• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered Trailer - Oct 31st - PS4/5 | Xbox One/Series | Switch | Steam

nial

I thought this was already available on PS4? Nice to see more old Grasshopper games on modern platforms, though. Hana to Taiyou to Ame to when?

SenkiDala

Well, why not, new way to play old games is always cool.

But I dunno why I never liked a game from Suda 51, I bought almost all of them, mostly on day one, filled with hype, and always ended up dissapointed. Bad chara design, average graphics, bad gameplay : that's what I felt through all his games.

tommib

24.99. Perfect pricing. Done.
U7nmelu.jpeg

Doczu

Well, why not, new way to play old games is always cool.

But I dunno why I never liked a game from Suda 51, I bought almost all of them, mostly on day one, filled with hype, and always ended up dissapointed. Bad chara design, average graphics, bad gameplay : that's what I felt through all his games.
The games are always janky, sometimes undercooked but have a lot of soul and personality. You can't find anything like them and that is a selling point for some

Mr Hyde

That trailer was wild. Got my juices flowing. Too bad LRG is handling the physical release.

Insane trailer by the way. Like something from Gaspar Noe. Thank god for Grasshoper.

Badass punk creatives.

Yeah, it definitely reminded me of Noe and how his movie trailers are being edited and marketed.

near

Gold Member
$25 is great price point. I remember this being cool, it’s flawed but enjoyable. I’ll get it at some point.

phant0m

Played this at PAX East a few months back. Level design is still very much of its time but overall game is still fun and holds up.

Nice to see it at a reasonable price too considering all the $40/50 remasters we see these days

SenkiDala

The games are always janky, sometimes undercooked but have a lot of soul and personality. You can't find anything like them and that is a selling point for some
That's true it has a lot of personality I admit that. But just it never "clicked" for me, I just feel it is always average. That is a matter of taste, for exemple there is another man "like him", it's SWERY, his games are also... very unique, not for everyone, but in that case I loved everything that SWERY has done.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
So LRG is handling the physical release... they seem to be getting most of the releases I'm interested in lately and that kinda sucks. Let's hope LRG's sister company Super Deluxe will do a Japanese release.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
One of my fav Suda games and my very first plat.

But Ill wait until reviews are out. I simply dont believe this will release with every single piece of vulgarity intact from the original.

Im assuming some balls will be cut. Just like what's happening with Lollipop.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
So LRG is handling the physical release... they seem to be getting most of the releases I'm interested in lately and that kinda sucks. Let's hope LRG's sister company Super Deluxe will do a Japanese release.
Isn't there suppose to be a European branch already? Super Deluxe is there Japanese branch (sort of) right?

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Isn't there suppose to be a European branch already? Super Deluxe is there Japanese branch (sort of) right?
I wish, but no. As for Super Deluxe, yeah, it's a joint venture between LRG and a Japanese localization company and they handle physical distribution of certain LRG releases. You can order most of their stuff from Amazon JP and they're usually cheaper than LRG (at least that's the case for me).

price is definitely right. & good trailer, tho not quite as effective as 3 minutes of fingernails on a chalkboard would've been...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Info about the physical release is up:
  • Standard Edition $25;
  • Collector's Edition $199.

GTbXBzWXIAAGWob

iytzAZE.png

This is so bizarre, how come this is priced so competitively both physically and digitally, while that lollipop chainsaw remaster is 50 bucks. Doesn't make any sense why that one is almost twice the price of this one, it's not like that was a better game or anything.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Since I have a few minutes before we release the Direct (ON TIME!) and I can finally go and die of a heart attack, I thought I'd answer a few questions we've been getting:
1: NOTHING from the original version will be censored in SotD:HR;
2: Steam apparently doesn't allow pre-orders till 3 weeks before release, so pre-orders for PC will start in early October;
3: Apart from the Switch version, the game will run at 60fps;
4: The entire original soundtrack is intact;
5: Paula will not date you
Hope this clears a few things up!⛰️

Top Bottom