• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

Spoiler pics!

I will not click. I will not click. I will not click. Four more days. I can do this!

sAhoGpE.gif

Huuuuuuuuugeeeee spoilers.

I only saw the first one, which I
could have figured might happen from having read the books
, but shiiieeeetttttttt. Luckily it's the only one I saw.

Spoiler pics!

I will not click. I will not click. I will not click. Four more days. I can do this!

sAhoGpE.gif

Not really, IMHO. established canon.

Like raindoc said, the pics themselves are not terribly spoilery since it's all canon stuff but again, if you haven't seen any of the setlock pics during the filming of Season 3 then up to you to decide if you want to look at them or not.

I thought the posted pics were fine since they're official stuff from the BBC and are canon.

Like raindoc said, the pics themselves are not terribly spoilery since it's all canon stuff but again, if you haven't seen any of the setlock pics during the filming of Season 3 then up to you to decide if you want to look at them or not.

I thought the posted pics were fine since they're official stuff from the BBC and are canon.

Okay I clicked and you are right, not spoilery for those who've read the canon. Whew.

Wait a tic though.

On the picture of the new ahem, antagonist...The caption doesn't read
Charles Augustus Milverton
?! WTF

Edit:
I guess they just changed the name a bit? Eh. Okay.

Okay I clicked and you are right, not spoilery for those who've read the canon. Whew.

Wait a tic though.

On the picture of the new ahem, antagonist...The caption doesn't read
Charles Augustus Milverton
?! WTF

Edit:
I guess they just changed the name a bit? Eh. Okay.

Told you.

I think they changed the name to fit more with the actor's Danish roots a while back when they announced him. Personally, it's fine with me since this is an adaptation after all.

Told you.

I think they changed the name to fit more with the actor's Danish roots a while back when they announced him. Personally, it's fine with me since this is an adaptation after all.

Yeah that works, I just remember being super excited when they announced it felt slightly betrayed for a moment. OVER IT.

Yeah that works, I just remember being super excited when they announced it felt slightly betrayed for a moment. OVER IT.

Heh, the initials are still the same so that's all that matters. :)

Rewatching everything this weekend, though I'll probably listen to commentary while watching. Will be fun.

Really excited to see
Moran
make his appearance on the show.

(Note: While that is not a spoiler, unless you read the books, for those of you that want to go into this "blind" and aren't familiar with the stories
DO NOT LOOK UP WHO MORAN IS
)

Really excited to see
Moran
make his appearance on the show.

(Note: While that is not a spoiler, unless you read the books, for those of you that want to go into this "blind" and aren't familiar with the stories
DO NOT LOOK UP WHO MORAN IS)

I've been spoilering his name every time just in case. I figure anything that hasn't been mentioned/aired on the show is a spoiler.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Rewatching this in between episode of Doctor Who with the missus, we both agree on one thing. It's Cumberbatch who gets all the attention, but we like Freeman's Watson much better.

Rewatching this in between episode of Doctor Who with the missus, we both agree on one thing. It's Cumberbatch who gets all the attention, but we like Freeman's Watson much better.

I often say I think he's the best actor on the show. He's amazing. And while Cumberbatch does a great job too, Freeman constantly outclasses him.

Cumberbatch is prettier though :p

WanderingWind

I often say I think he's the best actor on the show. He's amazing. And while Cumberbatch does a great job too, Freeman constantly outclasses him.

Cumberbatch is prettier though :p

I didn't want to say it, because I didn't want to shit up a swell thread with my first post, but I agree. Well, with the Freeman being the better actor. He's Watson and he's Bilbo and he's Oliver. With Cumberbatch, while he does a fantastic job at what he does, I see Sherlock, Sherlock in Space and coming soon, Sherlock fighting Nazis with his brain. Again, he does great at the thing he does, but all in all, Freeman is better.

They do have the best Brit Bromance this side of Frost/Pegg though

I didn't want to say it, because I didn't want to shit up a swell thread with my first post, but I agree. Well, with the Freeman being the better actor. He's Watson and he's Bilbo and he's Oliver. With Cumberbatch, while he does a fantastic job at what he does, I see Sherlock, Sherlock in Space and coming soon, Sherlock fighting Nazis with his brain. Again, he does great at the thing he does, but all in all, Freeman is better.

They really do. And he does incredibly I think at the role of Sherlock, but Freeman is so much more subtle and nuanced.

Freeman may be the better actor (I don't know though) but Cumberbatch steals the show.

He so does. Just has a presence that absorbs everything.

DoctorWhoSpoilers.jpg

Im not clicking on anything. Im outta here until 1st ep is aired. :D

Here have a gif:

5DKCB.gif

Several of us have been trying to be very careful with canon knowledge in the thread, so you really don't have anything to worry about :)

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

While he will get typecast in Sherlock-esque roles, but Cumberbatch is extremely skilled too. In little-known BBC show Parade's End he played the antithesis of Sherlock - awkward, rigid, proper - and nailed it.

wilsham

Neo Member
He was great in parades end. I loved that series. I also saw him live playing Frankenstein and he was fantastic. He's a great actor I think, so is martin freeman.

Still need to watch my copy of Parade's End but I do think that BC is a solid actor - he was great in Frankenstein.

Martin's fantastic too, though to me, he'll always be the one actor in Love Actually to me.

The entire cast is quite solid, so I'm quite glad of the actors assembled for this show.

WanderingWind

While he will get typecast in Sherlock-esque roles, but Cumberbatch is extremely skilled too. In little-known BBC show Parade's End he played the antithesis of Sherlock - awkward, rigid, proper - and nailed it.

I'll have to check that out, thanks.

Jace Lacob said:
Just watched #Sherlock:
The Empty Hearse.
Absolutely genius; full of humor and dazzling wit.

The resolution is very satisfying, while also articulating the notion that no solution can ever please everyone. (And, no, there’s nothing on earth that could compel me to spoil that resolution. All I will say is that the episode is worth the wait.)
A few thoughts on the first episode.

Leeness

have you tried it yet?

I just watched the mini-ep. suffering from an almost fictional craving now.

Update on proxy stuff...

Used that link to put mediahint on my iPad... I have iplayer and a subscription....

Now what...? Lol. I don't really get it :( where would this "watch live" button be if I had it?

Spoiler free review from Sherlockology.

"The Empty Hearse is infused with uproarious comedy, wicked and knowing writing, huge surprises, lovely in-jokes and thrilling action, all while taking us to places in London we haven't been before onscreen in the series. But it is also hugely concerned with the instant that Sherlock Holmes and John Watson come face to face with each other again, and in that singular spine chilling moment, a scene that effortlessly shifts tone in seconds thanks to the sterling performances of the two leading actors, it certainly does not disappoint."

Oh God... If I may borrow one of Fiction's gifs...

sAhoGpE.gif

"The Empty Hearse is infused with uproarious comedy, wicked and knowing writing, huge surprises, lovely in-jokes and thrilling action, all while taking us to places in London we haven't been before onscreen in the series. But it is also hugely concerned with the instant that Sherlock Holmes and John Watson come face to face with each other again, and in that singular spine chilling moment, a scene that effortlessly shifts tone in seconds thanks to the sterling performances of the two leading actors, it certainly does not disappoint."

sAhoGpE.gif

Allow me to supply more Supernatural themed GIFs that seem appropriate for that review:

cgdP4Mp.gif

w17fJ9M.gif

sq63lKn.gif

04ZiEzP.gif

9NC07oV.gif

EDIT: Seriously, has it really been two years since series 2 premiered? It feels both longer and not that long. But the wait is almost over. GET HYPED, PEOPLE!

sAhoGpE.gif

Oh my GOD I'm going to explode. Also, whatever dialog is happening in the the third photo of that DigitalSpy link is going to be fantastic.

Prompto

Banned

sAhoGpE.gif
tumblr_mde2b0Wx9S1raewdpo1_400.gif

The wait until Wednesday is going to feel longer to me than the past two years.

So I'm watching the show from the beginning. Is there ever resolution to the first season cliffhanger? Since the next season's first ep. Doesn't seem to shed any light.

So I'm watching the show from the beginning. Is there ever resolution to the first season cliffhanger? Since the next season's first ep. Doesn't seem to shed any light.

They resolve it within moments of the second series starting. I personally thought the resolution to the series 1 cliffhanger was hilarious. It was all about the ringtone.

Update on proxy stuff...

Used that link to put mediahint on my iPad... I have iplayer and a subscription....

Now what...? Lol. I don't really get it :( where would this "watch live" button be if I had it?

Not sure where you need a subscription for, but you should have two options. Either go to the episode when it just is going to air and there should be the option to watch it live. Or, you could wait an hour or so and you should just be able to download the episode after it aired, which is what I do.

EDIT: I don't have used the iPad app, but I assume it works the same.

EDIT 2: Apparently you can also use the channels, and if it is on a program that is allowed to be streamed online it has watch live for me. So cycle through the channels, see if you get something.

If I am in the UK, I can watch on I iPlayer without any issues right?

Should be able to, as long as you have a TV licence. You still can watch it without, but you might get a letter saying "Hey you've been watching TV without a licence, stop or pay pls". Unless you mean non-live in which case you're good.

*was very recently a student and as such knows this stuff*

They resolve it within moments of the second series starting. I personally thought the resolution to the series 1 cliffhanger was hilarious. It was all about the ringtone.

Dude, the BeeGees are the greatest thing ever. I love that you can now identify a Sherlock fan by how/when that plays in public.

sAhoGpE.gif

giphy.gif

Top Bottom