• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP PS2!!!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
rock.jpg

COCKLES

being watched
Only our misty eyed memories of Gamefan keep Klee falling into ban oblivion...wait a min...he said on PS2?! BAN HIM!!!! :D Any good Sega fan knows Racing Luv must be spread on systems that can support them...cough...Xbox. PS2 couldn't even handle Virtua Racing.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
COCKLES said:
Only our misty eyed memories of Gamefan keep Klee falling into ban oblivion...wait a min...he said on PS2?! BAN HIM!!!! :D Any good Sega fan knows Racing Luv must be spread on systems that can support them...cough...Xbox. PS2 couldn't even handle Virtua Racing.

Ha ha, I know you're joking...but in case you missed it, it turned out that people simply had bad memories and Virtua Racing PS2 was better looking than the arcade version (and WAY beyond the 32x version). It only added detailed, nothing was subtracted...

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Kleegamefan said:
When do you think we will see it :D

*runs, and prays he dosn't get banned for this*

Klee. I was on jury duty today and while sitting there for 8 hours I actually dug out my old copies of Gamefan and read a couple of your reviews. You were the fucking man, man. Your writing was very impressive and your reviews enthusiastic. But what's with your Sega Rally review for Saturn, calling it only a "Busted, 50% dissapointment of a conversion" No offense man but what the hell were you smoking? SR for the Saturn was MUCH better that what you said it was in your review and you made it sound like it was as busted as Daytona for the Saturn. Can you please clear up why you hated the conversion so much and felt it looked only "50% complete" ?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
dark10x said:
Ha ha, I know you're joking...but in case you missed it, it turned out that people simply had bad memories and Virtua Racing PS2 was better looking than the arcade version (and WAY beyond the 32x version). It only added detailed, nothing was subtracted...

ok then... its obvious ps2 cant even handle a port of the original outrun :D

jarrod

Banned
Nice to see this finally surfacing... to bad it's on PS2 though and not the new SystemSP/PVR3 board though, guess the early rumors of no arcade release were true. :(

doncale

Banned
Sega Rally on Saturn - as a Saturn game, I'd give it an 8/10 or 4 stars out of 5.

it was probably the best conversion that the Saturn could have handled in 1995.

was it close to the Model 2 version? of course not. Saturn is doing incredibly awesome if it can manage 30 to 40 percent of Model 2 graphics, about where Saturn Sega Rally and Saturn VF2 sit, next to their Model 2 counterparts.

bionic77

I am still waiting for a arcade perfect translation of Daytona. The DC version nailed the graphics but the controls felt all wrong (imho). Wasn't Daytona one of the biggest arcade games ever, or was that just me and my friends?

doncale

Banned
Dreamcast Daytona surpassed arcade Model 2 Daytona graphics in most areas, but not in all.... so in some areas, the graphics of Model 2 arcade Daytona are still better...Sonic Mountain is a prime example.

yes, the controls felt somewhat off, from the arcade, and the enemy A.I., the drone cars behavior, was also different from the arcade. so you're right, we're still waiting for an arcade perfect Daytona. and yeah, Daytona was one of the most sucessful arcade games of all time, and THE most sucessful large arcade machine.

Bog

Junior Ace
I don't care what magazine you wrote for in a former life, a thread like this is a bannable offense.

Top Bottom