• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus Import |OT| We All Worship At The Church Of Yumi

crinale

Reading impressions from Japanese BBS ppl are generally liking the story. I hope it gets translated well upon localization.

Demoskinos

Reading impressions from Japanese BBS ppl are generally liking the story. I hope it gets translated well upon localization.

Yeah, the only bummer I'm having with this game is I know there is a killer story and I've only been able to pick up at the best scraps of it. Hell, I'd settle for a fan translation guide even.

Maid

Banned
I'll be honest, when I was looking at the premiere, the promotional materials, little did I think it would have a comprehended story, let even a good once.

ShinMaruku

Jasmine is an alternate timeline Sayuri from a time where there are very few ninjas lead by an alternate Dogen.
This story, oh boy.

Damn it R_thanatos. I was trying to stay strong but I can't wait any longer. Will import it. T_T

Sorry.

I know you've enjoyed SV , so i'll tell you this , this game is even better.

Everything that is great in Sv is in this game with more story and more of what made SK that fun to follow.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sorry.

I know you've enjoyed SV , so i'll tell you this , this game is even better.

Everything that is great in Sv is in this game with more story and more of what made SK that fun to follow.

Say whaaaaa! Should I buy the regular or look for the CE?

SerTapTap

CE is probably not going to be easy to find. They sold 94% of their initial shipment. Hell, regular physical is probably hard to find. Strongly recommend PS4 version BTW.

Interesting, Thus far it seems kinda like random shit and almost none of it ties to the main event but what do I know, I can't read it. But I'm only on day 3 of 8. It's long again

Depends if you plan to collect .. i went digital on JPN PSN, because i couldn't wait and i knew i would have too many charges with importing .

I do recommand the PS4 version.. 1080p feel fresh and welcome.

Demoskinos

CE is probably not going to be easy to find. They sold 94% of their initial shipment. Hell, regular physical is probably hard to find. Strongly recommend PS4 version BTW.

Well I mean..... YOU CAN find it you're just going to really have to pay out the ass for it now.

http://www.play-asia.com/senran-kagura-estival-versus-shoujotachi-no-sentaku-ebten-limite-paOS-13-49-en-70-8avx.html

muteki

Copy is sitting at the Fedex depot in town as of 6pm yesterday and is not on a truck to be delivered today, awesome. Can't complain, as it should get here by the time advertised but if this were ups it would be on a truck today.

Not sure if it has been asked, but for the PS4 version, is the dashboard icon as lewd as the 1st vita game?

SerTapTap

Copy is sitting at the Fedex depot in town as of 6pm yesterday and is not on a truck to be delivered today, awesome. Can't complain, as it should get here by the time advertised but if this were ups it would be on a truck today.

Not sure if it has been asked, but for the PS4 version, is the dashboard icon as lewd as the 1st vita game?

No, it's basically the same as the Vita box art. If you look close you can see clothed boobs but it's pretty innocuous amongst the other icons.
CBS5RALUIAADLvb.jpg:large

SerTapTap

Oh right, there's a Vita version (I own it and still forget, haven't opened it). Can't recommend the PS4 version enough over it. Versus was pretty great but clearly limited by hardware.

Josephl64

Oh right, there's a Vita version (I own it and still forget, haven't opened it). Can't recommend the PS4 version enough over it. Versus was pretty great but clearly limited by hardware.

I'm getting both, but then again I have neither a PS4 nor vita since I just sold my Miku Vita recently in hopes of getting a Kancolle one.

With Kancolle delayed I likely won't be playing this for awhile, and a PS4 far exceeds my budget right now.

muteki

No, it's basically the same as the Vita box art. If you look close you can see clothed boobs but it's pretty innocuous amongst the other icons.
CBS5RALUIAADLvb.jpg:large

Thanks, I still get a laugh out of the vita icon but this looks good too.

I'm getting both, but then again I have neither a PS4 nor vita since I just sold my Miku Vita recently in hopes of getting a Kancolle one.

With Kancolle delayed I likely won't be playing this for awhile, and a PS4 far exceeds my budget right now.

I'm quite bummed about the delay :(

Josephl64

Thanks, I still get a laugh out of the vita icon but this looks good too.

I'm quite bummed about the delay :(

It definitely hurts, but hopefully it results in a better experience.

It's literally impossible to find any of the preorder swag from any of the stores. I just want my twin poster ;-:

Really? I was hoping once I got more scratch I could collect them all...I'm mainly upset that I didn't get Capcom's bonus which was that one with Ryobi treating her sis like a dog.

Pics_nao

It definitely hurts, but hopefully it results in a better experience.

Really? I was hoping once I got more scratch I could collect them all...I'm mainly upset that I didn't get Capcom's bonus which was that one with Ryobi treating her sis like a dog.
I need it so bad. I'll import again if I have to. I just really need some Ryobi swag.

Josephl64

Fuck, I assumed the bonuses were all junk

I don't remember the last time I got a bonus I didn't like...I guess it would have to be something sad like just stickers.

Almost all of them are pretty cool...I have a strong affinity towards tapestries.

I need it so bad. I'll import again if I have to. I just really need some Ryobi swag.

Oh, you're the other person who really likes Ryōbi here. Yeah, I'm upset I can't get her bonus since she's by far my fave :/

SerTapTap

I don't remember the last time I got a bonus I didn't like...I guess it would have to be something sad like just stickers.

