• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

Does anyone know if Marvelous Europe ship their games in advance or do they do it on release day? I don't think I've gotten a confirmation for whether they've already shipped the order I made.

I bought from Ozgameshop yesterday (who I think order directly from Marvellous) and they shipped my order last night (before the 18th). I chose the express post method so will update as soon as it arrives (I'm in AUS).

BBboy20

Creative Finishes are noted by the signs with red exclamation points on them, and if you finish off an enemy shinobi near one of them, it will activate a special finishing animation.
Huh...was wondering why no information was popping from them.

antitrop

Some of these Creative Finishes are pretty O_O

https://giant.gfycat.com/ImpartialNarrowAfricanjacana.gif (NSFW)

ZgH0YIW.jpg

I had to send mine back.

Amazon shipped it in a fucking bubble mailer and it was not in great shape.

They sent me a replacement overnight, so I should have it here by tomorrow.

Ultimadrago

I had to send mine back.

Amazon shipped it in a fucking bubble mailer and it was not in great shape.

They sent me a replacement overnight, so I should have it here by tomorrow.

Same happened to me. Well, they sent it in a box and it was 50% crushed first, but then they sent the replacement in a bubble mailer and it was in perfect flippin condition. lol

Ah well, I did get Gessen cards in my replacement, so it wasn't a total loss. Wooooooo!

A.E Suggs

Really? That sucks. Good thing I got the Japanese version then.

Yep, surprised that more people aren't mad we aren't getting everything the japanese got especially since its something that has to do with gameplay. Even if you don't like the characters I'd still be kinda mad. Oh well.

I wonder if the japanese version is cross compatible online, I may still get that version since I beat the story and aside from a few characters it sucks anyway.

xRaizen

Update on my replacement order from Amazon:

The replacement had almost the same crushes and creases as the first :I they sent it in an envelope yet again. That envelope doesn't protect this type of product.

Called and now getting a second replacement by Saturday, along with $5 Amazon credit. Let's see if they're smart enough to send it inside a box this time..

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yep, surprised that more people aren't mad we aren't getting everything the japanese got especially since its something that has to do with gameplay.

As someone who has the Japanese version and all of the content...it's not that big a deal. None of the DLC characters apart from Daidouji and Rin come with their own levels and stories, so the draw of using them was pretty diminished for me. Sure you can mess with them on other characters' levels and use them in multiplayer, but the three missing characters isn't as big a deal because they offer so little to the game, IMO. I doubt the Japanese version will work with the American version because those characters aren't available, though.

Puruzi

Banned
see I actually like everyone in gessen except yumi, but because yumi is there I can't consider it a good school

Risette

A Good Citizen
Update on my replacement order from Amazon:

The replacement had almost the same crushes and creases as the first :I they sent it in an envelope yet again. That envelope doesn't protect this type of product.

Called and now getting a second replacement by Saturday, along with $5 Amazon credit. Let's see if they're smart enough to send it inside a box this time..
As somebody who barely uses Amazon because of this sort of stuff anymore, they probably won't, sorry. Just return it and get a copy from Gamestop while they're easily available.

I remember I went through four copies of Seven Samurai (movie not a game) which were all sent in bubble mailers even though I specifically requested they send replacements in a box since it came in a cardboard collectors style box. After that I largely gave up on Amazon.

Ultimadrago

Minorin, Yozokura and Murakumo are literally a cheat code to have best school.

Speaking of schools, Senran Kagura 2 has sold me more on Crimson's chemistry. They are more entertaining than I gave credit for and Homura is less boring than the anime made me imagine.

xRaizen

As somebody who barely uses Amazon because of this sort of stuff anymore, they probably won't, sorry. Just return it and get a copy from Gamestop while they're easily available.

I remember I went through four copies of Seven Samurai (movie not a game) which were all sent in bubble mailers even though I specifically requested they send replacements in a box since it came in a cardboard collectors style box. After that I largely gave up on Amazon.

On the last one, did they do anything else for you? Cause if it happens again I'm going to straight up tell them to refund me and I'll just start using Best Buy for the 20% off :I

A.E Suggs

see I actually like everyone in gessen except yumi, but because yumi is there I can't consider it a good school

You're talking like yumi is the worst offender. Minori is easily the worst character from their school. Aside from the crimson squad all schools have at least one dud imo. I never really liked Hibari or Ryona either, just terrible characters imo in looks,personality and gameplay.

As someone who has the Japanese version and all of the content...it's not that big a deal. None of the DLC characters apart from Daidouji and Rin come with their own levels and stories, so the draw of using them was pretty diminished for me. Sure you can mess with them on other characters' levels and use them in multiplayer, but the three missing characters isn't as big a deal because they offer so little to the game, IMO. I doubt the Japanese version will work with the American version because those characters aren't available, though.

Well that changes things a little, but I don't like getting all the characters that the japanese version had because that's a part of the gameplay. I mean I"m content but I still would have liked to have them because I really like Kanu, but I do understand why they aren't there.

Puruzi

Banned
You're talking like yumi is the worst offender. Minori is easily the worst character from their school. Aside from the crimson squad all schools have at least one dud imo. I never really liked Hibari or Ryona either, just terrible characters imo in looks,personality and gameplay.

I like Minori and Hibari

I LOVE Ryona

I actually like most of the characters, and i'm just indifferent to others.

The only character I actively hate is Yumi.

Risette

A Good Citizen
On the last one, did they do anything else for you? Cause if it happens again I'm going to straight up tell them to refund me and I'll just start using Best Buy for the 20% off :I
They let me keep the least damaged one of the two I had at the end for free and refunded the total cost.

Which wasn't too bad of a deal, but a huge waste of time that honestly wasn't worth it.

Ultimadrago

I LOVE Ryona

Ryona is the one bright spot of New Hebijo (a.k.a. The Dullards).

Bless her Wan.

Crimson Squad's dud is named "Yomi".

Moonlight

Banned
I can get behind that. I like Miyabi as a design, but she's outrageously boring. Most everyone else in New Hebijo sucks. Ryona's alright, though.

Chorazin

Same, Shiki is nuts. Destroyed all the shinobi and the boss girl before I even know it and missed a platform. 😫

Moonlight

Banned
Really not a fan of the top two, but okay with everyone else. Happy to see Hikage rightfully so far up (and that the list is in agreement of how much better Crimson Squad is overall), with Yozakura being represented too.

I like Hikage okay. I'm pleasantly surprised to see Mirai is even in Top 10 though.

What what

To be fair. Mirai does have some really funny moments, especially whenever she's around Murasaki.

Also. Dat Chapter 4. Everything in that chapter is so on point, it's perfect.

Alfebit

Banned
Same happened to me. Well, they sent it in a box and it was 50% crushed first, but then they sent the replacement in a bubble mailer and it was in perfect flippin condition. lol

Ah well, I did get Gessen cards in my replacement, so it wasn't a total loss. Wooooooo!

How does getting replacements on Amazon work? My box is mostly ok with a small dent in the corner and I was wondering if they need me to send it back to get a replacement. If I need to send it back I'll probably just keep it.

I really only want to send it back to get a chance at Ryona cards.

Shiki is my girl, but so is Ikaruga. Funny how yumi is hated on gaf by some, but I'm positive that I saw her win every popularity poll by japan since her reveal.

Yep I was right,
http://senrankagura.marv.jp/series/kaguraEV/special/vote.html

but I was surprised by japan with the #3 spot, thought they didn't like those type of characters? Also funny how only 2 leaders are in top 10.

It's almost like Japan has bad taste

Shiki is my girl, but so is Ikaruga. Funny how yumi is hated on gaf by some, but I'm positive that I saw her win every popularity poll by japan since her reveal.

Yep I was right,
http://senrankagura.marv.jp/series/kaguraEV/special/vote.html

but I was surprised by japan with the #3 spot, thought they didn't like those type of characters? Also funny how only 2 leaders are in top 10.

This list offends me.

It's almost like Japan has bad taste

We've known this for years, so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Ultimadrago

How does getting replacements on Amazon work? My box is mostly ok with a small dent in the corner and I was wondering if they need me to send it back to get a replacement. If I need to send it back I'll probably just keep it.

Just use the Amazon Chat and tell them of your damaged package (with picture(s). When they ask you to drop off, insist that you would like UPS to pick it up themselves from your door. Of course, if you don't mind dropping off, you can do that. I hate having to go out of my way for a shipping/warehouse issue, personally.

Alfiepls

Where she belongs, tbh.

As leader of best school, I don't mind!

Alfebit

Banned
Just use the Amazon Chat and tell them of your damaged package (with picture(s). When they ask you to drop off, insist that you would like UPS to pick it up themselves from your door. Of course, if you don't mind dropping off, you can do that. I hate having to go out of my way for a shipping/warehouse issue, personally.

Alfiepls

Ah, that sounds like a lot more work than I'm willing to put up with. Maybe it's for the best so I don't run the risk of getting a Yumi card and having to get a second replacement.

Wan Wan~

Ah, that sounds like a lot more work than I'm willing to put up with. Maybe it's for the best so I don't run the risk of getting a Yumi card and having to get a second replacement.

lol

*Open Box*

*Contains a Yumi Card*

"Uhh hello I'd like to return my damaged copy."

A.E Suggs

Hey now, all of japan doesn't have shit taste, I mean the guy that created the game doesn't at least.

Turns out the old topic for this game had some debate about this already lol. Someone also posted the rest of the names from the poll in said thread

第11位:Miyabi
第12位:Murasaki
第13位:Shiki
第14位:Yagyu
第15位:Murakumo
第16位:Asuka
第17位:Kafuru
第18位:Ryoki
第19位:Katsuragi
第20位:Renka
第21位:Hibari
第22位:Sayuri
第23位:Minori
第24位:Imu
第25位:Hanabi

It makes me happy to see most of the characters I don't like so low like hanabi,minori, Hibari and imu. This proves right here that they don't have to shit of taste.

Ultimadrago

Wan Wan~

Thank the Goddess for whoever gave me their replacement for my replacement then!

Top Bottom