• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 11th - The Game

Laurent

I'm lazy, what is that STALKER game? I know about Chernobyl (haven't you learned that in school? I know we do in Québec) but I wonder how we are suposed to survive that catastrophe. How are we supose to survive Hiroshima is also a good question! What will the game be?

The idea might be good, but as long as I haven't see footage of the games, I have no interest whatsoever...

Laurent

coup_full.jpg

Now THEY weren't too late...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
snapty00 said:
Gee, I wonder where all the ignorance about how videogames are evil comes from.

What? Might be a good game. I might portray the rescue workers as heros and become something the industry can be proud of!

ok...maybe not, but let's just wait until we get more info about the game before trashing it.

rastex

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
What? Might be a good game. I might portray the rescue workers as heros and become something the industry can be proud of!

Actually, I really hope this is the case. Movies have been released about September 11th, so why can't an interactive experience be released as well? I think that's the big problem with calling everything interactive a "game" it trivializes it. I'm not talking about games as art even, but interactive experience that transcend points and simple competitive objectives while being entertaining.

belgurdo

Banned
snapty00 said:
Gee, I wonder where all the ignorance about how videogames are evil comes from.

Escaping the burning twin towers is "evil" now? It's not like the press release stated that you can ride corpses down the stairs like a toboggan or anything...

And videogames are as much as an expressive art form as any, so why shouldn't there be games that involve real life conflict that don't require the player to have a machinegun in his hands?

Ranger X

belgurdo said:
And videogames are as much as an expressive art form as any, so why shouldn't there be games that involve real life conflict that don't require the player to have a machinegun in his hands?

this needed to be read twice

rastex

Banned
belgurdo said:

Needed to be read THRICE!

Laurent

belgurdo said:
Escaping the burning twin towers is "evil" now? It's not like the press release stated that you can ride corpses down the stairs like a toboggan or anything...
There WILL be people that will scream for help. You WILL have to ignore them in order to stay alive. This will be weird, I can sense it...

RiZ III

Thats pretty fucked up. They should leave man made disasters out of there. What, are they going to put holocaust camps in there too?

And how the hell is the Hiroshima level going to work. What are you going to survive? BOOM! Game over.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
enjoy bell woods said:
It's not too soon. It's just stupid.
Really now, that thread should have ended with that quote. It sums it up perfectly.

Now I could be very optimistic and pretend that this will be an elightening experience highlighting the actual panic and terror of these situations and help us understand the human condition or I could be realistic and notice that The Guy Game just came out and there's still about 4 thousand more PAINTBRAWL games down the pipeline.

Sho Nuff

Banned
231579.jpg

btw Disaster Report is awesome until the end, when it gets totally retarded and a dude keeps chasing you with a bazooka

Vitten

RiZ III said:
Thats pretty fucked up. They should leave man made disasters out of there. What, are they going to put holocaust camps in there too?

Makes me think about some morbid Theme Park expansion pack

Top Bottom