• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Expected, honestly. Cumberbatch simply has too much on his plate this year, between Hamlet and Dr. Strange.

We're getting towards the time where they'd have to start filming if they wanted it out at the start of next year. Showing the episodes over the New Years period has worked incredibly well for them in the past, so even if they had them ready for the middle of next year, I'd be unsurprised if they simply kept them on the shelf until the New Year anyway.

Doctor Strange is scheduled to start filming this fall so I'm surprised Ben sounds so optimistic about them filming early next year, despite Strange being shot in London.

Ah well, whatever happens, happens.

I have other stuff to keep my occupied in the meantime.

AndyB1974

Moffat confirmed tonight at the Bafta's that S4 filming starts spring 2016.

image15j0r2y.jpg

The gap between series 1 and series 2 was 1 year (and a little bit).
The gap between series 2 and series 3 was 2 years.
The gap between series 3 and series 4....3 years?

2017. ;_;

So there's that tweet from BBC regarding what The Moff said at the BAFTAS and then today was this tweet from Douglas Mackinnon...

At least it's two so far but I'll keep myself in check.

Mendrox

The gap between series 1 and series 2 was 1 year (and a little bit).
The gap between series 2 and series 3 was 2 years.
The gap between series 3 and series 4....3 years?

2017. ;_;

God I know that good things take time, but Sherlock is just too good. I am so glad that these are 90 minute episodes, but some specials here and there would be godly (like Christmas special)

pigeon

Banned
I woke up this morning having figured out the start of the next series in my dream.

The obvious thing to assume is that it's all faked -- Mycroft and Lady Smallwood deliberately faked Moriarty's return in order to justify not sending Sherlock to Eastern Europe to die. It seems impossible to imagine that Moriarty is still alive after shooting himself in front of Sherlock, so presumably it must've been faked. But this is so obvious that I don't think it can really be the answer, and it doesn't loop in Mycroft's cryptic comment about the "other one."

The suggestion of that comment is that there's a third Holmes besides Mycroft and Sherlock -- the Sherrinford theory.

But what if the third Holmes brother is...Jim Moriarty?

We already know that Mycroft helped Sherlock fake his own death. But we only have Mycroft's word for what passed between him and Moriarty. What if Mycroft also helped Moriarty fake his death on that rooftop? It's not impossible to imagine him surviving if he came there intending to fake his own death with support from Mycroft.

Mycroft knows they're all brothers. What do you do when your siblings fight? Tell them both you're on their side, redirect them, get them to forget about each other. Help them both...but only kind of.

Or I could have been delirious when waking up. Your call!

AndyB1974

Gatiss just tweeted:

imagegfyxsh.jpg

Also, it's the Sherlock panel at SDCC tomorrow with Moffat, Sue Vertue and Rupert Graves, 3.45pm San Diego time. And a Nerd HQ panel friday 10am, which I believe is being live streamed on IGN's Youtube channel.

Just waiting to see what will be going on at the panel tomorrow.

Also, Rupert will have a disguise for SDCC so I do wonder what it'll be this year as Matt Smith walked around in his Bart Simpson mask last year.

Platy

Gatiss just tweeted:

imagegfyxsh.jpg

Also, it's the Sherlock panel at SDCC tomorrow with Moffat, Sue Vertue and Rupert Graves, 3.45pm San Diego time. And a Nerd HQ panel friday 10am, which I believe is being live streamed on IGN's Youtube channel.

So ... how much left to midnight uk time ?

Dice//

Banned
Interesting promo picture. Still not sure how I feel about this time traveling thing :p

Edit: Why I am I always top of the bloody page? Here, have an amusing gif.

klZhIwl.gif

I'd love if one of the hundred Sherlock adaptions finally dipped into a homoerotic ending. :p

Top Bottom