• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
goldust feud with Ahmed Jhonson was good in 1996....... And that's it.

Goldust/Venis feud? that was crap... Except for the kick in Venis' nuts.

Goldust had an awesome feud with Razor Ramon, Roddy Piper, a great run with Luna Vachon when he was Marilyndust, he had a pretty crazy angle with Brian Pillman too. Goldust was an awesome mid level talent when that still meant something.

Valentus

Goldust had an awesome feud with Razor Ramon, Roddy Piper, a great run with Luna Vachon when he was Marilyndust, he had a pretty crazy angle with Brian Pillman too. Goldust was an awesome mid level talent when that still meant something.

You cant be serious, the actor formely known as Goldust was HIS WORST GIMNICK IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER, even the Touret-Goldust gimnick was better than that.

Goldust was a good mid carder, but he goes down to the toilet when the angle of his divorce with Terry started.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 10/22/98

The real go home show for Halloween Havoc. I will be blazing through this. Not with weed, but with speed.

Super Calo vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

Rey comes out wearing a Rey Jr. sweatshirt. The old man kind, not hoodie. Calo hits a springboard drop kick and big slam. He takes Rey to the floor and hits that wacky lucha senton. Rey hits a sweet head scissors. Super rana for the win. Eddie tries to get Rey to join the LWO. Why didn't they ask Super Calo? Rey declines.

ibalT4wnDeolr8.gif

TO THE SCHIAVONE
. DDP is the guest. Goldberg has done zero promo work for this feud. The only promo he's had was in regards to the nWo. DDP lives the American Dream on the edge of a lightning bolt. Sweet reference. He's jumping off that lightning bolt and onto Goldberg. "Is it you who's going to Bangtown?" Fuck, I wish I could go to Bangtown.

Alex Wright vs Johnny Swinger

Swinger got a jobber entrance. Even Super Calo gets an entrance and he hasn't won a match all year. Jobber jobbed.

Recap of Sting/Hart from Nitro.

Kanyon vs Chris Jericho WCW Unified Television Championship

Jericho takes the mic and says the reason people answer "nobody" to Kanyon's question is because they have accepted Jericho as their savior. Kanyon gets bumped to the floor and we go to break. Jericho is doing a stalling suplex when we come back. Kanyon hits a superplex from the second rope with Jericho on the apron. People stealing from Kanyon even today. Reverse suplex from Jericho. Catching Northern lights from Kanyon. Electric chair drop. A missile dropkick lays out both the ref and Kanyon. Raven runs in for an Evenflow and gets promptly put in the Liontamer. He's had a bad few weeks. The match is thrown out. Jericho retains.

iivPBpIwRSUSX.gif

Recap of Hogan beating up Whoreass on Nitro.

Saturn vs Norman Smiley

Norman catches a super kick into an Achilles lock. Saturn comes back with a Fujiwara arm bar. Saturn hits HHH's face buster and a neckbreaker. Norman does a stalling butterfly suplex. Saturn comes back with a series of suplexes and a superkick. DVD for the win.

ibyJqcwBLB8VZT.gif

Riggs vs Lex Luger

Lex has no match for the PPV. The nWo feud has really been completely aimless since War Games, with Hall vs Nash being the only concrete thing going on. Lex wins in a weirdly competitive match.

TAFKATAFKAPI vs Juventued Guerrera

Disco tried to cost Juvi the match, but ends up actually causing him to do a split leg moonsault for the win. Disco then tries to piledrive Juvi. Kidman breaks it up. Juvi then attacks Kidman and they all brawl.

Recap of the Mayor throwing Bischoff out of her city.

Konnan vs Scott Armstrong

More jobbers.

