• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Series 3 |OT| - THE Source for Fiction’s Cheekbone Fetish

fireside

T46oK1y.png

For real? So... What song did you pick?

She Blinded Me With Science

Lol ooooh the app was all YOU SHOULD GET A SUBSCRIPTION. I got bamboozled haha. Ah well, only $9 and then I can cancel it.

I hope they'll have it up after it airs. When I looked, they only had season 1 on the app :/

It might be a subscription to use iplayer on mobile devices or something. I think I even had it working on the PS3 though. Wouldn't worry too much about it not being up after it airs, they usually remove stuff after a few weeks. I'd say try and see whether you can go to a channel and get a watch live option. Or if that time is inconvenient, see if you can select something recent and watch it (Doctor Who or something).

Oh, I found this:

Get the best of British TV all in one handy app - on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch! http://itunes.apple.com/us/...

Download the free app today with taster clips and episodes! Subscribe for unlimited access - even when you're offline, and watch a selection of the best classic and contemporary British shows on demand.

The BBC iPlayer app is currently available in the following countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. Please note, not all programming is available in all countries.

I assume that whole Mediahint thing is not working and this is their way to let international watchers see the shows. So I suppose you are doing everything the normal way and there should not really be any problem.

Leeness

It might be a subscription to use iplayer on mobile devices or something. I think I even had it working on the PS3 though. Wouldn't worry too much about it not being up after it airs, they usually remove stuff after a few weeks. I'd say try and see whether you can go to a channel and get a watch live option. Or if that time is inconvenient, see if you can select something recent and watch it (Doctor Who or something).

Oh, I found this:

I assume that whole Mediahint thing is not working and this is their way to let international watchers see the shows. So I suppose you are doing everything the normal way and there should not really be any problem.

I don't think I get channel options... The bottom has like "A-Z", "Genre" and a few other options but I don't think channel.

I guess if it goes up after it airs, then whatever. Haha.

I really have no clue how any of this works but as long as I can watch Sherlock ASAP, then I'm a happy girl.

Re-watching the first season of Sherlock: man does Benedict Cumberbatch look young!

Go back and watch the unaired pilot to have your mind blown even further.

And for even more fun? Just know that the shooting schedule for S1 was: The Great Game -> The Blind Banker -> A Study in Pink.

NeoGiff

So let's settle the debate.

belgravia-sherlock-anjsr1s.png

Did Sherlock smang or not?

Though, perhaps the question should be

Did Irene smang or not?

Twice.

First time posting in this thread, by the way. I'm a bit of a newcomer, just finished rewatching both seasons for the second time today after only watching them for the first time a few weeks ago! It's safe to say that I'm Sherlocked.

Ogni-XR21

I don't think I get channel options... The bottom has like "A-Z", "Genre" and a few other options but I don't think channel.

I really have no clue how any of this works but as long as I can watch Sherlock ASAP, then I'm a happy girl.

I have no idea how this works (haven't tried it myself) but this

Download the free app today with taster clips and episodes! Subscribe for unlimited access - even when you're offline, and watch a selection of the best classic and contemporary British shows on demand.

could also mean choosing from a few select offerings. Meaning by no way offering something just because it aired in the UK.

The license for TV-shows are often in the hands of different companies/stations for each country (like PBS in the US, ARD for Germany) and they often don't allow stuff to just be available if you are not from the UK.

LordCanti

I'd say a VPN and then watching the tape right after it airs is probably the best way to go for international viewers. I've tried the live option through iPlayer and the quality wasn't fantastic, but once it's a video, it should be fine.

I wonder what the chances of it leaking early are.

Twice.

First time posting in this thread, by the way. I'm a bit of a newcomer, just finished rewatching both seasons for the second time today after only watching them for the first time a few weeks ago! It's safe to say that I'm Sherlocked.

Wow you've had a short wait for new episodes haven't you? Lucky bastard.

Leeness

I have no idea how this works (haven't tried it myself) but this

could also mean choosing from a few select offerings. Meaning by no way offering something just because it aired in the UK.

The license for TV-shows are often in the hands of different companies/stations for each country (like PBS in the US, ARD for Germany) and they often don't allow stuff to just be available if you are not from the UK.

Hmm... :(

I'd say a VPN and then watching the tape right after it airs is probably the best way to go for international viewers. I've tried the live option through iPlayer and the quality wasn't fantastic, but once it's a video, it should be fine.

I wonder what the chances of it leaking early are.

And how do I accomplish this? Lol.

I'm seriously clueless as fuck about this. I learned what VPN stood for last night and that I have to pay money for them :(

I got Sherlock on the quiz too, you guys just missed me mentioning it >.<

It makes sense. I'd be a super fucking nice Sherlock, but I think the 'forgetting to eat' question got me pegged that. I had a friend who called herself my Watson, since I get so obsessed with stuff that I'll forget to do things like eat and sleep, and she reminded me >.<

LordCanti

Hmm... :(

And how do I accomplish this? Lol.

I'm seriously clueless as fuck about this. I learned what VPN stood for last night and that I have to pay money for them :(

The VPN service I have has a little program you launch that does all the configuration automatically. You select "UK - London" and with a click you're able to access the iPlayer, which has a live viewing function.

There are certainly easier ways to watch Sherlock right after it airs, but none that carry the same level of grey-area legality as a VPN (or a proxy).

Yep! I'll be joining you all in the excruciating wait for season 4 in just a few weeks, though...

It hurts already.

I got Sherlock on the quiz too, you guys just missed me mentioning it >.<

It makes sense. I'd be a super fucking nice Sherlock, but I think the 'forgetting to eat' question got me pegged that. I had a friend who called herself my Watson, since I get so obsessed with stuff that I'll forget to do things like eat and sleep, and she reminded me >.<

Guess we did, though it seems that the ratio is now 7:6 I think - have to go back and check.

And well, guess the best way to prove that your friend is your Watson is if she takes the quiz too. :p

Leeness

The VPN service I have has a little program you launch that does all the configuration automatically. You select "UK - London" and with a click you're able to access the iPlayer, which has a live viewing function.

There are certainly easier ways to watch Sherlock right after it airs, but none that carry the same level of grey-area legality as a VPN (or a proxy).

I wish I had your VPN on my iPad :p

As is...maybe it just won't work at all and I'll have to wait for a computer to use one of those easier ways. :(

Edit: Also, I got Mrs. Hudson on that quiz :3

LordCanti

I wish I had your VPN on my iPad :p

As is...maybe it just won't work at all and I'll have to wait for a computer to use one of those easier ways. :(

Edit: Also, I got Mrs. Hudson on that quiz :3

iPad can do VPN's just fine. Settings -> General -> VPN. You'd have to manually input the settings though.

I have no idea if the iPlayer app can do live streaming to the iPad anyway, so obviously you'd need to check that out first.

Leeness

iPad can do VPN's just fine. Settings -> General -> VPN. You'd have to manually input the settings though.

I have no idea if the iPlayer app can do live streaming to the iPad anyway, so obviously you'd need to check that out first.

I don't have a VPN though without buying one or something. Haha.

It looks like it could, but I can never find it...haha. :(

The thing that is creating so much confusion is that you downloaded the app for worldwide viewers, which doesn't require any VPN or anything, but a subscription to watch the content that is on there.

I assume this is the app you have: BBC iPlayer (Global)

I have no clue whether Sherlock gets puts up on there after airing.

Now, the one where you need a VPN for is this one: BBC iPlayer

As you can see from the screenshots, that is the one we are talking about, as it has channels and probably a watch live option.

I have no clue about a free VPN, they are probably out there, or at least ones with a trial. Personally I use http://www.unblock-us.com/ and it has never given me a problem with the Iplayer website on the PC and PS3 and should also work easily on your iPad. It has a trial for two weeks if you want to see that works. At least you are going to have a backup if it doesn't show up in the BBC Global app.

So I'd say see if you want to bother activating that trial see if it works on your iPad and you can at least watch the episodes for two weeks on the normal Iplayer app. And after it has aired also see whether that Global app shows the episodes. After those two weeks, well, if the Global app works, it is fine, otherwise you need to find some other VPN. There isn't really much of an authorization though on the VPN, so you could probably just enter a different email or use it without having an account at all.

Got Watson, but I picked intentionally:

Donkey, You ve got a friend, Pop to the pub, Hot Fuzz, Psychosomatic, Just a fish maybe, John Smith.

Got Sherlock on my first try.
Pretty hyped for the new season, watching season 2s finale again tomorrow with a huge hangover.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They could've been a little more subtle than "A Beautiful Mind".

Top Bottom