Almost all of them are pretty cool...I have a strong affinity towards tapestries.

The AmiAmi ones costed extra and were super lame IMO. Cellphone holder??? ryona as a dog sounds great though

Josephl64

The AmiAmi ones costed extra and were super lame IMO. Cellphone holder??? ryona as a dog sounds great though

Oh yeah that's my lowest priority bonus ever, the only time I got a cellphone holder was because I'm addicted to AliceSoft. It's still the one I would normally skip...those and small tiny cleaner cloths.

The AliceSoft ones I was talking about(Sengoku Rance, Beat Blades Haruka, Toushin Toushi):

Pics_nao

Oh, you're the other person who really likes Ryōbi here. Yeah, I'm upset I can't get her bonus since she's by far my fave :/
I literally only bought the OVA LE for the Ryobi/Miyabi card/poster. Hell, only reason I even started getting the game LEs was because there was a Ryobi gig and if I'm getting one, I may as well get them all.

Josephl64

I literally only bought the OVA LE for the Ryobi/Miyabi card/poster. Hell, only reason I even started getting the game LEs was because there was a Ryobi gig and if I'm getting one, I may as well get them all.

Ah, cool...really want to get the OVA LE. Hopefully I have enough in time.

Might want to link that last pic instead of posting it here hehe

Completely forgot about how lewd the last one was.

My order is in New York right now. Hopefully get it tomorrow.

Mines in New York too and thats where im located. Hopefully it doesnt do the same thing as my Last Round preorder and go all the way to Tennessee just to double back half way across the country. A shipping that shoulda been a week took almost a full month to get to me.

Just looking out for a buddy :p

Completely forgot about how lewd the last one was.

;)

Mines in New York too and thats where im located. Hopefully it doesnt do the same thing as my Last Round preorder and go all the way to Tennessee just to double back half way across the country. A shipping that shoulda been a week took almost a full month to get to me.

Luckily it only has to go to VA, I expect tomorrow or Wednesday.

Demoskinos

I just realized last night that you can change hair and costume colors in this. My mind is blown. I...I...suddenly have so many photo ideas. O_O

After years of using Maya, 3dsMax, Poser, DAZ 3D and the like, my sole objective is to make the lewdest scenes possible.

This man feels no shame.

SerTapTap

After years of using Maya, 3dsMax, Poser, DAZ 3D and the like, my sole objective is to make the lewdest scenes possible.

This man feels no shame.

Godspeed. It's pretty fussy to try and pose things just right but it seems capable enough. I just don't have the patience/drive for it.

Godspeed. It's pretty fussy to try and pose things just right but it seems capable enough. I just don't have the patience/drive for it.

As long as I have X Y Z axes I should be good. Im sure all the poses are preposed and theres no free form pose. If there is free form pose, they are not prepared for my creativity. :eek:

XPS theres no free form X Y Z axes. Its all based on coordinates which drives me up a wall.

SerTapTap

As long as I have X Y Z axes I should be good. Im sure all the poses are preposed and theres no free form pose. If there is free form pose, they are not prepared for my creativity. :eek:

XPS theres no free form X Y Z axes. Its all based on coordinates which drives me up a wall.

As long as the Katsuragi pose is in, which I assume it is, I'm sure you'll create all sorts of things

SerTapTap

Katsugrabbyhands.gif

Is the camera atleast free form angle wise or are those predetermined too?

You have free control over the camera though it's really weird. I think triangle changes whether right stick zooms in/out vs rotating up/down. I don't think you can tilt the camera on it's side, you you can rotate the girls themselves if all else fails. You can change facial expressions too, though they're limited by character and not everyone has the same range.

The only major drawback is to get the most freedom it seems like you need to use a 2D background. Positioning in 3D backgrounds seems extremely limited and you can't seem to freely move them in 3D space anymore, they have to be standing on the ground.

If no one else does I'll try and make a mini-guide to it's controls, I don't fully understand them yet myself but I know enough to be dangerous.

Demoskinos

You have free control over the camera though it's really weird. I think triangle changes whether right stick zooms in/out vs rotating up/down. I don't think you can tilt the camera on it's side, you you can rotate the girls themselves if all else fails. You can change facial expressions too, though they're limited by character and not everyone has the same range.

The only major drawback is to get the most freedom it seems like you need to use a 2D background. Positioning in 3D backgrounds seems extremely limited and you can't seem to freely move them in 3D space anymore, they have to be standing on the ground.

If no one else does I'll try and make a mini-guide to it's controls, I don't fully understand them yet myself but I know enough to be dangerous.

They don't have to be on the ground at all. Triangle changes the camera movement. If your in placement mode you place them wherever the cursor is at. Also FYI to Hitmann you have VERY limited resources to start with. You unlock more poses as you go in the story. Pretty sure destroying towers unlocks poses and other stuff like girl heart missions

SerTapTap

They don't have to be on the ground at all. Triangle changes the camera movement. If your in placement mode you place them wherever the cursor is at. Also FYI to Hitmann you have VERY limited resources to start with. You unlock more poses as you go in the story. Pretty sure destroying towers unlocks poses and other stuff like girl heart missions

Didn't realize the cursor could go above/under ground, but it's still more of a pain IMO than just manually tweaking the position numbers.

Ohhhhh didn't know the bolded. Guess I'll keep playing the story mode before poking at the photo mode too much.

Top Bottom