• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent hill 2 Remake Japanese live stream 1h 32 minutes of the initial part of the game.

Darkkahn

The animations are a bit janky. And that lady in the white turtle-neck still looks weird as hell!
Edit: Forget about a bit, the animations are super jank! He keeps opening the door with his body! Why?!
SMH, Konami. This is what happens when you give the project to the lowest price contractor.

Last edited:

GrayChild

It looks OK... apart from some of the animations which are like 2 generations behind the likes of The Callisto Protocol, Dead Space, Resident Evil 4 and The Last of Us Part I.

I'll probably be there day 1 anyway. Just as the previous SH games, will remain neutral and without too much expectations until I've seen the whole thing.

And yes, I'll never get over how terrible Angela's new model is.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
c63334dd59edfdebe45f03c0eeb741e431da89c629c72d751327d5fdd15ce664.png

Arioco

I'm so glad to see that they fixed performance right at the beginning of the game. This is the first gameplay I've seen where the game doesn't stutter like crazy in the parking lot and the forest areas. I'm not sure if it was due to low frame rate or bad frame pacing, but it seems to be completely fixed now.

I'm exited to see this running on PS5 Pro.

Lions Gate

As a die hard silent hill 2 fan i'm super excited for this. They fucking nailed the atmosphere, graphically looks phenomenal.
Pre-Ordered two weeks ago after seen the extended gameplay

iMIdzdX.jpeg

Hookshot

Banned
You have not seen Twin Peaks, have you young padawan ? :p
No I haven't. There's so many long running TV shows I've missed. I have completed Silent Hill 1 but that's the extent of my experience with the franchise.

I'll add that Silent Hill was much more unsettling than Res Evil with the fog, sirens and just bloody grimness of some locations like the lockers

Last edited:

Mozzarella

isnt original like from '00 or so ?

It is, but it rips off all stuff from 90s, from Lost Highway to RE2 and various other elements in graphics and art style of the fog from the 1st. So yeah its 2000s but everything about it is from 90s

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
isnt original like from '00 or so ?

I don't like that filter, it's like a heavy CRT filter. The original SH2 didn't have anything like that, just a grain filter, so it's not really a good throwback to it.

Matsuchezz

Game should be called Whiner Hill... seriously never read so much petty bitching about a game as I have over this one.
Yes, some people plain suck. If they are like this in everything they do in life. They bitch and moan about every single little thing. Insufferable bastards.

I am not going to watch the stream I have seen enough of the game and I see a lot of quality in the it. I’m trying to find a deluxe edition with a metal case but seems Konami didn’t make one. Bummer!!

I just got an adapter to replay the original on PS3 using the dual sense. I will play it this weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom