• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Rally 2005 for PS2 famitsu scan

neo2046

:D :D

up6739.jpg

up6740.jpg

Pug

Car looks great but the tracks look really thread bare, hopefully that becuase most of them are taken from the Desert track.

Because its my favorite racing series outside of GT. It's especially nice after all those years of rumors.

Now only for Lunar 3...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
It looks good. Scana are way to early to correctly judge. FF Whee support will be te clicher.

ourumov

It looks ENOUGH good :) I hope it is larger than the previous iterations, now that it is console only they have no excuses.

neo2046

From what I read
You can play the 4 courses from Sega Rally 1
and there is a new "AGC mode"
in this mode, the course's layout, weather's config etc will be changed randomly and automatically each time you play

neo2046 said:
From what I read
in this mode, the course's layout, weather's config etc will be changed randomly and automatically each time you play

Holy crap! SR1 tracks!!

Ill Saint

neo2046 said:
From what I read

That's the clincher. Sold.

Even if they put in all-new music and voices, I need to have the Arcade/Saturn music and sounds as an option for this to be amazing!

Game Over, Yeaaaaaah!

They did it with Sega Rally 2 and it appears theyre doing it with SR3,the Sega color pallette is again missing. I want my bright,sappy, happy, sunshine colors. All that aside though,welcome back Sega Rally,we've missed you.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Great news! This should be the first time we get 60 fps Sega Rally at home! I just hope it plays like SR...

We've come quite a ways too...

shot2big.gif

screen09g.jpg

mount2.jpg

Sega%20Rally%20Championship_05.JPG

segarallyscreenshot2.gif

Troidal

Finally, a Sega sequel that everyone wants!!! Woo-hoo!!! :D

This makes up for the atrocities like Shenmue Online and VF: Cyber Generations!

Edit: The producer is Jun Taniguchi who used to be the head of Sega Rosso, so this game is in good hands!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I hope the music will be in the same style as before too. Sega Rally has some of the best racing music ever. :D

The pictures makes me wanna play Shox again. Such a great and sadly forgotten game.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Does anyone remember MultiRacing Championship for the N64?

mrc-5a.jpg

I heard it was awesome back in the day...

pilonv1

Please continue to post images of shitty unrelated rally games in this Sega Rally thread. Thanks.

Hopefully it's more than a graphical upgrade of 1+2. Maybe a few bonus courses?

ourumov

MRC was a pretty bad game...Specially when it comes to the controls. The best N64 rally racer was Top Gear Rally.

dark10x

pilonv1 said:
Please continue to post images of shitty unrelated rally games in this Sega Rally thread. Thanks.

Hopefully it's more than a graphical upgrade of 1+2. Maybe a few bonus courses?

Alright, more Sega Rally 2 shots then...

18.jpg

37.jpg

3.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
dark10x said:
Wow, Shox doesn't look half bad...

shox3.jpg

shox1.jpg

How does it play?

My brother and I had a blast playing it, the game has a great sense of drifting IMO. It's just pure arcade racing fun.

It also adds some new flair to the genre, by having three different "zones" on each track. On every lap, you compete against time in each of the zones, to recieve either a bronze, silver or gold ranking. It makes the game so much more intense, it's like having three small races against time within the race.

If you manage to get gold on all three sections of a track, a shockwave will appear in front of you, and if you manage to catch up with it you'll travel "with" the wave. Then you're in for one hell of a ride. :p

All the cars featured in the game are real-life cars, and you buy new ones for the money you earn by winning. There are three different environments: jungle, arid, ice.

The tracks look really good, with lots of small details...and of course...the developers understood that little important thing called framerate. Always 60 fps. :D

Oh, and you can even play four player split-screen - with two controllers.

YEESSSSS!!!!!!! I am very happy. Sega are releasing games that worth full price: Ourrun 2, Monkey Ball DX, Sega Rally 2005, and Spikeout. I am getting my Sega arcade fix. I will take a remake Sega Rally 1. Now I am hoping that Virtual racing and Virtua fighters are released in the USA.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
T-1000_Model3 said:
They did it with Sega Rally 2 and it appears theyre doing it with SR3,the Sega color pallette is again missing. I want my bright,sappy, happy, sunshine colors. All that aside though,welcome back Sega Rally,we've missed you.

That was 1st impression as well--the game needs a shot of vibrant color.

doncale

Banned
Rooooooooooooolllling Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart ............ opps... wrong game :D

long easy right baaaaaaaaaaaaby

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The game could still end up having much brighter colors. These scans are very muddy and faded, hardly representative of the colors you'll get on your TV. Also, looking at the sky on these screens, most of them seem to be taken when the weather was overcast. Seeing how the weather will change over the same course, I'd assume the colors would look brighter on the sunny weather.

dark10x

Marconelly said:
The game could still end up having much brighter colors. These scans are very muddy and faded, hardly representative of the colors you'll get on your TV. Also, looking at the sky on these screens, most of them seem to be taken when the weather was overcast. Seeing how the weather will change over the same course, I'd assume the colors would look brighter on the sunny weather.

It isn't as if Sega Rally 2 is all that much brighter, really. This new version is a LOT more detailed than any previous SR game as well.

Looks pretty good. It will be lovely to be able to play Sega Rally with smooth frame rate. I just recently tried Sega Rally 2 on DC....And while I loved it back in 1999......now it felt that the poor framerate makes it almost unplayable. :(

Project Midway said:
Looks pretty good. It will be lovely to be able to play Sega Rally with smooth frame rate. I just recently tried Sega Rally 2 on DC....And while I loved it back in 1999......now it felt that the poor framerate makes it almost unplayable. :(

Have you tried the 60fps code yet?

SolidSnakex said:
Have you tried the 60fps code yet?
No. I have heard about it but never tried it. what is it..? :)

And is Sega Rally 2's 30fps solid 30fps? Because it most certainly doesnt feel like it...especially when compared to other 30fps racers like PGR2.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Project Midway said:
No. I have heard about it but never tried it. what is it..? :)

And is Sega Rally 2's 30fps solid 30fps? Because it most certainly doesnt feel like it...especially when compared to other 30fps racers like PGR2.

It isn't.

Top Bottom