• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sequel To 28 Days Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suerte

From empireonline:

A couple of years back, 28 Days Later scared the living daylights out of everyone who saw it. Creeps shot up our spine as armies of sprinting infected got " a bit bitey", as Shaun's mum would say, and congestion charging met a gloomy end as all traffic disappeared from the streets of London. Although come to think of it, at least you'd be able to get a seat on the Tube in the morning, so it's not a complete disaster movie.

Now, as inevitably as red eyes and an insatiable hunger for blood follow infection, there is word on a possible sequel. Tentatively titled 28 Weeks Later, Fox Searchlight is in talks with BBC screenwriter Rowan Joffe, the man behind Last Resort, to come up with the script. Director Danny Boyle and original screenwriter Alex Garland are expected to return as producers but not to take up their original roles, and there's no word as yet on whether any of the original cast, notably lead Cillian Murphy, will return.

It's hard to imagine a sequel matching the nightmare-inducing original, especially with Boyle and Garland no longer in the driving seat, and it remains to be seen which of the endings to the original this will follow – the alternative ending was much gloomier than the theatrical version seen here in the UK. Still, we hope that this will emerge as a worthy successor - and whatever happens, it could be worse. It could be a sequel to Sandra Bullock's 28 Days.

Could be decent with the right script!

Bog

Junior Ace
This will be good for when I go to video stores and put 28 Days (the Sandra Bullock movie) and 28 Days Later next to each other. Now I can add a THIRD.

XS+

Banned
Bog said:
This will be good for when I go to video stores and put 28 Days (the Sandra Bullock movie) and 28 Days Later next to each other. Now I can add a THIRD.
A winner is you

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
BatiGOOOOOOL said:
It was an entertaining movie. I´d definitely go see the sequel. But what was the alternative ending? I never watched the DVD.

Remember the scene at the end with Selena trying to save Jim in the hospital? In the alternate ending Jim dies and Hannah is like "So what do we do now?" and Selena is like ".... we move!!". And they leave the hospital with Jim dead on the table and that's the end.

El Papa

There were two alternate endings:

One of the endings, homeboy dies at the hospital and the woman and little girl walk down the hall, fade to black. The second one the guy still dies, but after the hosptial scene there is the cottage scene, but it's just the two females waiting for the plane.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
not sure what kind of sequel they could do, maybe a prequel showing what happened during those initial 28 days, but what could they do in a sequel?

All the zombies were dying of hunger, right?

I'll gefinately dee it but IMO, but the Dawn of the Dead remake with Ving Rhames was much better that 28 Days later.

Heres to hoping the DotD remake team is doing a Day of the Dead sequel/remake.

Laurent

Another 28 Weeks Later
Monday, June 21, 2004

Fox Searchlight is developing a sequel to 28 Days Later, the Danny Boyle-directed horror film that became a fall hit in 2002, reports Variety. The trade says that the tentative title is 28 Weeks Later and that the studio is in talks with Rowan Joffe (BBC's Last Resort) to write the script.

Boyle is not expected to direct the sequel, though he and screenwriter Alex Garland likely will take producing roles alongside the first film's producer, Andrew Macdonald.

In the original, a powerful virus is unleashed on the British public following a raid on a primate research facility by animal rights activists. Transmitted in a drop of blood and devastating within seconds, the virus locks those infected into a permanent state of murderous rage. Within 28 days the country is overwhelmed and a handful of survivors begin their attempts to salvage a future, little realizing that the deadly virus is not the only thing that threatens them.

The low-budget film, starring Cillian Murphy, grossed $45 million in the U.S. and north of $25 million overseas.
Source: Variety > Coming Soon! > Opa-Ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom