• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei V has sold over 1.6 million units worldwide

Draugoth

Gold Member
Celebrating over 1.6M units sold worldwide for the Shin Megami Tensei V series… and counting.Thank you for the love and support for SMTV & SMTV: Vengeance!

GQegRQiX0AEEq3z

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I was worried about this one prior to playing; and even first few hours, but it’s well deserved.

I’ve played a variety of SMT games aside from persona, and this one is finally clicking. Persona 4&5 are goated for me. I hope this ends up being on that level.

If not, there’s always metaphor!

sigmaZ

Really feels like they got the balance right with this one. Anytime I get stuck on a boss I know exactly how I have to navigate to defeat them. Also helps that the battles are lightning fast and you can skip animations if you want. The music is fantastic as well.

Chechack

Was disgusted when this was announced,still bought deluxe day 1 since im a hardcore SMT fan.

Cant deny this game is great tho

It has to be less than half a million for SMTV:V if this was 2 years ago on switch.
The JP SMT Twatter account posted SMTV:V did 500k in the first 3 days so your guess was pretty close

Now that's it's available on PS4/5 and Steam it will probably get a lot of sales from people who missed it on Switch plus I'm guessing some Switch people bought it on another platform to upgrade the hardware they are playing on LOL

Last edited:

amigastar

It has denuvo so it stopped probably some people pirating the game.
Yes, I`m convinced Denuvo stops piracy. I'm not saying Denuvo is good, though.

Robb

Gold Member
Doesn’t sound amazing but I assume that’s good relative to past games in the series (?) since they’re celebrating it.

Zathalus

It has denuvo so it stopped probably some people pirating the game.
Yes, I`m convinced Denuvo stops piracy. I'm not saying Denuvo is good, though.
I don’t think anyone disagrees that Denuvo stops piracy, as it obviously does, the question is if that translates into a meaningful increase in game sales. It seems unlikely that people used to pirating games would suddenly pivot to buying this specific game instead of pirating any of the thousands of other games they have access to.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Btw, you should play SMTVV for the OST alone. Some of the battle music is straight fire!

Draugoth Draugoth Feel free to add this information to your OP since I see lots of GAFers ITT doing guesswork on the actual SMTVV sales numbers.

SMTV series has sold over 1.6 million copies worldwide! In addition, SMTVV , released on June 14th, has sold over 500,000 copies worldwide in just three days! We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all of you for your patronage and support.

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Damn well deserved! I LOVED original SMTV on Switch but Vengeance is even better in every way.

In fact I would go as far as say this my favourite Atlus’s re-releases.

Question how long is the new content in comparison to the original?

I played the OG on Switch and I'm thinking of getting SMTVV on Steam

Fabieter

I don’t think anyone disagrees that Denuvo stops piracy, as it obviously does, the question is if that translates into a meaningful increase in game sales. It seems unlikely that people used to pirating games would suddenly pivot to buying this specific game instead of pirating any of the thousands of other games they have access to.

Fomo is also a thing as a pirate tho.

kyubajin

Did my part, bought the OG Switch release and now Vengeance for PS5. Hope they keep increasing the quality until it blows up in popularity like the Persona series.

PanzerCute

500k in 3 days is damn impressive for a SMT game. The whole SMT5 series should easily pass 2 millions in the next weeks.

Totally deserved, vanilla version was already amazing but Vengeance is even better.

Segatlus are on fire this year!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Mainline SMT games never sold this much, so this is great news for all the fans.

Awesome. I got it again on switch (got smt5 as a gift when it came out) .

Question. I never finished the first version was maybe 2-3 hours in and got distracted. Which path should I take, take the hand and help the girl or not?
Not sure if i go that route (take the hand is vengeance right? Going back to original content would feel lesser?

Top Bottom