• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
sUh3tOL.png

This is god damn amazing.

berzeli

Banned
oh my goddddddd

Period piece?!

That image screams of Moffat/Gatiss trolling. Didn't they do the same thing with the deerstalker in series 2 only to use it as a throwaway gag?

I would love them to do a period piece, I just find it unlikely. But hey, official confirmation of more Sherlock is always good news.

Kathian

Banned
That image screams of Moffat/Gatiss trolling. Didn't they do the same thing with the deerstalker in series 2 only to use it as a throwaway gag?

I would love them to do a period piece, I just find it unlikely. But hey, official confirmation of more Sherlock is always good news.

I think they'll be going to a party and as is tradition with Sherlock it'll be a few minutes then onto a new location/time.

Mariolee

What is even going on right now? New Sherlock look, new Jurassic Park trailer, and a new Star Wars trailer.

I am truly thankful.

I'd ruddy love a direct adaption of a Holmes story with Benny and Marty.

We're probably being trolled by what they'll look like at some society fancy dress ball, but I'll continue to dream.

Seems many of the main cast were on hand for the read-through of the special (save for Loo Brealey as she's currently in Australia, though Una Stubbs read her part). Amanda Abbington via twitter also confirmed that aside from herself, Rupert Graves was also there (as he has just come back from filming in Ireland).

So, we have the main cast, in addition to Mary, being a part of the special. Sweet.

Oh and here are Amanda's tweets, just in case:

https://twitter.com/CHIMPSINSOCKS/status/537379842531278850

https://twitter.com/CHIMPSINSOCKS/status/537568856798429184

On another note, I received my copy of the Sherlock: Chronicles book but had to send it back due to book damage. They're sending me a replacement (I sent back my original copy) but Asendia (the shipping service) sucks balls...

berzeli

Banned
Seems many of the main cast were on hand for the read-through of the special (save for Loo Brealey as she's currently in Australia, though Una Stubbs read her part). Amanda Abbington via twitter also confirmed that aside from herself, Rupert Graves was also there (as he has just come back from filming in Ireland).

So, we have the main cast, in addition to Mary, being a part of the special. Sweet.

Oh and here are Amanda's tweets, just in case:

https://twitter.com/CHIMPSINSOCKS/status/537379842531278850

https://twitter.com/CHIMPSINSOCKS/status/537568856798429184

On another note, I received my copy of the Sherlock: Chronicles book but had to send it back due to book damage. They're sending me a replacement (I sent back my original copy) but Asendia (the shipping service) sucks balls...

She also tweeted this:

ya3HFKx.png

Which could be significant, or not significant at all. Let the speculation run rampant!

She also tweeted this:

ya3HFKx.png

Which could be significant, or not significant at all. Let the speculation run rampant!

If anything, both she and Mark troll twitter rather well I think. Loo and Lara have their fun on twitter as well while Rupert is actually a straight shooter for the most part on his own twitter.

berzeli

Banned
If anything, both she and Mark troll twitter rather well I think. Loo and Lara have their fun on twitter as well while Rupert is actually a straight shooter for the most part on his own twitter.

Gatiss is the worst. The worst.

I'm honestly a bit surprised that the only thing we've gotten from his is mild wit with regards to the photoshop blunder.

Hmmm...I wonder if Andrew Scott's casting in SPECTRE, the new James Bond film (which is now a must-see for me) is tell on his involvement or lack thereof in Season 4.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just wanted to chime in and say i just started watching this on Netflix and hot damn is it good. Ill be all caught up with everything if i watch the 3 seasons on there?

Kater

Banned
I tried to watch Sherlock sometime ago but it didn't really grab me at my first try. Now that I rewatched the full first season paying full attention to the whole plot I fell in love hard.

The cliffhanger in
* "The Great Game" was really cruel, that's my only complaint about the series.

*(possibly a spoiler)

Filming for the Christmas special starts on Tuesday.

We don't know when Series 4 proper starts filming, but between Benedict's run in Hamlet and Doctor Strange, I'd be very surprised if it were done before the end of the year.

Quick

Banned

We don't know when Series 4 proper starts filming, but between Benedict's run in Hamlet and Doctor Strange, I'd be very surprised if it were done before the end of the year.

Just for fun: Sherlock Series 1 is five years old this July.

Five years.

I was convinced he scheduled Hamlet when he did so he could film series 4 either right before or right after the run.

I was convinced he scheduled Hamlet when he did so he could film series 4 either right before or right after the run.
Hamlet starts its run in July, and there'll be weeks and weeks of rehearsals beforehand. It'll be impossible to film the special and the series before then. With Dr Strange coming out November next year, he probably won't have the chance to have an uninterrupted filming schedule inbetween the two jobs.

The only hope is that the series films either side of his Hamlet commitments.

Perused tumblr and twitter for setlock pics today, strangely getting excited though it'll be a while before stuff is actually filming for S4 lol.

Christmas "Did You Miss Me Special?" 2015
Series 4 January 2017

That's my thinking anyways.

I'd be outright surprised if this wasn't the case.

I suspect if they really pushed they could have series 4 ready for next Summer, but the show has done so astonishingly well in January that they'll just stick it on the shelf.

This was one of the reasons why I didn't want BC to be Dr. Strange, as it delays Sherlock filming. But eh... it is what it is really.
As much as I love Sherlock... the world isn't right until Benedict Cumberbatch is a household name. Marvel will get him part of the way there. Given I now have little doubt they can take any of their properties and turn it into a hit. He'll be playing Strange for a long time methinks.

As much as I love Sherlock... the world isn't right until Benedict Cumberbatch is a household name. Marvel will get him part of the way there. Given I now have little doubt they can take any of their properties and turn it into a hit. He'll be playing Strange for a long time methinks.

Well my other reasoning was that I had other people in mind for Strange (I'd have loved Alexander Siddig as Strange funny enough, as well as a few others) but I have no doubts that he'll be involved with Marvel for a while.

I remain convinced that the Victorian stuff is just a distraction, and we're going to get some answers to the Moriarty cliffhanger come Christmas.

Ogni-XR21

I remain convinced that the Victorian stuff is just a distraction, and we're going to get some answers to the Moriarty cliffhanger come Christmas.

I'm thinking it's rather the other way, sticking to the victorian stuff is a way to avoid dealing with the Moriarty stuff before a new proper season.

I'm thinking it's rather the other way, sticking to the victorian stuff is a way to avoid dealing with the Moriarty stuff before a new proper season.

ding, ding, ding.

Though, IF this is a one-off non-canon thing, hopefully we get some Moriarty/Andrew Scott action since it doesn't have to adhere to what's currently going on in the series.

Costumes look great so far for the special, love that they really are doing a Victorian-themed episode.

Thank you tumblr for aggregating all the setlock photos once again.

Just to put the final nail in the coffin for Series 4:
I don't think it's a risk because of Marvel. Marvel is a stable of bringing out ordinary comic characters and turning them into screen-like gods. It's very different, it's an Astral Plane. There's a huge new element to this Marvel universe that's going to be employed in building this story and this character. But you know, I'm really excited about it, about working with Scott [Derrickson] whose imagination is endless, and all the boys and girls at Marvel who know what they're doing. I've got a few things to get under my belt first. I've got to do that little stage production of "Hamlet" in the summer and the Christmas special of "Sherlock," which we start shooting in about three days' time – Whoops! Yeah, that's there.

Benedict Cumberbatch on the Spirituality of Doctor Strange, the Beauty of Alan Turing and the Bile of Richard III

Filming has moved to Bath, starting in February. Seems they're going all out for this special, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Looking forward to the next bit of Setlock.

Top Bottom