• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Aiii

So not worth it
lmao at the idea WWE Studios could make a “Game of Thrones” when they can’t even get C-Stars for their direct to VOD action movies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lmao at the idea WWE Studios could make a “Game of Thrones” when they can’t even get C-Stars for their direct to VOD action movies.

Did you even watch The Marine 4?

Foggy

Fair enough, but I feel people who think Jinder is only champion because of India and trying to get a bigger foothold in that demographic are incredibly jaded and on top of that, it discounts his hard work wholesale. I'm not hearing "Title was on Balor in NXT because WWE wants Ireland." I wasn't hearing anything like that.

It can be a combination of the two, absolutely. But the folks that think it's one singular thing, that's a dangerous way of thinking and wrong.

Describe this hard work that Jinder's done. Describe what Jinder had done prior to his push that would assuage any cynical assumptions.

My picks for the survey:

Top Tier
WWE Director's Cut - I really enjoyed what Stone Cold did on his podcast for WM 13 and X7.
Original Scripted Dramas - Cause it might be so serious it's dumb
Original Scripted Comedies - Seems silly
Download content - So I don't have to use my data to watch shows
Tournaments - One of my favorite WM is WM 4
Special Live Events - House shows are super fun
VR - Sounds super cool and I can use the Oculus Rift we have at my work
Personalized Network feed - I can set what I want on my home page
Alternate Viewing Options - Sounds neat
Free Shipping - Duh its 2017 I don't pay for shipping when online ordering
Sweepstakes - who doesnt want to try and win stuff
Loyalty Program - might as well try and get something since I'll be a subscriber until myself or the network dies

Middle Tier
TV 14 Show- might be neat
Reality Shows - dumb fun
Social Sharing - for wrasslegaf fun
Early Access to tickets - it's already easy to get presale codes
Fan Voting - sounds okay
Preferred Pricing - I don't do meet and greets

Bottom Tier
ROH, TNA, Other Promotions - I don't need other stuff
Alternate Commentary - If JBL was still on I would say Middle Tier since JBL was awful
Social Viewing - I usually watch the big events with friends
Ratings/Comments - People will just be arguing
Early Access to Merch - eh
Monthly Insider Call - I'm not a MARK
Backstage news - someone will just post it here in wrasslegaf

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Describe this hard work that Jinder's done. Describe what Jinder had done prior to his push that would assuage any cynical assumptions.

He's worked on his wrestling, his diet, and his physique. He was able to showcase all of that in the Mojo program. Ultimately, this may not matter, because you're not a talent scout and neither am I.

That the one with Summer?

Yup! Summer Bae dabes.

It's hard work obtaining so many steroids to inject yourself with

Heaven forbid you give him any credit at all.

Sephzilla

You know, I'm happy that Jinder won the title because I know for him it's a gigantic accomplishment that will almost certainly be the greatest moment of his entire career. But that being said, I do not find him entertaining and the dude looks like a walking wellness violation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I'm happy that Jinder won the title because I know for him it's a gigantic accomplishment that will almost certainly be the greatest moment of his entire career. But that being said, I do not find him entertaining and the dude looks like a walking wellness violation.

I felt the same about Mojo in that Andre Battle Royale! I don't like Mojo at all but I was happy for him, for some stupid reason :~)

Mojo does not look like a wellness violation, however.

Foggy

He's worked on his wrestling, his diet, and his physique. He was able to showcase all of that in the Mojo program. Ultimately, this may not matter, because you're not a talent scout and neither am I.

That's a really flimsy resumé if you're trying to refute cynicism. Hell, his ongoing title reign draws poorly and has been received poorly. So aside from your obvious affection Jinder, you're not really offering anything provocative to dispute it.

The Chicago EVOLVE show this weekend must be selling like complete garbage, currently offering tickets for 30% off with a code

Figured as much when front row was still available a couple of weeks ago

I was interested in going but the announced card does little for me, especially coming off of the last two I've gone to in Chicago and New York

WWN Championship Match - Anything Goes
Matt Riddle defends vs. Tracy Williams with Stokely Hathaway

Bonus Main Event
Keith Lee vs. Davey Richards

Non-Title Special Challenge Match
EVOLVE Champion Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Fred Yehi

Special Challenge Match #1
Darby Allin vs. DJZ

Special Challenge Match #2
EVOLVE Tag Team Champion James Drake vs. Austin Theory with Priscilla Kelly

Special Challenge Match #3
EVOLVE Tag Team Champion Anthony Henry vs. Jason Kincaid

Plus more to be signed with:
-ACH
-Ethan Page
-Chris Dickinson
-Jaka
-Plus more to be added including a Freelance Wrestling Championship Match!!!

Pikma

Banned
That's a really flimsy resumé if you're trying to refute cynicism. Hell, his ongoing title reign draws poorly and has been received poorly. So aside from your obvious affection Jinder, you're not really offering anything provocative to dispute it.
Don't even bother, Foggy

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I could think of a dozen guys on the roster who have worked harder than him at all the parts of wrestling other than bodybuilding (and let's be clear: the guy is on steroids) and could actually use the run for something other than a sense personal accomplishment.

Cutting a racist promo on Nakamura is easily the most memorable part of his run, and for the wrong reasons. I don't care how good of a company guy you are, you shouldn't walk out there and drop racial smack on your opponent in 2017, particularly when you've been asked about the racial issues involved in your own run the entire time and your entire schtick is that the audience is racist. I don't care how "ironic" that is, it's shitty and dumb.

Even on SDL alone, I could think of like 5 dudes off the top of my head who should have gotten a run over Jinder - - Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Bobby Roode, Rusev, Nakamura, etc.

Again, maybe he worked hard, but in the end results matter and I don't find it likely any of the dudes above who are clearly better than Jinder at everything wrestling-related beyond doing steroids didn't work harder to be better than Jinder. Even assuming Jinder "worked harder" than they did, what does it matter?

#safe
DKLHJdnUQAEHa0h.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think deciding if he draws or if it's been received poorly is a metric worth exploring, honestly. History has shown that championship Reigns offer very little change, if any, in the short term. Historically you can only judge year after year.

I still believe new people, even flawed, are good to have at the top.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He worked at his wreslting?
Yes. I know you don't watch WWE, but he absolutely has put in more time wrestling than un-wrestling and even spent some time in NXT. Learning never stops.

Syder

Forgot to ask about the Heenan tribute, did WWE do... anything?

Is it too much to ask for a 10-bell salute to one of the GOATs?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He isn't much better than when was in 3 mb , he is still the same bad wreslter that he was before.

Actual wrestling ability doesn't count for much as a champion. See: Hogan, Arquette, some would argue Cena in the late 2000s.

Forgot to ask about the Heenan tribute, did WWE do... anything?

Is it too much to ask for a 10-bell salute to one of the GOATs?
Yes, they had a video package.

THE GUY

Banned
I hear everyone loves tarp, especially sunny

whiUe6X.png
This is the house that AJ Styles built!

Seriously though. SDL is crap. They really should've sent Balor there earlier in the year. They could've had a certified main event talent ready and made by giving him a short run at the top while feuding with Styles, Owens, Orton etc. Alternatively, Rollins would've been a good pick too. One of those two really should've gone though.

Maybe Balor would fit better since he's been doing nothing noteworthy since his return. At least Rollins is doing something at the moment with Ambrose and The Bar.

Heroman

Banned
Actual wrestling ability doesn't count for much as a champion. See: Hogan, Arquette, some would argue Cena in the late 2000s.

Yes, they had a video package.
Well yeah, for Hogan and Cena they we're over , jinder isn't over at all

And Arquette?Lol

Like anybody can be Champion it's pro wrestling but that doesn't mean they should be champion

gun_haver

i dunno i think it says something wwe had a good show in SDL for about 6 months last year and once they realised it, their first instinct was 'gut that shit'.

i don't watch either show now.

Haha, can you imagine?

Monthly “inside WWE Headquarters” Conference Call:  Ability to listen in to a conference call with WWE executives such as Triple H or Stephanie McMahon

Extremely Interested

Very Interested

Moderately Interested

Somewhat Interested

Not At All Interested

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i dunno i think it says something wwe had a good show in SDL for about 6 months last year and once they realised it, their first instinct was 'gut that shit'.

Who did Smackdown lose that moves the needle? Actually moved the needle?

Nitro 161 at the 8:45 mark The Hardy Boyz music plays during a video package about WCW being on Wall Street and having a WCW MASTERCARD. I totally forgot WCW had their own credit card.

I wonder what song was originally used.

Syder

Ashamedly, it actually took me 3 months after the superstar shake-up to realise I was wasting my time with both shows, 2 months later based on everything I've heard and the highlights I've seen I don't regret dropping WWE at all.

Jinder Mahal's reign kinda reminds me of JBL's initial long reign. Which despite loving the clothesline from hell, I wasn't a fan of. Felt random at first and just got nauseating.

But it did make sure JBL stayed at least in the upper mid card. So I hope something similarly good happens to Jinder.

But he needs to get better in the ring. And honestly, develop an entertaining persona. He may be one of the few heels in the E that just gets boos, but like... At least try to be one people want to see get whooped.

Evolve needs some new talent every card looks the same

But they have Davey Richards and DJZ now.

I could have sworn that Richards was retiring to be a doctor.

It's almost like GabeS is completely burnt out between booking Evolve, Style Battle, and FIP.

It's almost like the exact same thing happened when he was booking ROH and FIP.

Syder

Jinder Mahal's reign kinda reminds me of JBL's initial long reign. Which despite loving the clothesline from hell, I wasn't a fan of. Felt random at first and just got nauseating.

But it did make sure JBL stayed at least in the upper mid card. So I hope something similarly good happens to Jinder.

But he needs to get better in the ring. And honestly, develop an entertaining persona. He may be one of the few heels in the E that just gets boos, but like... At least try to be one people want to see get whooped.
Fuck JBL but he was 1000x better than Jinder is.

Top Bottom