• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
LegitimateHelpfulBarebirdbat.gif
B-R-I-E MOE-DE

WH WHA WHAT

and it's better than Rollins theme.

Look, white kids of that era had lots of choices, a wide range, from pop to metal and punk. If you were a tough, badarse white boy and you wanted to express your toughness through your musical choices, you would be blasting Black Sabbath or something through the stereo of your beat-to-shite muscle car. Now if I as a black dude wanted to express that same feeling of toughness and badarsery, what is my Black Sabbath/muscle car equivalent, pre- Gangsta Rap?

Now of course anyone could listen to Sabbath or Zeppelin or Bowie, regardless of race, blah, blah, blah. Let's get real, though. What was the range of options available to the young black man? Michael Jackson-Marvin Gaye-James Brown-Rick James? Was Rick James' music the hardest shite available at the time?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Re: Pepsocrazy,

The October OT is in October, only the cosmic key can take us one step towards the future present all we need is patience, he will deliver.

Aiii

So not worth it
A new world order, brother

But the Critically Acclaimed Monday Night War has been telling me for weeks that the nWo was just a bunch of old washed up WWF rejects that nobody really liked anyways and look how awesome WWF was with their home grown talent and DX, DX was so much better. We should have DX avatar month next month.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But the Critically Acclaimed Monday Night War has been telling me for weeks that the nWo was just a bunch of old washed up WWF rejects that nobody really liked anyways and look how awesome WWF was with their home grown talent and DX, DX was so much better. We should have DX avatar month next month.

I can't trust Keith David after Saints Row 4.

bjork

Look, white kids of that era had lots of choices, a wide range, from pop to metal and punk. If you were a tough, badarse white boy and you wanted to express your toughness through your musical choices, you would be blasting Black Sabbath or something through the stereo of your beat-to-shite muscle car. Now if I as a black dude wanted to express that same feeling of toughness and badarsery, what is my Black Sabbath/muscle car equivalent, pre- Gangsta Rap?

Now of course anyone could listen to Sabbath or Zeppelin or Bowie, regardless of race, blah, blah, blah. Let's get real, though. What was the range of options available to the young black man? Michael Jackson-Marvin Gaye-James Brown-Rick James? Was Rick James' music the hardest shite available at the time?

You're answering your own question. There really wasn't anything. Not on a national level. Definitely not on the radio or even on MTV when it first came out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck is this faction warfare? Bullet Club is as good as dead right now.

I guess it helps Bullet Club doesn't have an original idea and piggybacks off the GRANDADDIES (literally :( ) of the nWo.

Sephzilla

I've learned my lesson when it comes to GamerGate/SJW/Anita threads, but holy fuck, some of the stuff I see in them baffles me and really makes the anti-GamerGate people look just as bad if not worse.

jred2k

His thread-making ability is yet to be seen, but god damn if Pepsi isn't great at building interest in a thread. I haven't seen this much OT meta commentary since the days of monthly Sandman threads.

Saints Row. The franchise I really want to like because the tone and mindset that go into those games are perfect, but the actual game portion of it just never sticks with me for super long.

Have you played all of them? I know fans have a liking towards 2 but 3 and 4 are the ones I really enjoyed. Game's pretty easy to breeze through, I like that about the game.

His thread-making ability is yet to be seen, but god damn if Pepsi isn't great at building interest in a thread. I haven't seen this much OT meta commentary since the days of monthly Sandman threads.

Sandman's thread titles were as uninspired as Cesaro, Rollins, and Ambrose's current entrance themes. Still, you have to respect his steadfastness in not giving in and using any of the superior suggested titles throughout his career.

somedevil

TNA Bound for Glory Card:

Tag Team Grudge Match
James Storm and Great Sanada vs. Great Muta and Tajiri

X Division Title Match
Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki vs. Kaz Hayashi

Tag Team Match
Team 3D vs. Abyss and Tommy Dreamer

Knockouts Match
Havok vs. Velvet Sky

TNA vs. Wrestle-1
Ethan Carter III vs. Ryota Hama

TNA vs. Wrestle-1
Manik vs. Minoru Tanaka

TNA vs. Wrestle-1
MVP vs. Kazma Sakamoto

Andy Wu and Hijo Del Pantera vs. Yusuke Kodama and Kuroshio Ikemen Jiro

Plus with this comment:

I can confidently say this will be the most intriguing and captivating three hours of professional wrestling action all year,” said John Gaburick, TNA’s executive vice-president, talent relations and creative. “With an incredible card pitting the best professional wrestling athletes against one another in never-before-seen matches, Bound For Glory will once again set the standard for the best wresting in the world

So buy this to see the best wrestling in the world!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This title better be incredible. Don't fuck us like Sandman did.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love that NOBODY likes Bruce Prichard. He has to be the most universally hated man in wrestling. Like I even know dudes who think Russo was alright for the most part. Everyone HATES Prichard though.

Top Bottom