• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of The Erdtree offers over 65 hours of content, over half of the size of the main game

Draugoth

Gold Member
Miyazaki is a liar. Shadow of the Erdtree is more than half the size of Elden Ring. It is a massive expansion that shatters expectations, and I've played 65 hours of it and am still discovering new places and items as of last night.

The map of Shadow of the Erdtree is better designed than the base Elden Ring. Its smaller size means various gorgeous and nightmarish areas interlock and loop within, over and under each other like a massive Zelda/Souls dungeon across a continent.

One boss in "Shadow of the Erdtree" took me 4 days to kill, longer than my previous FromSoft boss record of 3 days to kill Malenia and Isshin. It might be the hardest fight ever conceived. When I finally beat it, my body was literally trembling.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
DOTY4cI.jpeg

FeralEcho

I believe it regarding size.

AgtJake who's a big souls lore youtuber and has over 1000 hours in Elden Ring said that even though the map is size wise "only" as big as Limgrave,it is so dense and so insane in the amount of verticality,dungeons and intricate areas you explore that if you take it and lay it down just horizontally as a whole it's about as big as Limgrave,Liurnia,Caelid,Altus Plateau,Leyndell and Nokron put together.

That is just ridiculous.Its basically Elden Ring 2 at this point.

He also said each dungeon is extremely varied this time around and each of them are unique.

Last edited:

tmlDan

i was already tired when playing the main game cause it was too long, i think i'll skip this for now. I'm tired of this formula.

Codes 208

AgtJake who's a big souls lore youtuber and has over 1000 hours in Elden Ring said that even though the map is size wise "only" as big as Limgrave,it is so dense and so insane in the amount of verticality,dungeons and intricate areas you explore that if you take it and lay it down just horizontally as a whole it's about as big as Limgrave,Liurnia,Caelid,Altus Plateau,Leyndell and Nokron put together.

He also said each dungeon is extremely varied this time around and each of them are unique.
Stop, i can only get so hyped

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Seems like this will lock out a lot of players, as you need to beat a couple of later, harder bosses. I would like to buy this but I never got far enough to allow me to play it. ....and it seems like this is even harder.....oh well.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Seems like this will lock out a lot of players, as you need to beat a couple of later, harder bosses. I would like to buy this but I never got far enough to allow me to play it. ....and it seems like this is even harder.....oh well.
Just like all FROM's expansion, they are significantly harder than the based game, this for people who played and put time in to the baed game.

Codes 208

Funny enough Mohg is actually close to a very well known runes farming area

Theres a shortcut of getting there too. That guy at the veeerry beginning, (the “what, no maidens??” Guy) follow his questline until you get the medallion that teleoports you to mohg’s dynasty. This skips like half the game’s length of getting there

Codes 208

Just like all FROM's expansion, they are significantly harder than the based game, this for people who played and put time in to the baed game.
This is also true. Three of From’s hardest bosses come from dlc (Gael, Orphan of Kos, Ludwig)

Also dark souls 2, but thats a different can of bullshit difficulty

Caio

Ok, now I'm totally owned, can't freaking wait ! Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

Bartski

Gold Member
I entered this world with a Level 713 character, the maximum level of power attained over two years and hundreds of hours. The first enemy I fought was a man wearing nothing but underwear. I hit him with my most powerful attack, and he barely flinched. He punched me twice (hand-to-hand arts are just one of eight new weapon types), and I died.

GIF by Giphy QA

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
The hand-to-hand combat emphasis has to be one of the more intriguing aspects of the DLC.
I can see myself going full Fists Only. I've done Beastclaw low-level Bloodborne and that was fantastic with the full beast set and transformation combo. Literally manhandling Ludwig at level 14. LMFAO.

The hand-to-hand in the Elden Ring DLC looks 10 times better, just by looking at it. It seems like they put some time into it. I think I saw some crazy stuff going on, like backflips or something. I also remember seeing someone ride through the air like they were on some silver surfer type-shit. :messenger_loudly_crying:

This is going to riot.

This actually sounds pretty good. I like Elden Ring OK, it's not up to par to older games to me due to the open world aspects, but hearing that it has a more tightly designed area could be really appealing for me. Surprised it's so massive though in terms of content.

geary

I saw multiple review saying you can finish the DLC at regular pacing at ~35-40 hours. If you explore and take your time you reach 45-50 hours.

Top Bottom