tier 1"

IronLich

Was waiting for a thread for this game. The wait to play this is PAINFUL.

Especially when I was watching a random stream of the game, and noticed...

A9Cdc3T.jpg

Damage! Cyclone! And she even has the witch's hat, too! I worship the people that made this game possible.

shaowebb

Did a little research in the game and I have a theory as to why Static from Static Shock isn't in the game

In 2010 DC did the whole Milestone thing and published up a bunch of comics from the Milestone comics line. I know Static has made appearances since then including some New 52 and such but since Static, Icon, Rocket and the rest of Milestone's characters are ALSO absent it may mean that while DC has the rights to the characters that WB didn't get the digital rights to Milestone properties along with the DC properties.

Im super vague here, but its a theory that might hold up since not a single Milestone character no matter how utilized by DC made it into the game even though DC owns the Milestone universe and merged it in. Heck Icon and Rocket were even in Young Justice.

Sorry folks, but no in game Static. However, there is already a really good one on the workshop on Steam and with the powersets in this game you can easily use whoever has the powers you need as a base and make them look like any incarnation of Static you wish. This game has waaaaaaaaaaaaay more parts fit for hero building than Unlimited since so many heroes borrow visual themes from each other.

so..... this game will be released in europe next year when steam version will be sub 20 euros because nintendo wants to release the game that was released 1 year earlier and is already available for sub 20 euros on steam ?

Bkey

Banned
Really enjoyed the game on the wii u gamepad but that pc price is hard to pass up on. Though I really don't need any more games anyway for a long time.

shaowebb

So apparently you can't do something I used to do with action puzzles back in the first Scribblenauts in the PC version of Unmasked. I made a tiny tornado and a rope then attached the rope to the object I wanted removed and the other end to the tornado.

Causes an error message and crashed the game lol.

shaowebb

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I also got my propeller glitch in hero creator that I discovered in Unlimited to work in Unmasked just now!

Go to hero creator
Make a propeller
Max its size

Thats it. The scale on the sizing for the propeller is STILL busted. That propeller is BIGGER than all of Metropolis. Its uploaded to the workshop as "Propeller-copy"

Here's a screenshot of it in action.

shaowebb

I looked for this at Target on Friday but only saw the 3DS version sadly.

Im not 100% certain the 3DS version has the hero creator in it. It might not be included in that version. PC is the best route though. Keyboard and Steam Workshop is a game changer.

EDIT: Upon further exploring the obviously bugged propeller that has been busted in both games I found out that if I am making a hero and try to type propeller as a part I want to use it lets me in Unmasked but NO PROPELLER APPEARS. It just shows an X because it wont attach to anything and it never shows the icon for it. My guess is that since its a part that is animated and never stops moving it doesn't load properly when you attempt to use it as a part of your costume.

My intent was to try and attach it to a creation in order to make it become enormous utilizing the broken scaling functionality of the propeller. It didn't work since the propeller doesn't actually appear or attach sadly.

Just got this game for wii U yesterday as a present. Didn't even know about it but heard a lot of good things about unlimited. Doesn't seem to be much hype about it though. How is the game?

Megatron

I am really interested in this game, but why did nobody review it? (Nobody I've heard of, anyway) and the few that did didn't score it well. Is it just Scribblenauts fatigue? I've never played a SN game, so I think I'll like this...

I'd really like to get the 3DS version, but it sounds like price and feature-wise, Steam is the way to go.

Top Bottom