• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Fed. Judge grants temporary restraining order on Immigration Ban nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
DtbEd1b.gif

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/09/appeals-court-to-issue-decision-on-trump-travel-ban-later-today.html

I wonder how things will turn out on the Supreme Court. Might not follow suit there.

WaPo

I hate it when articles don't link to the actual decision. For those interested:

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2017/02/09/17-35105.pdf

Any way, I just finished reading the decision which went as expected. I should point out that right now we are just dealing with the temporary restraining order (TRO), they are not discussing the merits of whether the "Muslim Ban" is unconstitutional. Even if this goes to the Supreme Court that is all that will be getting decided at the moment. If the Court upholds the TRO it will then likely remand the case back to the lower courts to decide on the merits of the case.

SCOTUS Blog theorizing Roberts may push for a unanimous ruling against Trump.

The hilarious thing is that all Trump as to do is revoke the EO and rewrite it; fix the visa/green card problem and the preference for Christians and it would be perfectly constitutional. But doing so would be an admittance of defeat so of course Trump won't do it. He'd rather burn.

The hilarious thing is that all Trump as to do is revoke the EO and rewrite it; fix the visa/green card problem and the preference for Christians and it would be perfectly constitutional. But doing so would be an admittance of defeat so of course Trump won't do it. He'd rather burn.

Yup.

Ithil

Even his stooges on CNN are saying he needs to rescind the EO and rewrite it.
But that's an admission that he was wrong, so he won't do it.

The People vs Trump's Ego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom