• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Sammy upcoming consumer list

jarrod

Banned
With the recent (and coming) announcements, here's what's confirmed by (gaming) platform...

PlayStation 2
-Altered Beast
-Beserk
-Blood Will Tell: Osamu Tezuka's Dororo
-Finny the Fish (SCEI/Natsume)
-DarkWatch: Curse of the West
-Headhunter: Redeption
-Kouma
-Sakura Himenishiki Emaki
-Sakura Taisen 3: Hometown Paris is Burning
-Sakura Taisen V Episode 0: Wild Samurai Girl
-Sakura Taisen V Episdoe 1: Farewell My Love
-Sega Ages 2500 Series: Alex Nid in Miracle World (Sega 3D Ages)
-Sega Ages 2500 Series: Bare Knuckle (Sega 3D Ages)
-Sega Ages 2500 Series: Last Bronx: Tokyo Underground (Sega 3D Ages)
-Sega Ages 2500 Series: Phantasy Star II: To the end of no Return (Sega 3D Ages)
-Sega Ages 2500 Series: Phantasy Star: At the End of the Millenium (Sega 3D Ages)
-Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol 16: Virtua Fighter 2 (Sega 3D Ages)
-Sega Rally 2005
-Sega Superstars
-Shining Tears
-Shining Force
-Shinsen-Gumi Gunrou-Den
-Sonic Mega Collection Plus
-Standard Daisenryaku: Dengekisen
-Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
-The Rumblefish
-The Shield
-The Typing of the Dead: Zombie Panic
-Trigun: The Planet Gunsmoke
-Victory Wings Zero Pilot
-Virtua Quest
-Worms Forts: Under Seige (Acclaim?)

-plus a ton of graphic/love/adventure games I don't wanna look up. :)

Xbox
-Blue Stinger Premium (Cool Cool)
-DarkWatch: Curse of the West
-Dynamite Dekka 2 (Cool Cool)
-Guilty Gear Isuka
-Headhunter: Redeption
-Illbleed (Cool Cool)
-Iron Phoenix
-Outrun 2 (Microsoft)
-Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors (From Software)
-Sonic Mega Collection Plus
-SpikeOut: Battle Street
-Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
-The Shield
-Worms Forts: Under Seige (Acclaim?)

GameCube
-Chaos Field
-Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II Plus
-Virtua Quest

Dreamcast
-Chaos Field

GameBoy Advance
-Advance Guardian Heroes (UbiSoft)

Nintendo DS
-Jissen Pachislo Hisshopou! Fist of the North Star
-Project Rub
-Puyo Pop Fever
-Sonic DS

PSP
-Project S
-Puyo Pop Fever

N-Gage
-Alien Front (Nokia)
-Virtua Cop (Nokia)

tba
-Phantasy Star Universe

...anything I'm missing?

Would it hurt a Sega/Sammy to bring over Virtua Racing? Hell just port it over to the GameCube or Xbox if they don't want the game messing with SR3 sales next year.

-Sega Ages 2500 Series: Last Bronx: Tokyo Underground (Sega 3D Ages)

What an awesome title. It's the Tokyo Underground found in the Bronx.

Also, nice to see my guilty pleasure, Blue Stinger, being rereleased.

doncale

Banned
good, Altered Beast is still coming. remember it got cancelled late last year or early this year, then re-emerged.

jarrod

Banned
doncale said:
good, Altered Beast is still coming. remember it got cancelled late last year or early this year, then re-emerged.
Yeah, they're calling it "Project Altered Beast" in Japan. :)

COCKLES said:
8 Player Sega Ages Virtua Racing on Live.

IT MUST BE SO SEGA!

All are good,plus they can throw in time trial comparisons across LIVE,new tracks,add the new formula one and stock cars from the 32X Deluxe Edition,just do not touch that music though,its already great as it is.

jarrod

Banned
There's pretty much no hope of seeing any Sega Ages games on XBox imo, given that Sega isn't publishing them outside Japan... in fact I doubt the other Cool Cool DC ports ever surface either.

