• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

http://evilwithin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=434 (I hope mods will let this slide, I know linking other forums isn't particularly allowed, but as its related to the topic).

He asked said he had the PS3 version of the game, admin asked for proof, he posted the link to the pictures near the exact time the images popped up. Though if you know more, it'll make things interesting. -3-

Yep, the same ones. If you are a member there, could you please ask him to take a different screenshot and post it please?

Edit: It will be fun ;)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yep, the same ones. If you are a member there, could you please ask him to take a different screenshot and post it please?

Edit: It will be fun ;)

Oh my, may I be curious where they're from. I initially thought they might have been public, or taken by someone, but I did post there.

valentine71 from NeoGAF is claiming that the pictures you linked too aren't actually yours, and in case a big coincidence is asking you to post other pictures, because he knows where the pictures posted are from.

This discussion is happening on page 10-11 of this topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907502&page=10

I'm not a big fan of drama, but I am a fan of developments, and confirmation or not regardless.

antitrop

Wait, you have to burn bodies?

giphy.gif

Dusk Golem

Cool, thanks.

For those who have the game already, why do we need to burn bodies?

I don't have the game, but I played it for a couple hours at PAX (as in, I played the demo a few times). Enemies are like Shibito from Siren (in more ways than one), they will reanimate and keep on coming back to life after you kill them. Some will be 'killed', and then come back to life just moments later. Others will be killed and not come back for a couple minutes.

There is only three ways to kill a Haunted for good:
-Burn the body when its down (either as in dead down or you tripped them down before they get back up).
-Get a headshot (easier said than done, you have to basically completely shoot the head as bits and pieces of their face can be shot off with them keep on coming).
-Get a stealth kill.

Sometimes the Haunted will come back more aggressive when brought back from the dead.

I don't have the game, but I played it for a couple hours at PAX (as in, I played the demo a few times). Enemies are like Shibito from Siren (in more ways than one), they will reanimate and keep on coming back to life after you kill them. Some will be 'killed', and then come back to life just moments later. Others will be killed and not come back for a couple minutes.

-Burn the body when its down (either as in dead down or you tripped them down before they get back up).
-Get a headshot (easier said than done, you have to basically completely shoot the head as bits and pieces of their face can be shot off with them keep on coming).
-Get a stealth kill.

Sometimes the Haunted will come back more aggressive when brought back from the dead.

Thank you so much.

Dusk Golem

Does anybody know when GMG.com sends out keys?

Why does that link to iongeo(dot)com?

But GMG probably is going to send out keys this weekend, as that's a few days before release and when preloads on Steam are apparently likely going to go up (according to a Bethesda rep, says should be this weekend if no hitches).

Luminaire

-Get a stealth kill.

I didn't really play REmake (but I will when the HD version comes out), but is that similar to the whole crimsonheads thing? I wonder if we'll find bodies just laying there, that you need to burn but you know they're just waiting to pounce, kinda like Dead Space and stomping on every body I find...

Dusk Golem

I didn't really play REmake (but I will when the HD version comes out), but is that similar to the whole crimsonheads thing? I wonder if we'll find bodies just laying there, that you need to burn but you know they're just waiting to pounce, kinda like Dead Space and stomping on every body I find...

This is a thing from the demo. To make it better/worse, you have to make the call if the body is damaged enough it won't be coming back to life so you won't waste a match on it, or if the body is likely to come back and you should use a match. The game will literally let you burn any downed body, its your call. It'll even let you burn the body of an enemy you got a headshot/stealth kill on.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I was there day 1 for Devil May Cry 1, but GTA III was definitely my GOTY 2001. And I'm sure many would say MGS2, as well. What a year. That was my sophomore year of high school and it was a good time to be gaming.

That was the same time for me. I remember being one of the few people who picked DMC up day 1. I remember Babbages had a kiosk for DMC. My initial responses to people was that it did more than Dynasty Warriors because you could actually keep enemies suspended in the air with a combo.

You had a large year because MGS2 and SH2 were out and I was consistently heading to Babbages for more preorders. Eventually Dark Cloud and KH came out as well. We probably talked the most about GTAIII in the locker room during gym. I only knew 1 other person who bought it from what I remember. Vice City was in every single house that I visited though.

DMC kept the action sequence afloat. Onimusha was an option, but DMC started it off. Nothing could of touched that first time you saw Dante float from shooting his pistols mid screen.

Luminaire

This is a thing from the demo. To make it better/worse, you have to make the call if the body is damaged enough it won't be coming back to life so you won't waste a match on it, or if the body is likely to come back and you should use a match. The game will literally let you burn any downed body, its your call. It'll even let you burn the body of an enemy you got a headshot/stealth kill on.

Wow, that's awesome. Do you know if meleeing/unloading a few rounds into the head of a downed body might be enough? Seems like it might be a risk to run up and try to damage the head enough before it gets back up if I were low on matches. (If I seem super uninformed its because I've put myself on a mostly blackout.)

Dusk Golem

Wow, that's awesome. Do you know if meleeing/unloading a few rounds into the head of a downed body might be enough? Seems like it might be a risk to run up and try to damage the head enough before it gets back up if I were low on matches. (If I seem super uninformed its because I've put myself on a mostly blackout.)

Unloading a few rounds into the head of a downed enemy will count, you can get a headshot when its downed. Melee will not work, Sebastian's melee is near useless I should mention, mainly only good for breaking boxes/crates.