Kendall Windham vs Dean Malenko

Kendall grabs a mic. He says the Horsemen are the best of the best. That ain't Malenko. Kendall hits a big boot and Windham lariatoo. Leg lariatoo from Dean. Cloverleaf. That's it. Two moves from Dean. He also grabs a mic. He calls out Bischoff as a cunty fuckhead. He brings out the rest of the Horsemen. Arn doesn't care about what Eric says about him, but you can't talk about his family. Flair reveals that he's planning on taking Bischoff's job.

The Giant vs Sting

Sting locks on the Deathlock and the nWo hits the ring. They attack Sting's leg with a chair. Rick Steiner comes out with a bat, throws it to Sting, and chases Scott away. Sting then runs off the nWo. The rest of the Wolfpac show up AFTER Sting already cleared the ring. WE'RE OUTTA TIME. JOIN US FOR HALLOWEEN HAVOC.

Nothing new announced. The full announced card for Halloween Havoc

Goldberg vs DDP WCW Championship
The Warrior vs Hollywood Hogan
Bret Hart vs Sting WCW US Championship
Kevin Nash vs Scott Hall
Rick Steiner vs Scott Steiner No DQ

Up next is Halloween Havoc with some Crown Black. Pretty excited for the Warrior/Hogan gifs.

Great match, I'm really surprised how well Gold dust did

That 2.99 count after the Cross-Rhodes was epic, good job by Orton there. That's as close as you can get to 3

dream

RKO carrying this 50 year old slob to a ***1/2 match pretty much confirms that RKO is the new Ric Flair. ie, he can carry a broom to a good match,

Sad that Goldust doesn't appear to have really mattered to this angle at all, but that was a really good match for both guys. Orton's no Bryan, but he's one of the most reliably solid guys on the roster, nevertheless.

He's not a decent wrestler or good on the mic. He is good at PR stuff. His in ring skills have done nothing but get worse over the past 2 years and even at his peak, he wasn't that good in the ring. He also has been getting worse at talking over the past 2 years, to the point where he often stumbles over himself and just says stupid and annoying things and makes a duck face because he's so cool. He should be used once a month of TV and spend the rest of it doing PR work.
I find it hard to say he's a bad Wrestler. Sure he's not very good, and will never be remembered for being a fantastic technical wrestler, but he's not bad.

Miz has had quiet a few good matches recently, at the very least, entertaining to watch. His recent matches with Barret were pretty good, the feud with Fandango was pretty fun to watch as well. Sure he's not super agile in the ring, but he can get around and do some decent moves.

His mic skills are fine, he works with what he's given. His Wrestlemania promos were all pretty damn good, his ether of Kofi when he returned was pretty damn good, MizTV is on and off on being decent. If Miz is giving the chance, he can cut a pretty good promo.

I don't know, I like Miz.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You cant be serious, the actor formely known as Goldust was HIS WORST GIMNICK IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER, even the Touret-Goldust gimnick was better than that.

Goldust was a good mid carder, but he goes down to the toilet when the angle of his divorce with Terry started.

Boo on you. You probably didn't like Dustydust either.

Joeki11a

Banned
I find it hard to say he's a bad Wrestler. Sure he's not very good, and will never be remembered for being a fantastic technical wrestler, but he's not bad.

Miz has had quiet a few good matches recently, at the very least, entertaining to watch. His recent matches with Barret were pretty good, the feud with Fandango was pretty fun to watch as well. Sure he's not super agile in the ring, but he can get around and do some decent moves.

His mic skills are fine, he works with what he's given. His Wrestlemania promos were all pretty damn good, his ether of Kofi when he returned was pretty damn good, MizTV is on and off on being decent. If Miz is giving the chance, he can cut a pretty good promo.

I don't know, I like Miz.

you cant be serious, typing all that about freaking Mike Mizzanass or whatever he is called.

Actually, while a Dusty-NXT invasion seems unlikely, since NXT doesn't seem to be canon, him bringing in someone young from NXT as his "champion" to fight for his family's honor/Cody's reinstatement would be a GREAT way to introduce someone. Zayn maybe? He's easily ready, and he's a good smiling babyface.

Top Bottom