• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League |S4| I've just got to keep on drinking! - Robert James Gronkowski

Finished my mock, I'll probably make many edits throughout the day tomorrow. I believe I can position myself well enough to get Josh Gordon.

So what do we have planned for Hazing Floy? Must be an excellent mixture of Disrespect and Humor

You ain't shit Rando.. You ain't shit!" Biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Tell him he has to move to Baltimore.
I am only a days drive away.

Also fuck you.

I don't think anyone got a PM lol.......
I'm pretty sure the PMs were just a big lie! Smh
I was wondering if anyone else got any..

Dutch is a liar.. A big fat liar.

I'm so prepared to last in the draft.

UberTag

Best of luck to my fellow Shirtless brethren in tonight's Draft prediction bonanza.
Let's show up those shirt-wearing miscreants who think they can compete at our level.
All I want is a fellow Shirtless team manager to outclass the competition.
And, remember... the ultimate prize is that you get to draft Gronk ahead of Dutch.

Best of luck to my fellow Shirtless brethren in tonight's Draft prediction bonanza.
Let's show up those shirt-wearing miscreants who think they can compete at our level.
All I want is a fellow Shirtless team manager to outclass the competition.
And, remember... the ultimate prize is that you get to draft Gronk ahead of Dutch.
The goal for everyone should be to keep him away from Gronk.. Whose with me?

UberTag

Let's discuss Dutch's mock draft... here it is...

FREE SQUARE
FREE SQUARE
3. Ronnie Stanley
4. Jalen Ramsey
5. Joey Bosa
6. Laremy Tunsil
7. DeForest Buckner
8. Ezekiel Elliott
9. Vernon Hargreaves III
10. Jack Conklin
11. Leonard Floyd
12. A'Shawn Robinson
13. Myles Jack
14. Le'Raven Clark
15. Paxton Lynch
16. Reggie Ragland
17. Kevin Dodd
18. Will Fuller
19. Vernon Butler
20. Hunter Henry
21. Cody Whitehair
22. Shaq Lawson
23. Laquon Treadwell
24. Robert Nkemdiche
25. Eli Apple
26. Chris Jones
27. Sheldon Rankins
28. Darron Lee
29. Jarran Reed
30. Andrew Billings
31. Connor Cook

Pretty safe in the early going. He bought the Stanley bait. Chargers are keeping us guessing.
Lots of dart throws starting at 14. That Le'Raven Clark pick was ballsy as hell.
I hope Apple, Jones and Cook don't hit as I had them in those slots myself earlier yesterday.
His list is surprisingly light on wide receivers. Only Treadwell to the Vikes and nobody else.

UberTag

SHIRTLESS LEAGUE DRAFT SLOT FINAL STANDINGS

1. UberTag - 1,180 Points
2. BlackGhost - 920 Points
3. Wes - 800 Points
4. BaltimoreLarry - 720 Points
5. Fox318 - 690 Points
6. Dutch Patriot (aka The Commish) - 640 Points
7. Kave_Man - 630 Points
8. rando14 (Defending Champ) - 620 Points
9. FloydtheFathead - 590 Points
10. Actstriker - 580 Points
11. Bread - 370 Points
12T. Confrontation - 0 Points
12T. Sanjuro - 0 Points
minx (banned from GAF until October) - 900 Points
Hammer24 -
Lunchbox -

Who am I forgetting to add to the above list? Some points is better than 0 points.
Even if I'm feeling nice, just look at all of the picks Dutch has to dodge to maintain his grasp on Gronk.

Of course, this is merely a draft slot selection preference tree so it's always possible that 1st overall slot doesn't get nabbed until Dutch gets to pick his slot.
It's not so much fun being on either end of a 16-person snake draft.

3. minx (Still Banned) - 900 Points
5. Fox318 - 690 Points
7. Kave_Man - 630 Points
8. FloydtheFathead - 590 Points
9. Actstriker - 580 Points
10. Bread - 370 Points
Confrontation (Still Banned) -
Hammer24 -
Lunchbox -
rando14 (Defending Champ) -
Sanjuro -
Wes -

Who am I forgetting to add to the above list? Some points is better than 0 points.
Even if I'm feeling nice, just look at all of the picks Dutch has to dodge to maintain his grasp on Gronk.

Of course, this is merely a draft slot selection preference tree so it's always possible that 1st overall slot doesn't get nabbed until Dutch gets to pick his slot.

Congrats my friend!

I really messed up this year. I felt that last year I had a pretty good grasp on what was gonna happen, but this year it was much more difficult. Maybe due to the Pats not picking in the first, I was a little less interested.

Fuck a doodle doo

Wes

venison crêpe

5. Fox318 - 690 Points
7. Kave_Man - 630 Points
8. FloydtheFathead - 590 Points
9. Actstriker - 580 Points
10. Bread - 370 Points
Hammer24 -
Lunchbox -
rando14 (Defending Champ) -
Sanjuro -
Wes -

I thought I got 800 points :eek:

UberTag

You guys need to stop using cutesy names for the games instead of your GAF usernames so your entries can be missed.

rando14, which one of these is you? Nipun49 or Syrinx617?

I thought I got 800 points :eek:
Gotcha added to the list now. No worries.

I'm always terrible at this because I don't pay attention to college
I didn't know a single thing about any of these players, their accolades or this draft until Monday. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a college football game.

UberTag

While we're still 4+ months away from the start of the regular season, it's never too soon to start mapping out your draft strategy.

Especially this season which boasts the most egregious upheaval that I can recall in perceived 1st round value as running backs are now being treated as chopped liver.

Here are the current consensus Top 16 players who should be at the top of most people's lists in standard redraft leagues if we were drafting today (and not in August)...

