• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shockwave game - Redline Rumble - Will DS games look like this?

mr2mike

Banned
damn I hope not... not that I plan on getting a DS, but shit, that's weak... that's 1st gen saturn without the texture warping, if not worse.

and wasn't there a TFATF game that was exactly like that, except with TFATF cars?

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
It's not bad, but I hope the racing games on DS look better. In terms of polygons or how many cars are on screen, it's about what I expect. The shadows underneath the car, the textures and the background need some improvement though.

Why settle for this...

califspe6.jpg

califspe12.jpg

sfrus2.jpg

sfrus6.jpg

When you can have this...

revli17.jpg

revli18.jpg

revli9.jpg

wdrivelove13.jpg

wdrivelove9.jpg

wdrivelove16.jpg

ridgyraceme5.JPG

ridgra6.jpg

If had to pick one thing I would want to see NDS improved upon over N64 it would to fix the blurry graphics.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If had to pick one thing I would want to see NDS improved upon over N64 it would to fix the blurry graphics.

Oh, but they DID fix that problem...the DS doesn't use any sort of texture filtering so everything will be blocky instead of blurry. :p

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
dark10x said:
Oh, but they DID fix that problem...the DS doesn't use any sort of texture filtering so everything will be blocky instead of blurry. :p

So I guess we'll have to deal w/jaggies. I thought those days were over. I'm sure it won't be as noticable on a smaller screen though.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Mike Works said:
Because the first one is a better game!

I never played the Rush games, so I can't really comment on it's fun factor. I think World Driver Championship is a blast to play though and controls great. It proved that you can have great graphics on N64 without using the RAM expansion pack. It's one of the best racers on N64 and still holds up well this gen IMO. I'm sure SFRush is a good game, but there's no need to settle for graphics like that now. Developers today should be more than capable to make better graphics than that.

Top Bottom