• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

I find it interesting that a lot of the discussion is focused on Nikki losing and not how anyone wanted Charlotte to win. So I guess you could say Nikki is the better character, and logically would make a better champion on this sports entertainment show.

Because AJ loved the business and I bet it hurt her to walk away from it.

you sure do know a lot about what goes on backstage and in people's minds

Ithil

I find it interesting that a lot of the discussion is focused on Nikki losing and not how anyone wanted Charlotte to win. So I guess you could say Nikki is the better character, and logically would make a better champion on this sports entertainment show.

In another, more accurate way, no.

Sou Da

We moved onto the false equivalence section of this discussion.

Kaiterra

Banned
The issue is that they pushed the record as being the important thing, not the title itself. It obviously helps the title's prestige somewhat as a by-product, but that's been secondary.

That's why you got a legit big pop for the title change before they pulled the Dusty finish. Not sure you get that on Sunday.

I don't think the booking was awful but the timing of the PPV doesn't work with the storyline they're trying to tell. You need a follow-up interview with both parties with Charlotte crying on cue (which she can do) and Nikki gloating and shifting the focus to wanting the title until she retires or whatever. Dusty finish can work but you need time to show those couple beats of the story before they wrassle again.

The match was actually really well-laid out to play to Nikki & Charlotte's strengths and didn't go too long. So props to the agents.

Some truth in this post. As it is, this would have been much better if it happened a month ago. Or a week ago.

So? She's making the company money. Remember when she couldn't even compete for the championship when Total Divas first started?

Remember how Total Divas has been very successful for WWE, Bellas and Paige sell a ton of merch, and now WWE's total female audience has increased by nearly 20% based on Total Divas?

JavyOO7

I'm pretty sure Cena has nothing to do with Nikki's title reign being so long. Nikki had it this long because they probably like her ring work quite a bit and weren't ready to hand it off to the NXT women or Naomi just yet in a storyline sense. Nikki's over in RAW/Smackdown and the star of a reality TV show... they see nothing but $$$ with that in their eyes.

What sucks is that the belt has been treated improperly. WWE can fix it in a flash, but... they lack patience. At least in NXT the women's title means something. Until Bayley loses to Eva Marie at the next Takeover... =p

I'm pretty sure Cena has nothing to do with Nikki's title reign being so long. Nikki had it this long because they probably like her ring work quite a bit and weren't ready to hand it off to the NXT women or Naomi just yet in a storyline sense. Nikki's over in RAW/Smackdown and the star of a reality TV show... they see nothing but $$$ with that in their eyes.

What sucks is that the belt has been treated improperly. WWE can fix it in a flash, but... they lack patience. At least in NXT the women's title means something. Until Bayley loses to Eva Marie at the next Takeover... =p
WWE isn't the one lacking patience, it's the audience.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
To be fair, if they want to follow NXT's example, shouldn't the Diva's title change hands at a PPV? I really don't care about AJ's title tenure and I doubt AJ or CM Punk do either.

Hex

Banned
Didnt AJ wanted 15k for appearances in indys? Im pretty sure she just moved on.

The 15k was because she really does not want to do it anymore.
If someone will pay that much, then absolutely.
She doesn't feel it.
The fact that Nikki won it tonight is terrible, though I did not want Charlotte with the title either.
As much as I do not like Nikki, every time she comes out and does that little turn I forget all about it.

Ithil

To be fair, if they want to follow NXT's example, shouldn't the Diva's title change hands at a PPV? I really don't care about AJ's title tenure and I doubt AJ or CM Punk do either.

Yes, it should have. Last month's PPV, Summerslam. Mysteriously it wasn't defended at all.

Pizoxuat

No one in the Ziggler/Ruru clusterfuck is a face. Ziggler is a fucking creep, Rusev is a controlling jerk, Summer is nuts, Lana is wearing acid-washed denim.

You're wrong. Even Dave Meltzer says her title run is because of Cena.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...stopping-wwe-from-taking-the-divas-title-off/

Dave Meltzer was asked about the rumors on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio and said he did not know if there was any truth to those rumors but did say Cena's relationship is part of the reason why Nikki is having such a lengthy title reign. He has heard no talk about the Charlotte rumor but added that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It was also stated that Cena has spoken up in the past when Nikki was set to lose the title but he doesn't know if Cena's done that in the last few weeks.

iStock_000031396516Small-290x290.jpg

Pizoxuat

I am pretty sure a fanfiction writer could make a convincing case that Ziggler is fucking Rusev by proxy by stealing all his girlfriends.

somedevil

Night of Champions Card:

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Sting
Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena
Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and TBA vs. The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Braun Strowman)
Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev (with Summer Rae)
The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Big E, and Xavier Woods) (c) vs. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley)
Ryback (c) vs. Kevin Owens
Nikki Bella (c) vs. Charlotte

Preshow:

Lucha Dragons and Neville vs Ascension and Stardust

JavyOO7

They really should follow NXT's example. Less is more.

Sure the NXT ladies are still in the television show but usually the matches are basically house show matches. They hold back so that they can give it 100 percent at the next Takeover.

NXT lately is showing tons of squash matches and I love it. The NXT women are great too because they give them time to rant about their matches and it makes the audience more engaged to their characters. And their promos are probably not scripted.

Top Bottom