1. Antonio Brown {PIT} (WR)
2. Odell Beckham Jr. {NYG} (WR)
3. Le'Veon Bell {PIT} (RB)
4. Julio Jones {ATL} (WR)
5. Todd Gurley {STL} (RB)
6. David Johnson {ARI} (RB)
7. Rob Gronkowski {NE} (TE)
8. DeAndre Hopkins {HOU} (WR)
9. Adrian Peterson {MIN} (RB)
10. Dez Bryant {DAL} (WR)
11. Allen Robinson {JAX} (WR)
12. Ezekiel Elliott {DAL} (RB)
13. A.J. Green {CIN} (WR)
14. Jamaal Charles {KC} (RB)
15. Devonta Freeman {ATL} (RB)
16. Brandon Marshall {NYJ} (WR)

Realistically, some QBs should be in this group as well in a 16-team format... especially Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers.
Zeke Elliott already has substantial fantasy cred. Also see Corey Coleman going early given the plethora of Browns fans in this league.

Put myself in perfect position
maxresdefault.jpg

4. Wes - 800 Points
5. BaltimoreLarry - 720 Points
6. Fox318 - 690 Points
7. Dutch Patriot (aka The Commish) - 640 Points
8. Kave_Man - 630 Points
9. rando14 (Defending Champ) - 620 Points
10. FloydtheFathead - 590 Points
11. Actstriker - 580 Points
12. Bread - 370 Points
Hammer24 -
Lunchbox -
Sanjuro -

Dammit Floy! Floy on bottom just like he is on the Browns Gaf depth chart!

I'm kidding Floy hehehehe

UberTag

Fucking bans
Bans are never fun. Did you have a submission in last week's draft competition or should I slot you in officially with 0 points?

rando14 won the league last year despite a 0-point performance on draft day so you can easily build a capable team drafting from any position. He proved it.

Fucking bans
Welcome back.

Also BG.. If Confrontation didn't submit his Mock Draft which technically means that he is last.

Hooray for technicalities :)

While we're still 4+ months away from the start of the regular season, it's never too soon to start mapping out your draft strategy.

Especially this season which boasts the most egregious upheaval that I can recall in perceived 1st round value as running backs are now being treated as chopped liver.

Here are the current consensus Top 16 players who should be at the top of most people's lists in standard redraft leagues if we were drafting today (and not in August)...

1. Antonio Brown {PIT} (WR)
2. Odell Beckham Jr. {NYG} (WR)
3. Le'Veon Bell {PIT} (RB)
4. Julio Jones {ATL} (WR)
5. Todd Gurley {STL} (RB)
6. David Johnson {ARI} (RB)
7. Rob Gronkowski {NE} (TE)
8. DeAndre Hopkins {HOU} (WR)
9. Adrian Peterson {MIN} (RB)
10. Dez Bryant {DAL} (WR)
11. Allen Robinson {JAX} (WR)
12. Ezekiel Elliott {DAL} (RB)
13. A.J. Green {CIN} (WR)
14. Jamaal Charles {KC} (RB)
15. Devonta Freeman {ATL} (RB)
16. Brandon Marshall {NYJ} (WR)

Realistically, some QBs should be in this group as well in a 16-team format... especially Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers.
Zeke Elliott already has substantial fantasy cred. Also see Corey Coleman going early given the plethora of Browns fans in this league.
You think Devonta is for real and not a one season wonder?

Also Zeke + Dallas O-Line = Magic.

I don't think Devonta is getting 14 touchdowns again.
He also slowed down a great deal at the mid-point of the season. And Tevin Coleman isn't exactly chopped liver.
No Tevin is not.

That's why I'm shocked he is so high on that list. I think Tevin will replace Freeman soon enough.

Also no Jordy Nelson comeback?

i can't wait to take zeke with my pick!!!! my boy!!!!

bg if you take him ill kill u
So if i wanted him.. Would you be mad?

UberTag

No Tevin is not.

That's why I'm shocked he is so high on that list. I think Tevin will replace Freeman soon enough.

Also no Jordy Nelson comeback?
Jordy was #17 in that list so just outside of those rankings.
I'm sure there's some high-level fantasy stat out there that maps out receiver output post-ACL tears that will inevitably scare people off although it sounds like his recovery is ahead of schedule.

i can't wait to take zeke with my pick!!!! my boy!!!!

bg if you take him ill kill u
Hate to break it to you, Bread... but your chances of landing Zeke with 12th choice of available draft slots is rather dubious.

UberTag

Yea, I'll be having 0 points in that mock draft competition.
Alrighty then.

I'm fairly certain minx's ban is only temporary - it hits the 2-week mark tomorrow.

Am I correct in assuming that Sanjuro also has 0 points and wasn't in the NFL.com draft predict the pick pool under a different name?

If so, then I just need confirmation on who the last two people in the league actually are. Lunchbox is so quiet in these threads he's practically a mute.
What's the point of playing fantasy football if you don't trash talk? I just don't understand the appeal.

Bread

Banned
Alrighty then.

I'm fairly certain minx's ban is only temporary - it hits the 2-week mark tomorrow.

Am I correct in assuming that Sanjuro also has 0 points and wasn't in the NFL.com draft predict the pick pool under a different name?

If so, then I just need confirmation on who the last two people in the league actually are. Lunchbox is so quiet in these threads he's practically a mute.
What's the point of playing fantasy football if you don't trash talk? I just don't understand the appeal.
It's a 6 monther

Rip minx

UberTag

He definitely would want to be in the league
I know he would. I've been in like a half-dozen leagues with the guy.

I suppose if he's able to communicate his interest to Dutch via SLAENT or somewhere else he'll be able to select his draft slot and participate at our new Shirtless home over at Yahoo.

Top Bottom