• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Syder

I've done it before, I don't want people to think I'm just recycling content. We have plenty of people here who want to put their own touch on it as well. Making room for up and comers!

The last WWE 'cism thread I made was a fine thread and thought provoking as far as finding ways to combat racism in entertainment without diluting the message.
I would do it but I haven't watched any WWE content (aside from TakeOver and the MYC Final) in over 2 months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would do it but I haven't watched any WWE content (aside from TakeOver and the MYC Final) in over 2 months.

It's okay, a lot of people here didn't watch Smackdown either. Go for it! If it's worth discussing, which I think it is, with the broader segment of people besides just wrassle fans, it can be a good conversation and absolutely worth having.

BUT MAYBE I'LL SEE IF I CAN'T FIND BEAN BREATH.

I hear everyone loves tarp, especially sunny

whiUe6X.png

Also heard this was one of the worst smackdowns for a long time. At least 205 had that Neville promo, one of the best I've heard in a while.

BUT MAYBE I'LL SEE IF I CAN'T FIND BEAN BREATH.

gross post

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How much you wanna bet WWE blame Jinder when national media gets ahold of this like fhey blamed Charlotte for the Reid Flair promo

The Washington Post is already working on a story on it.

You just know Vince was cackling with glee as he wrote it, thinking "GODDAMN, IF A MINORITY SAYS IT, IT CAN'T BE RACIST"

How long until they bring in Cornette and Jarrett

To be fair, they were turning Impact around quality wise. Weren't making any money but it was becoming a more watchable show. Cornette was great as a GM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who are you?

I don't know why you'd want Jinder to be an agent, though, or why you're so excited for it. I'll go ahead and drop it since you're not interested in discussing wrestling.

Pikma

Banned
I don't know why you'd want Jinder to be an agent, though, or why you're so excited for it. I'll go ahead and drop it since you're not interested in discussing wrestling.
You replied with the same bullshit when I replied to one of your posts yesterday, I'm just returning the favor🤷🏻

Bound for Smackdown
file_279989_0_bfg-arena.jpg

He's trusted enough to keep the belt for months. He's clearly doing something right. You'd have to be some sort of
a fuckin' idiot.
to not be able to see he has a lot of good to teach the young'ins.

Pikma

Banned
Bound for Smackdown
file_279989_0_bfg-arena.jpg

He's trusted enough to keep the belt for months. He's clearly doing something right. You'd have to be some sort of
Lmao it took me a couple seconds to notice that's TNA and not WWE😂

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Oh I agree, but Jinder is far more valuable right now on the active roster instead of wishing for him to retire. I guess that Jinder championship run really upset some people who felt that he didn't deserve it, and was champion only because they wanted to make money in India. I'm really, really sick of people feeling Jinder's title run has been unearned or earned only on the basis of the color of his skin. Jinder has talent and is showing it, has not been an embarrassment (save this recent poor SD promo) and certainly deserves it.

People complain about the title scene all the time. "Oh, it's always the same people hot potatoing the title back and forth." Now someone shows up, and there's problems? Hmm. I think I know what they're saying, but I sure don't like it.

At least Goldberg's done with the company, so the WWE Fans wouldn't have to explain how good his new entrance without pyro (Budget Cuts!) looks

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least Goldberg's done with the company, so the WWE Fans wouldn't have to explain how good his new entrance without pyro (Budget Cuts!) looks

That could have been a big problem. Same with Kane. Nice ol' Silent Kane.

Draxal

Oh I agree, but Jinder is far more valuable right now on the active roster instead of wishing for him to retire. I guess that Jinder championship run really upset some people who felt that he didn't deserve it, and was champion only because they wanted to make money in India. I'm really, really sick of people feeling Jinder's title run has been unearned or earned only on the basis of the color of his skin. Jinder has talent and is showing it, has not been an embarrassment (save this recent poor SD promo) and certainly deserves it.

People complain about the title scene all the time. "Oh, it's always the same people hot potatoing the title back and forth." Now someone shows up, and there's problems? Hmm. I think I know what they're saying, but I sure don't like it.

The build was absolute garbage, he jobbed to Mojo on the Wrestlemania preshow. I always though the push without a build was an attempt to get him heat, but it just didn't work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The build was absolute garbage, he jobbed to Mojo on the Wrestlemania preshow. I always though the push without a build was an attempt to get him heat, but it just didn't work.

I love surprises. Absolutely love them. I love it when someone you literally don't expect to win, wins. I love underdogs, I love surprises.

Mojo and the Rumble worked pretty well for Mojo as well! I was actually kinda rooting for him by the end.

Jinder showed in that program that he can carry his end and a bad guy, which is great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought he might come back if his kid wants him to?

This is true. If he wants to come back for another run, the doors are open for him. WWE could do a lot worse. Goldberg had a great last run.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
The Jinder promo just makes me even more worried for Asuka. WWE still doesn't know how to handle foreign talent

Vince doesn't know how to book foreign talent. Look at what Hunter has done with NXT: Nakamura was the title holder and booked strong, Asuka broke records for the company and Kairi Sane just won the Mae Young Classic. Finn was the top guy in NXT for over a year and you've now got a Scottish champion in McIntyre.

To put things in perspective for Jinder's title run, it was about 6 weeks in between him getting jobbed out to Mojo Rawley and becoming world champion. The guy has clearly put in a lot of work, I won't deny that. But to act like the company gave one shit about this guy prior to their India push is being naive.

Pikma

Banned
Lmao I got an email offering me another 3 month free of the Trump Network

Resubbing would make me look like just another Zach so I just deleted the email.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What I like about their surveys is they always seem to have ideas for good stuff, they just never do it

People might not want it enough. We're still a subset of folks, the general WWE fan isn't really reflected in our niche.

Vince doesn't know how to book foreign talent. Look at what Hunter has done with NXT: Nakamura was the title holder and booked strong, Asuka broke records for the company and Kairi Sane just won the Mae Young Classic. Finn was the top guy in NXT for over a year and you've now got a Scottish champion in McIntyre.

To put things in perspective for Jinder's title run, it was about 6 weeks in between him getting jobbed out to Mojo Rawley and becoming world champion. The guy has clearly put in a lot of work, I won't deny that. But to act like the company gave one shit about this guy prior to their India push is being naive.

Fair enough, but I feel people who think Jinder is only champion because of India and trying to get a bigger foothold in that demographic are incredibly jaded and on top of that, it discounts his hard work wholesale. I'm not hearing "Title was on Balor in NXT because WWE wants Ireland." I wasn't hearing anything like that.

It can be a combination of the two, absolutely. But the folks that think it's one singular thing, that's a dangerous way of thinking and wrong.

Top Bottom