• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show off your Android Customizations thread

DCX

DCX
4930402112_3ff5d8c50c_b.jpg

After some tweaking i ended up with this, i love it :)

DCX

j-wood

I recently bought a droid 2.

I was looking on the market place and saw the launch pro app. Does that run well on the droid 2 and is it worth it? I don't really have any problems with the version of motoblur on the droid 2.

If it is worth it to install LP, what are some tips? I don't have to have my phone rooted right?

I can't find widgetlocker lockscreen on the market, and I can't download beautiful widget even though I can see it on the market. it said the file doesn't exist or something like that =(

kIdMuScLe

dude seriously... is annoying that some of posters are just posting screenshots without any sources. is it that hard to follow the rules?

Zeppu

j-wood said:
I recently bought a droid 2.
I was looking on the market place and saw the launch pro app. Does that run well on the droid 2 and is it worth it? I don't really have any problems with the version of motoblur on the droid 2.
If it is worth it to install LP, what are some tips? I don't have to have my phone rooted right?

Install LauncherPro. It's just like any other app, if you don't like it uninstall it and it's like nothing ever happened. Doesn't need root.

Callibretto said:
I can't find widgetlocker lockscreen on the market, and I can't download beautiful widget even though I can see it on the market. it said the file doesn't exist or something like that =(

Yep:
http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=143779 said:
Paid App Availability Print
Priced applications are currently only available to users in the following countries:
Australia
Austria
Canada
France
Germany
Italy
Japan
Netherlands
New Zealand
Spain
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States
We're working hard to add more countries, so please stay tuned!

You can install Market Enabler to bypass this and fake being form one of those countries. Requires root though.

dark_chris

I decided to copy Horn's idea of taking pics like this. I took this from my new MyTouch Slide phone. =D I love it.
DSC02335.jpg

^^The power switches is quite handy to have instead of fiddling around through settings.

DSC02336.jpg

^^ The music widget is actually what came with the phone. I think this is the best one it has. Its quite simple to use.

DSC02337.jpg

^^I was trying out the people widget, its ok but not happy with u gotta choose what to do when u choose the person. its either gotta be call or text when u set it up

DSC02338.jpg

^^home screen. The HTC thing on top didn't come with the phone, i had to install it myself. Its called Fancy Widget lol.

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

DSC02341.jpg

^^The rest is just stuff it came with on the phone. Friend-stream stuff, weather and news. I only check out the local news.. lol.

Zeppu

dark_chris said:
=]
Shhhh~

Anywho, it seems like you've got Sense stuff with a custom dock there? How does that work? Or have HTC changed the look of the dock recently?

Edit: Also, get 'fake chrome' and get rid of that ugly 'Internet' icon.

dark_chris

josephdebono said:
Anywho, it seems like you've got Sense stuff with a custom dock there? How does that work? Or have HTC changed the look of the dock recently?

Edit: Also, get 'fake chrome' and get rid of that ugly 'Internet' icon.

Sense? lol.
I like the internet icon. =p

My phone atm :

28u0knq.png

2irlkwz.png

2qup748.png

The the image from gaf somewhere.
Widgets used are Switch Pro | BattStat & Tajm | Google Search
On top of Launcher pro

Miggytronz

MarkMclovin said:
My phone atm :

28u0knq.png

2irlkwz.png

2qup748.png

The the image from gaf somewhere.
Widgets used are Switch Pro | BattStat & Tajm | Google Search
On top of Launcher pro

BAH! fucking love the wallpaper. good laughs.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Stat Flow said:
New for school:

pKyCm.png

Fz6ka.png

I would also like to know what that battery meter is...

Also, in Widget Locker, how do you replace the bottom unlock bar with a different style? You can't move it. I saw someone with an iPhone style unlock slider.

