• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Story spoilers:
Haruka teasing Yozakura about her arousal at the thought of holding panties in her mouth...
LET'S FUCKING GO! XD

joe2187

Banned
Man I wish Rumble Roses was like this, Marvelous needs to make a Wrasselin' game

giphy.gif

with Yuke's asafp!

217.gif

Moonlight

Banned
Maybe I'm a simpler sort, but I adoooore how Homura plays. Just love how her moves flow together and especially her twirling blades. She's a lot more straightforward than like... Kafuya (who I love but completely do not understand) or Minori, but god, I love using her.

TR_

Hows the framerate of the Vita version? The first game ran pretty poorly on Vita and it made me drop the game.

NeoRausch

I think I misunderstood something.

To go into "endless combo mode" you hold R1 (block), touchpad with two fingers, right?

Can't get it to work after the initial training.

Can I kill Murasaki? Something annoys me about her to no end. And it's not just how slowly she speaks, although that is a huge part of it.

Don't bully murasaki , after all the work it takes to get her out of her room , you want her back in ? you monster !!

No, it's alright, i don't want her back in the room. I want her in the graveyard on permanent residensy.

Man, it really bothers me, how none of the hits look like they actually attack enemy. Instead they kinda slap the air around them. Also, this will not net you high ranks, but Jump + /\ is AI's worst nightmare. Just stay away from walls.

No, it's alright, i don't want her back in the room. I want her in the graveyard on permanent residensy.

Man, it really bothers me, how none of the hits look like they actually attack enemy. Instead they kinda slap the air around them. Also, this will not net you high ranks, but Jump + /\ is AI's worst nightmare. Just stay away from walls.

Oh , her hitbox is clearly OUTSIDE her normal range..It's normal , you're under a sninobi spell .

Seriously , i think this is intentionnal , given that everyone else has normal hitboxes.Also the fact that she has that all rounder around attack to hit everything at once.

Oh , her hitbox is clearly OUTSIDE her normal range..It's normal , you're under a sninobi spell .

Seriously , i think this is intentionnal , given that everyone else has normal hitboxes.Also the fact that she has that all rounder around attack to hit everything at once.

Hitbox complaint was not aimed at anybody specifically. Everybody has weird hitbox, where it never looks like I'm hitting them. Instead I am slapping air around them. It's like every single character is actually a massive square running around. The model is neatly paked somwhere in the middle of it and ultimately unimportant.

A.E Suggs

has anybody been able to play multiplayer?

Thought I was the only one, yesterday for some reason it was acting up until I turned it off of any for he first selection.

Has anyone played as Jasmine? I dig her design, but no one seems to talk about her.

You have to unlock her and I'm not sure everyone in the topic has. I love her tho, one of the best designs in the game and I like that her animations as well. Might be my new favorite character.

My disappointment is that no one is talking about Daidoji all that much.

Ultimadrago

You have to unlock her and I'm not sure everyone in the topic has. I love her tho, one of the best designs in the game and I like that her animations as well. Might be my new favorite character.

My disappointment is that no one is talking about Daidoji all that much.

Oh, I see. Thought she was available from the start.

And yeah, Daidouji is pretty high up on my list as well. Awesome design.

has anybody been able to play multiplayer?

Yep from what I played, the smaller 4 man lobbies are ok. The 10 man lobbies though, if anyone's ping is in the red, it will cause multiple people to disconnect. It seems the connection needs to be on point for those modes to get up and running. Wired connection is recommended. My game actually crashed twice, one time when searching for a lobby and another time, everyone in my lobby game crashed at the same time.

xRaizen

Got my second replacement from Amazon today and I'm very satisfied, just a few small creases on the bottom right of the right side of the box. No other creases could be found.

Also got the Gessen pack :3

Nyoro SF

Well, that escalated quickly

Anyway, after trying out the water gun girl, she has the worst guard break in the whole game, and her supers are really bad too. Though, this probably makes up for the fact that she might be the fastest character in the game.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Story spoilers:
Hikage you baka~! How could you break Imu's heart like that (and tease me with the possibility of a new ship?!!!)

Still rolling with it, new ship found!

God, not sure I'll be able to handle this. Sounds pretty damn annoying. There's always text skip, right?

Square skips the entire portion of text, yes, but I tend to play these games by setting dialog to auto and letting it play out at it's own pace. If I am forced to press a button there's 70% chance I'll just start mashing it to skim through.
For some reason, after all these years, Japan still haven't figured how to pace their dialogue. EVERY SINGLE japanese game's conversation feels like it's dragging for longer than it should, even if there's no real visible filler in it. Just some subtelties about "nicely flowing natural conversation thingie" that japanese game devs haven't gotten a grasp on yet...

Speaking of the cards, does anyone has even seen the ones with the DLC characters?

XSEED says they're another possible pull but so far no one has got them (at least the Festival Executives have popped out in the wild)

Lokimaru

Did no one tell Homura at ninja kindergarten about Claw type weapons? Maybe even Freddy style claw gloves would serve her purpose better then Dual welding six fucking swords. That just seems a little dumb, scary as fuck for your opponent but dumb. It's like The Mask and those big ass guns he pulls out at the end.

Moonlight

Banned
Did no one tell Homura at ninja kindergarten about Claw type weapons? Maybe even Freddy style claw gloves would serve her purpose better then Dual welding six fucking swords. That just seems a little dumb, scary as fuck for your opponent but dumb. It's like The Mask and those big ass guns he pulls out at the end.
Claws are for losers who can't hold six swords at the same time.

1upsuper

Speaking of the cards, does anyone has even seen the ones with the DLC characters?

XSEED says they're another possible pull but so far no one has got them (at least the Festival Executives have popped out in the wild)

Would you happen to have a picture handy of the Executive cards? Sorry if it's been posted before. I'm trying to find pictures of all the cards.

As for me, I got Crimson, which is thankfully exactly what I wanted, mainly for Hikage and Homura to a lesser extent.

Ultimadrago

Oh my god, I am in LOVE with Minori's mechanic. It with her Level 2 and Aerial Raves is crazy even on Hard difficulty. I'm blasting through levels at like Level 5. I wonder if the later stages will make it harder.

I can have fun mowing down enemies without being a boring herp-derp MASH like some other characters.

Same with Mirai as usual, though I sorta miss her Switch mechanic from Senran Kagura 2.

Edit: Aaand now level 50 Minori about 45 minutes later. Wow. Just need to max the Yin/Yang/Flash now! And get back to Mirai's leveling.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, why was one of the first things I thought of while in the dressing room "why can't I grab their butts & jiggle that around"

........then the 2nd thought being "I wonder what each girl's reaction to being kissed is?"

............then the THIRD thought being "...can I kiss her in other places??"

what am i doing

Top Bottom