However, you reminded me there is a fourth way to perma-kill Haunted, which would be to find a weapon around the environment/from a downed enemy, like an axe or a torch, and use that as a melee weapon. It only has one use, so when you use it, it breaks. But you can axe an enemy straight through the head or torch them to save supplies.

Dusk Golem

When is the Jennifer Carpenter first DLC coming out? I need it.

Apparently in the early stages of development, so we'll probably not see it for a while. Juli is in the game, though.

The Fighting Chance pack just redownloaded for me on XBO - whatever that means...

Totally means you get two hunting shotguns.

I'm very curious if there's no hunting shotgun in the main game or the fighting chance pack just means you get it early. Whatever the case, not playing with the DLC the first time I play.

Gbraga

Apparently in the early stages of development, so we'll probably not see it for a while. Juli is in the game, though.

Well, that's fine by me. If the game is as good as it should be, I'll probably still be replaying it for quite a while anyway.

Azlan

The more I see of this game the more hopeful I am. I need to beat Shadow of Morodor within a week, otherwise there is a very real danger I will never go back and finish it.

Dusk Golem

I just realized, perfect chance for a gif train.

None of these gifs are by me, all from previous threads.

Non-spoiler gif train!

cwcncd.gif

evilwith1.gif.gif4qju0.gif

586e84.gif

iOfydvqNhvism.gif

ibmUykIVrJuqeL.gif

iFE4o0SPRhhSO.gif

uaotme.gif

yxvzno.gif

uavcyz.gif

tewi059pkvc.gif

onrqja.gif

tewmik03fgugr.gif

tewmik045vume.gif

tewmik05bzuao.gif

4ea644.gif

297b09.gif

evilwith.gif48x3u.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

corridor26sty.gif

146614.gif

derFeef

Totally means you get two hunting shotguns.

I'm very curious if there's no hunting shotgun in the main game or the fighting chance pack just means you get it early. Whatever the case, not playing with the DLC the first time I play.

I'll take everything I get. I am a wuss.

Draft

I can already feel that wonderful survival horror frustration of not just lining up the perfect headshot that doesn't instakill, but then nailing the panicy follow up shot that also doesn't instakill, then taking a hit from some monster that only has a quarter of head left, then finally finishing it off only to have it get back up as an even more powerful enemy!

Raptor

I can already feel that wonderful survival horror frustration of not just lining up the perfect headshot that doesn't instakill, but then nailing the panicy follow up shot that also doesn't instakill, then taking a hit from some monster that only has a quarter of head left, then finally finishing it off only to have it get back up as an even more powerful enemy!

That frustation sounds terrible for me lol, bulletsponge heads :(

Sadist

Ah, Mikami is back. :)

Gurish

Guys did they say for how long that 10% discount for Plus members will remain?
I'm afraid they gonna remove the discount today when the Store updates, should i go put the pre- order now before they remove it or do you think the discount will remain there until next week when the game comes out?

Dusk Golem

ERMAHGERD MY IPAD

LET IT TAKE IN THE EVIL WITHIN GLORY.

I'm afraid they gonna remove the discount today when the Store updates, should i go put the pre- order now before they remove it or do you think the discount will remain there until next week when the game comes out?

I believe the discount will go a bit before the game releases, but someone here may know more than I do on that.

Wouldn't surprise me if it goes away with the next store update.

Sorry to double post, but re-confirming, the guy on TEW forums has proven that he does in fact own the PS3 version of the game and re-proofed with new screens.

Yep, not with in game screenshots like he assumed which are his but by shitty mobile phone photos. Whatever, my point was the ones that was shared before wasn't his. Solidified my point.

Sorry to double post, but re-confirming, the guy on TEW forums has proven that he does in fact own the PS3 version of the game and re-proofed with new screens.

Leaked copy, retail copy (where's the case?) :D Nevermind just got caught up. Man... why do people have to lie about stuff. Crazy. It's just a videogame lol.

hwy_61

Banned
I'm probably going to play this on easy first, because,

1. I'm a big pussy

2. I want to enjoy it for its story on the first play through.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

Dusk Golem

He also provided some comments on the PS3 versions performance.

K to anwser the thread.

The graphics deffo do not look like anything in the trailers, there is popup like the cop car radio not having textures for me in the opening cutscene, moving is smooth.

Some bad darks, for a second I thought Juli's white shirt was soked through...

It's not too bad and deffo playable.

edit: framerate dips in the first cutscene

Also, Gameplay Tutorial Spoilers (no story or gameplay spoilers, images of the in-game tutorials): http://imgur.com/a/CvGUE

kodecraft

Dusk you're on fire today, all this new info and the new trailer are helping me with the launch on Tuesday. Can't wait!!

Dusk Golem

Dusk you're on fire today, all this new info and the new trailer are helping me with the launch on Tuesday. Can't wait!!

Yar, excited, I will not post anything too spoilery, but it's not from me regardless, I'm just reporting basically. It's interesting to know the game is in the wild now, though, but will be avoiding big spoilers. Bright side is the mods are very good on TEW of quickly marking unmarked spoilers and the dude posting these seems respectful and will mark spoilers.

kodecraft

I'm probably going to play this on easy first, because,

1. I'm a big pussy

2. I want to enjoy it for its story on the first play through.

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea?

Have you played Mikami's games before or you caught up in the hype?

Top Bottom