• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shining Tears screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Old?

921281_20041011_screen001.jpg

921281_20041011_screen002.jpg

921281_20041011_screen003.jpg

921281_20041011_screen004.jpg

921281_20041011_screen005.jpg

921281_20041011_screen006.jpg

921281_20041011_screen007.jpg

921281_20041011_screen008.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Let's hope it plays as well as it looks... Between this and Ys 4, I'm finally gonna have some good action RPG action :D

belgurdo

Banned
Dram said:
Wow, a black guy in a rpg? Awesome.

People with dark skin and blonde/white hair have been in RPGs for ages. Actual black people though are a rarity (only Barret, Kiros, and Hauser from Suikoden II come to mind)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
belgurdo said:
People with dark skin and blonde/white hair have been in RPGs for ages. Actual black people though are a rarity (only Barret, Kiros, and Hauser from Suikoden II come to mind)

Harid from RS3, and one of the Sphere employees in SO3 are 2 others I can think of...

ferricide

this is a lot neater than i thought it was at TGS. i got a demo from the product manager today (this is why you see the coverage on IGN and such) and there's some cool stuff to this one. a nice hack 'n' slasher alternative to the snowblind-engine (and ripoff) stuff, with pleasant style (wish the characters weren't SD, but oh well. the character art and backdrops look great) and some solid character-building and other options. plus 2P if you want it, or 2 characters/1 player if you don't. kinda neato.

wonder why they handed out that line art? the illustration/original art is cooler IMO.

http://shining-tears.jp/chara/home.html

Shouta

I realllllly dislike the style of graphics used (Those ugly sprites that look like some gussied up Saga Frontier ones and the 2D backgrounds). I really like the character art/illustrations though. Hopefully the gameplay is good.

ferricide

Shouta said:
I realllllly dislike the style of graphics used (Those ugly sprites that look like some gussied up Saga Frontier ones and the 2D backgrounds). I really like the character art/illustrations though. Hopefully the gameplay is good.
IMO the backgrounds look very nice. much nicer than those screens convey.

I wished more games looked like this. I get an 'evolved snes style' vibe from it. What I imagined games of today would look like based from my perceptions of games on older hardware.

The SD look was fine back in the day when the resolution on home consoles was too low to convey the expressions on the characters on-screen, but not now...it just looks off, IMO, because the enemies aren't treated the same way (that I've seen). Unfortunately, it reminds me of Shining Wisdom...and I hated that game.

SaitoH

MightyHedgehog said:
The SD look was fine back in the day when the resolution on home consoles was too low to convey the expressions on the characters on-screen, but not now...it just looks off, IMO, because the enemies aren't treated the same way (that I've seen). Unfortunately, it reminds me of Shining Wisdom...and I hated that game.

Hopefully it will turn out a lot better than that game.

>_>

Shouta

I don't mind the 2D backgrounds, it's the combination of the sprites and backgrounds that is bothersome. It's fugggly together. If they did some better looking sprites, then there wouldn't be a problem.

The art posted above sucks ass. The art found on the official website is much better and seems to be drawn by the same person that did the official art for Ys VI: The Ark of Naphistim.

Is this a complete dungeon crawl like the Dark Alliance series, or does it have more story / exploration elements like Secret of Mana? I'm interested either way due to the 2 player support... but would be nice to get something similar to the latter.

Gee, Sega can't win. If Sega had not annouced this game for the USA market, people would say Sega sucks for not bringing this to the USA. Since they are bringing it to the USA, it's the graphics suck, and I hate super deformed. Poor Sega.

belgurdo

Banned
sonic4ever said:
Gee, Sega can't win. If Sega had not annouced this game for the USA market, people would say Sega sucks for not bringing this to the USA. Since they are bringing it to the USA, it's the graphics suck, and I hate super deformed. Poor Sega.

I hate "chibi" art in general. I'm a Sega nut otherwise, and will be getting this game, however

Top Bottom