• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Saturn PC controllers for all! Well, really only the Japanese, but...

BuddyC

Gamespot

controller_screen001.jpg

TOKYO--Sega will be releasing its classic Saturn console game pad as a USB device for the PC and Macintosh. The company originally created the USB controller as an exclusive bonus to the Macintosh edition of Puyo Pop Fever, which saw a Japanese release on June 24. But as a result of heavy demand from fans, Sega decided that it will also sell the controller separately for both the Mac and the PC. Unlike the game pad included with Puyo Pop Fever, which was colored like the original Saturn device, the new game pad will match the pearly white of Macintosh products.

The Sega Saturn USB game pad will hit Japanese stores on July 23 for 3129 yen ($29). Preorders can be made at Sega's online retailer, Sega Direct.

belgurdo

Banned
Makes one wonder if they're thinking about going into full-on accessory production, or even making another system

What's interesting is that a popular type of USB pad that I picked up in Japan was an exact replica of the AMERICAN Saturn controller. Unlicensed. But exact.

Kobun Heat said:
What's interesting is that a popular type of USB pad that I picked up in Japan was an exact replica of the AMERICAN Saturn controller. Unlicensed. But exact.

I have that USB pad! It's totally great ... well, not really, the American Saturn controller has problems.

But, the $10 HK American Saturn ripoff is waaaaaaaay better than the $120 authentic Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
JackFrost2012 said:
I have that USB pad! It's totally great ... well, not really, the American Saturn controller has problems.

But, the $10 HK American Saturn ripoff is waaaaaaaay better than the $120 authentic Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad.
Link to purchase?

XS+

Banned
I'd be all all over this, if I didn't already have a Saturn pad + Magic Box for my Mameing needs.

Looks nice tho.

MrSingh

Kobun Heat said:

I have this pad. it's made by Elecom IIRC. Someone at Elecom must have found the old plastic injection molds...

Top Bottom