Chairhome

dark_chris said:
I decided to copy Horn's idea of taking pics like this. I took this from my new MyTouch Slide phone. =D I love it.
ShootMe app actually works on a non rooted mytouch slide. So you don't have to take pics of your phone!

newsguy

Guys with Launcher Pro plus, I need help. I'm using the messaging widget but it will not display my contact icon pictures. They're all from Facebook profiles, but I don't know how to get them to show up in there.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
dark_chris said:
DSC02335.jpg

^^The power switches is quite handy to have instead of fiddling around through settings.
Im too scared to use the 360/PSN apps :/

newsguy said:
Guys with Launcher Pro plus, I need help. I'm using the messaging widget but it will not display my contact icon pictures. They're all from Facebook profiles, but I don't know how to get them to show up in there.
Google.com/contacts and manually add a photo. Or do it on your phone by setting a pic from your gallery for each contact. Unfortunately the LP widget doesn't support fb pics yet. :/

newsguy

RJNavarrete said:
Google.com/contacts and manually add a photo. Or do it on your phone by setting a pic from your gallery for each contact. Unfortunately the LP widget doesn't support fb pics yet. :/

Oh damn. that's gonna take time

tabsina

This is still not perfect for me, but it is getting there

left.jpg
centre.jpg
right.jpg

Wallpaper:
- link

Launcher:
- Launcher Pro Plus
- Dock:
-- Tap function (left to right) - Gmail, Phone, Applications, Messages, Maps
-- Swipe gesture function (left to right) - Calendar, Contacts, Browser, GTalk, Homescreen Preview
-- (the swipe functions all make logical sense to me, as an extension of the icons)

Left Screen:
- JuicePlotter Widget (from JuicePlotter)
- FolderOrganizer Small Widget (from FolderOrganizer)
- Power Control Widget (it looks different, because it is from Cyanogen rom)
Middle Screen:
- Tajm (from Tajm)
Right Screen:
- MusicMod (from Cyanogen Rom, but also in the market, I think)
- Messaging Widget (Launcher Pro Plus)

SimleuqiR said:
Maybe using SyncMyPix will help with the Facebook pics?

It does, it solves the problem

I was going to do this until I found out Picasa 3.8 now syncs contact thumbnails with google contacts, that solved my problem - though it wouldn't have if I specifically wanted to sync with facebook contact pictures

Stryder

RJNavarrete said:
Ua236.jpg

First time my niece ever heard music through headphones. She literally froze for the entire song :lol :lol :lol
This looks fantastic. I know it's probably been done before in this thread but can you run over what you've done there? Which calender lets you do that?

Zeppu

Stryder said:
This looks fantastic. I know it's probably been done before in this thread but can you run over what you've done there? Which calender lets you do that?

*Jumps in front like a superhero*

"Let me handle this!"

Rjna Varrate's Motorola™ Droid¹ is using LauncherPro as a dock. The first screen from the left contains the calendar application supplied with LauncherPro Plus which can be purchased for $2.99 USD. It also contains what I assume is a stock frame with a picture of his niece the first time she heard music.

In the center screen he has two applications, by the same developer. Tajm, which shows you time, and BattStat which shows your battery level. Furthermore, down below you can see icons which have been themed, I'm assuming, with Desktop Visualizer.

On the third and final screen, we have Pure calendar, which pulls from various calendar and task applications and looks incredibly sleek and, what Power Control Plus which is basically a customizable, skinnable settings control bar.

And that concludes our tour of Rjna Varrate's homescreens.

¹ Droid is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and it's related companies. Used under license.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
gsarjeant said:
How do you adjust (or preferably, disable) the transparency on the LP widgets?

Most have an option. Like the popular clock/weather widget you see. Can disable the background altogether if you want.

gsarjeant

DrForester said:
Most have an option. Like the popular clock/weather widget you see. Can disable the background altogether if you want.

I just can't find the setting for the LP icons for some reason. It's probably buried in a menu somewhere. I'll keep digging. Thanks.

dark_chris said:

DSC02337.jpg

^^I was trying out the people widget, its ok but not happy with u gotta choose what to do when u choose the person. its either gotta be call or text when u set it up

damn mom and the last girl :lol

j-wood

Stupid question, but I just got a droid 2 last week.

When you buy apps in the market place, are they just added to your phone bill? Or do you use like a debit card?

kharma45

j-wood said:
Stupid question, but I just got a droid 2 last week.

When you buy apps in the market place, are they just added to your phone bill? Or do you use like a debit card?

You need a card, I think it's tied to Google Checkout, though I've never actually paid for an app yet for my Hero.

j-wood

Honestly, I really like the version of motoblur they put on the droid 2. The only thing it's lacking is a custom dock. Other than that, everything else I care about is already there (music widget on lock screen, 7 screens, ability to resize widgets)

Top Bottom