Conspiracy should do a Sega Ages Virtua Collection here. They could have VR Flat Out plus VF2 and if SCEA demands more they could throw in Virtua Cop 1+2 (even though it's not an Ages release).

jett

D-Member
Hey Jarrod, when you make these huge lists...what goes on through your head? "I hope teh gaffers appreciate my hard work!!" :p

T-1000_Model3 said:
Would it hurt a Sega/Sammy to bring over Virtua Racing? Hell just port it over to the GameCube or Xbox if they don't want the game messing with SR3 sales next year.

or would it hurt them to bring over fricken Dolphin Blue?!! on ANY console....even dreamcast, i dont care, i will buy it!

peace

Shinobi

Wow...Last Bronx as well eh? It's funny, the three Saturn games I regret not getting was LB, Winter Heat and SF Collection. And now I'll pretty much be able to get all three (though SF Anniversary is missing SF2 Gold, not to mention the use of the Godly Saturn pad). Hopefully LB's based on the Model 2 version.

pilonv1

Worms is from Team 17. It's Sega Europe but it will probably outsell 90% of this list...

PC
-Football Manager 5 (Sports Interactive).

I'm surprised the sales chart brigade haven't shown up yet.

ourumov

TheDiave said:
Whatever happened to Sammy vs Capcom? Did that turn out to just be a rumor?

I don't see the point in making a vs of Guilty Gear vs Capcom franchises....well, unless you add Pachinko machines to Sammy side.

BTW, this list sucks. There is no name to describe what SEGA is doing with the GC.

ourumov said:
I don't see the point in making a vs of Guilty Gear vs Capcom franchises....well, unless you add Pachinko machines to Sammy side.

BTW, this list sucks. There is no name to describe what SEGA is doing with the GC.

Sega is not treating the Gamecube any worst then any of the other companies. Even the Japanse support doesn't seem to be behind the Gamecube 100%. For proof go look at the thread that list the number of games that are supposed to be at the TGS. I have a feeling Sega is not using the USA sale charts to determine whether not they should support the Gamecube. They are probaly looking at Japanses sales.
Then again that doesn't explain the good x-box support.

Jarrod, what is DarkWatch: Curse of the West. This is the first time I have heard of this game. I assume it is a Sammy game becuase I have never seen it on any Sega list before. Unless it is a western developed game that Sega of America is publishing.

ge-man

ourumov said:

I call it "WTF." It's fine that they are concentrating on Japanese sales, but even then why shrug off the strength that they have on the console? Sonic Team and AV have done VERY well on the GC. To see it's support be surpassed by brand new handhelds and a console userbase that ignored Sega outside of sports titles is more than a little strange.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. The GC is the only console I can think of in recent history that gets counted out even when it's viable to develop for.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hope they release some more Phantasy Star Universe info at TGS.

The way things are looking with Sega now, I'd say it's going to be PS2, with maybe an Xbox version following later. They are going to screw over their largest PSO userbase (GC), but it's not something the new Sega Sammy seems concerned about by the looks of it ... :(

Ah well, it will own my soul whichever platform it goes to.

kpop100 said:
More DS games than GC = ouch

Nice listing for PS2 and Xbox though...BS and Illbleed rereleases...sweet :)

have you ever played Illbleed or Blue Stingers for that matter. They're NOT titles to get excited about.

Brofist

TheGreenGiant said:
have you ever played Illbleed or Blue Stingers for that matter. They're NOT titles to get excited about.

I've played them..I like them in B movie kinda way. They wouldn't make my favorites list, but they were memorable.

Hotsuma

I have a feeling that PSU will be headed in Microsoft's direction first. In one interview dealing with the termination of True Fantasy Live's development, one of MS Japan's directors mentioned that they were "trying to secure a new Japanese RPG".

Top Bottom