• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Godzilla gets extended run through October 27 + Makes over $1.5mil

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking for more serious-minded films in the series, it goes without saying that you should track down the original 1954 film and The Return of Godzilla. They all share the same setup (Godzilla on his own as a pure antagonistic force, focusing a lot on the human drama as they figure out how to respond to the threat), but go about it in their own ways. Those two are available on Blu-ray, though it needs to be said that the Criterion version of the original is the only way to go, as the other Blu-ray is a really crappy upscale of an older DVD.

Thanks for the responses!
Generally avoided Godzilla because most of my exposure was to the goofy Tokusatsu stuff, but the Criterion BD of the 1954 ver. sure looks tempting.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Meanwhile, In Europe.
6026528_orig.jpg

Machine

I'm glad I decided to click this thread. I didn't even realize it was playing in the US. There are two showings on Saturday at a local theater so I bought a ticket for one. This will be fun.

Nice. Having gotten back into Godzilla with 2014, I would see this if anywhere near but looking forward to the home release from Funimation. Including the English dub, which isn't quite the priority to me on live action as it is animation (where there is no one true voice as with live actors). But I saw a Funi dub of live action and that too was solid.

I know about much of what happens in this one and like what I've seen/heard. I like a variety of approaches, gotta mix the films up. Hedorah, GMK, 2014 being among my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom