• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle Fed. Judge grants temporary restraining order on Immigration Ban nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Does calling either of the two out make you just feel super good? Lol

yes, actually. if he is the artist he deserves praise for creating an excellent piece of work. if not...well everyone has to get vindication from somewhere. posting your own tweets on gaf is one way to do it i guess.

yes, actually. if he is the artist he deserves praise for creating an excellent piece of work. if not...well everyone has to get vindication from somewhere. posting your own tweets on gaf is one way to do it i guess.

So is patting yourself on the back for a callout. Lol

notworksafe

So is patting yourself on the back for a callout. Lol

and yourself? don't get too high and mighty, friend. this would just end up going in circles for hours. let's concentrate on the good things happening before the cycle of trump related misery inevitably starts again tomorrow.

Loki

Count of Concision
My gut reaction is that it's odd that people have internally okayed the thought that some people shouldn't get protections because they're on a certain part of the map.

I prefer the ideal that in theory, everyone in the world should be covered by the Constitution, not just people within certain boundaries. "We find these truths to be self evident" was radical in a time where people thought rights were inherited from a diety. "It's okay because they're not standing on our dirt" has always been a disturbing line of thought, to me.

I don't disagree with you. I'm more just wondering what the actual legal/constitutional justification is for extending those rights/protections outside our border for those with no standing (citizen/resident etc.). The moral justification is clear of course.

Montresor

Like Presidents, judges can only be impeached by a super-majority vote in both houses of Congress.

Serve for life, just like SCOTUS judges. Only way to get rid of a federal judge is to ask for impeachment.

They have to be impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate just like the President.

That's extremely reassuring. Whoever put that law into effect deserves his or her name shouted from the rooftops.

I don't disagree with you. I'm more just wondering what the actual legal/constitutional justification is for extending those rights/protections outside our border for those with no standing (citizen/resident etc.). The moral justification is clear of course.

I quoted you and answered your question on the last page...

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Don't know if the news here has been updated, but may be good to see in the OP.

9th Circuit denied the USJD appeal to reinstate the ban (more accurately denied appeal to remove the restraining order that blocks the EO enforcement)

Monday 6 PM EDT 9th Circuit decides to either issue a ruling or have a hearing.

Edit: nevermind there is a whole thread about it haha.

This is ultimately my point.

tumblr_n1rr54cslO1tro5x0o1_400.gif

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
He got his phone!!!

1m1 minute ago
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
I have instructed Homeland Security to check people coming into our country VERY CAREFULLY. The courts are making the job very difficult!

Nope! New tweet: "Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/828342202174668800

When will this guy just shut up?
The language he uses feels so....3rd grade. Bothers me a lot.

Also I wanna get this out there.
While You Are Busy Watching President Trump's Endless Stream of Shenanigans, The House is Quietly Working to Dismantle Medicaid

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Does he actually think people aren't already subject to thorough checks? Is he this dishonest to suggest to his followers that its just a free for all? Wait, don't answer that.

Anarion07

All he has to do now is fake a terrorist attack and boom. He'd use that to turn over the courts. Or try at least

Does he actually think people aren't already subject to thorough checks? Is he this dishonest to suggest to his followers that its just a free for all? Wait, don't answer that.

Or he just doesn't know better.

Also these people have already been vetted. It's not easy to get visas.

The Darth Vader twitter account is hilarious. He just copies Trumps tweets..

Kettch

I hope the judge has some protection, who knows what Trump's wacko followers might do with Trump suggesting the guy is betraying the country over and over.

"I have instructed Homeland Security to check people coming into our country VERY CAREFULLY. The courts are making the job very difficult!"

Man, I really wish that Twitter would read that as hate speech/a call to harassment and would ban him from Twitter.

That's where I am in 2017. Hope is now wanting a Twitter ban for the President of the United States.

Anarion07

"I have instructed Homeland Security to check people coming into our country VERY CAREFULLY. The courts are making the job very difficult!"

Man, I really wish that Twitter would read that as hate speech/a call to harassment and would ban him from Twitter.

That's where I am in 2017. Hope is now wanting a Twitter ban for the President of the United States.

Nah. Let him dig his grave even deeper.

Very, very dangerous rethoric.

If "something happens", blame the judge and the courts? just wow.

That is demanding the more mindless and lethal of his followers to react if "something happens", to take revenge. WTF.
He is pre-assigning blame for (a) any terrorism and (b) his IMO inevitable demise.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
If "something happens", blame the judge and the courts? just wow.

That is demanding the more mindless and lethal of his followers to react if "something happens", to take revenge. WTF.
He is pre-assigning blame for (a) any terrorism and (b) his IMO inevitable demise.
Such an inspiring and inclusive leader.

HeeHo

So now he's trying to turn the DoJ lawyers against him? How is there nobody on his side explaining to him what he can and can't get away with on Twitter?

To quote or paraphrase Neil DeGrasse Tyson:

"You are giving the government WAY too much credit to cover up things"

He said this in reference to Roswell and the possibility of a cover up.

Xater

Now there are the tweets. They are exactly what I expected. Also of course he plugs an experience on Fox just after them.

rjinaz

This guy is such a fucking idiot.

dumbdon.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/828343072840900610

The vetting process takes two fucking years.

I can't believe its getting as much of a free pass as it is really. "Goin to put it on hold til we can implement some extreme vetting" its fucking offensive to any intellect.

It's sad. If you believed Trump you would think terrorist were pouring in every day and the proof is in the terrorism attacks we have. But of course that's not true. The most recent examples of terrorism originated domestically.

It's sad. If you believed Trump you would think terrorist were pouring in every day and the proof is in the terrorism attacks we have. But of course that's not true. The most recent examples of terrorism originated domestically.

And will continue, since FBI has been ordered to stop looking at white extremists.

Note the Oklahoma bombing news today is that the FBI had lots of evidence Tim McVeigh was connected to white supremacists groups but FBI short-cut the case and didn't explore further. Even back then, they just didn't have the guts!

Now they've been ordered by the president, to look the other way.

RDreamer

Hooooly shit. The "if something happens, blame the court," to me seems waaaaaaaaaaaaaay past the line. He's basically inciting a mob against our country's courts if anything randomly happens. That's so reckless and irresponsible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom