• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
teiresias said:
I don't really have anything original. I think the wallpaper was from someone in an Android thread here. I tend to swap my wallpaper a lot though, this is just what happens to be there now.

snap20100824_105119.png

What weather widget is that?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Lock Screen:

pWw8t.png

Home Screen (Going really simple atm, and completely ripping someone else's on XDA :lol :lol :lol ):

r1Mi4.png

Ok, I'll bite although all of my stuff is ripped from other peoples recommendations in the software thread:

aw7vd5.jpg

Rooted, using launcher pro, using simple text icons, using beautiful widgets clock cropped to get rid of weather, and battstat widget.

The wallpaper is one I created myself using a photo I took.

Menelaus

Banned
Nothing fancy, just highly readable clock and battery indicator. I'll make custom icons for the launcher if I get time.

4k9q2v.png

My setup hasn't changed much from when I initially posted it in the Software thread. Still using the Bugless Evolution theme for BB with the blackcashmere/cropped beautiful widget clock for my main screen. Nice to see other people using that little trick. It's a really elegant look.

new2shot.png
newnewpshot.png
snafgpshot.png
newshot.png

Added a 4th screen for the MusicMod widget on the far right. However that might not stay as it doesn't appear to scrobble and last.fm is a huge deal to me (as you can see by the fact that it's a main text icon on my launcherpro dock).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Any recommended aps for customizing the media dock screen? (Not the dock on the phone, the screen when you put it in the Motorolla media dock)

Hieberrr

Ezenzer said:
My setup hasn't changed much from when I initially posted it in the Software thread. Still using the Bugless Evolution theme for BB with the blackcashmere/cropped beautiful widget clock for my main screen. Nice to see other people using that little trick. It's a really elegant look.

[Images]

Added a 4th screen for the MusicMod widget on the far right. However that might not stay as it doesn't appear to scrobble and last.fm is a huge deal to me (as you can see by the fact that it's a main text icon on my launcherpro dock).

Where can I find this theme/skin for Beautiful Widgets?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it.

carlosp

Banned
teiresias said:
I don't really have anything original. I think the wallpaper was from someone in an Android thread here. I tend to swap my wallpaper a lot though, this is just what happens to be there now.

snap20100824_105119.png

could you post your LauncherPro Dock BG? Ive been looking for this one.

SimleuqiR

Phandroid said:
Visual Task Switcher, which mimics Palm’s webOS by providing thumbnail views of all open applications. Swipe through open apps, long-press to kill running tasks, or open an app by tapping the thumb. It doesn’t have the same polish as Palm’s version, but it provides a comparable experience for Android users.

visualtaskswitch.png

vtsqr.png

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Menelaus said:
sup ridiculously hot weather buddy?

I know right? Sometimes I look down and I'm like YES IT'S ONLY EIGHTY FIVE DEGREES OUTSIDE before I realize that's the battery. fml

Zeppu

Borgnine said:
I know right? Sometimes I look down and I'm like YES IT'S ONLY EIGHTY FIVE DEGREES OUTSIDE before I realize that's the battery. fml

wat?

I don't think that's got to do with it. The temperature is retrieved from the weather service...

Chairhome

Using the Mario Live Wallpaper. Can be found here. Font is Caviar Dreams which can also be found at XDA.

snap20100824_112557.png
snap20100824_112620.png
snap20100824_112700.png

Using:
- ADW Launcher
- Snowstorm is the weather widget
- tajm and battstat
- TeamFenix 1.8 ROM on a MyTouch Slide
- Dialer One and TweetDeck Beta are on the dock.

DemiMatt

just got my droid 2 on sat, customizing this thing is such a trip. Just understanding how it all works is hard enough for me hahaha.

TheHakku

Really itching for the G2 now. Been holding on to Android OS 1.6 for dear life.... The suspense to get all this amazing looking stuff is killing me.

dark_chris

Is there any other way I can take a pic of my screen? I have not rooted my phone and the explaination for the non rooted phones is just complicated.

dark_chris said:
Is there any other way I can take a pic of my screen? I have not rooted my phone and the explaination for the non rooted phones is just complicated.
I hear the ShootMe app works on some non-rooted phones. You could try that.

Stryder

This is an awesome thread. I've been pretty attached to Sense up to now but I think I might be delving into one of these launchers with a customized theme after having seen a few of these!

Really nice

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Phone isnt rooted so I took pics with a crappy handcamcorder :lol
lock.jpg

Using WidgetLocker, love ability to put widgets on the lock screen, dont like the unlock options, wish there was a way to keep the captivate lock screen but add widgets to it.

From Left to right of my screens. Middle one is my main screen. Wallpaper is Mandy Moore with some photoshop action to extend the left.
Everything is pretty basic. Facebook app widget, BattStatt for battery %, Pure Calender widget on the far right. LauncherPro home.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Currently looking for a good music player widget to use. Liked the MusicMod ones mentioned about but I guess its 2.2 only and I dont have that yet :(

The Felo

Neo Member
All of this amazing stuff is possible on the Captivate, right? I'm looking into jumping on the Android bandwagon, and supposedly the Captivate is the best Android phone on AT&T.

Corran Horn

The Felo said:
All of this amazing stuff is possible on the Captivate, right? I'm looking into jumping on the Android bandwagon, and supposedly the Captivate is the best Android phone on AT&T.
My pics are from captivate. Some stuff you cant do as it requires 2.2 or requires you to root your phone since ATT locks some stuff out but majority of it you can do.

mollipen

Bah, I should never have entered this thread. I'm pissed off at AT&T, slightly considering switching to an Android phone, and now I see all of these beautiful looking examples of what you can do with the UI.

Feep

Banned
Everyone is using this big, elegant clock font with Beautiful Widgets.

1) What skin in this?
2) How are you cropping out all of the weather/date junk?

Corran Horn

Feep said:
Everyone is using this big, elegant clock font with Beautiful Widgets.

1) What skin in this?
2) How are you cropping out all of the weather/date junk?
2. If you have LauncherPro Plus ($2 I think) you can crop widgets. Have to hold onto widget for a long click then let go. A crop bar will appear to let you resize.

punkypine

what programs do you use to apply wallpaper? when i use the default gallery, it makes them blurry. i heard its some compression thing

carlosp

Banned
I want to introduce another Home replacemnt called SlideScreen Pro (the price for the Pro Version is 6.99$ but a free version is also available).

What it does is showing many informations at once like email, facebook, SMS etc. What it doesnt have is music control. Just give the free version a try if you like it. For me it just doest offer enough functionality to replace launcherPro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHoKINa_Yc4&feature=player_embedded

SlideScreen+Pro+Android.jpg

SlideScreen+Pro+Android+Home+Replacement.jpg

joeposh

RJNavarrete said:

I would love for you to break down what went into this. I'm just starting to play around with my evo and really dig the look you've accomplished here. I can spot music mod and beautiful widgets based off of earlier posts, but details on the rest would be appreciated as well.

Top Bottom