• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

I never said he did. I'm saying that his backstage influence is the reason Nikki has kept the title for so long. If she wasnt with John Cena you best believe she wouldn't have kept the title for so long.

Very well could be. Who cares? Who in the last couples months was so head and shoulders above her that the audience was demanding to be champion?

Like them firing her Husband on her wedding day?

she went back to work after that

Toki767

I'm not saying that to be salty. Aside from the Cena politics, this was pretty much done so WWE can stop mentioning AJ had the longest reigning Diva championship.
An easier and way more acceptable way to get past that would just be to start calling them women and bring that title back.

Then they can just name Moolah and never acknowledge it because no one is breaking that record.

thefro

So they did this to satisfy Nikki by giving her the record and then they will give Charlotte the title on Sunday.

The issue is that they pushed the record as being the important thing, not the title itself. It obviously helps the title's prestige somewhat as a by-product, but that's been secondary.

That's why you got a legit big pop for the title change before they pulled the Dusty finish. Not sure you get that on Sunday.

I don't think the booking was awful but the timing of the PPV doesn't work with the storyline they're trying to tell. You need a follow-up interview with both parties with Charlotte crying on cue (which she can do) and Nikki gloating and shifting the focus to wanting the title until she retires or whatever. Dusty finish can work but you need time to show those couple beats of the story before they wrassle again.

The match was actually really well-laid out to play to Nikki & Charlotte's strengths and didn't go too long. So props to the agents.

Really happy to see some #TeamNikki support. I was so alone for a few pages...

Nikki%2BMcMahon%2B%2526%2BStephanie%2BLevesque%2Btogether%2B6.gif

How nice of Ziggler to help give that after thought, Cesaro a victory.

Had no idea that Nikki was champion because of Cena.

Thought it might have been because she has improved considerably over the past couple of years.

Ehhh...what the fuck do I know.

And fuck you Ziggler. I swear that Rusev has been a face for a while now.

Top Bottom