• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent hill 2 Remake Japanese live stream 1h 32 minutes of the initial part of the game.

nkarafo

Ok as a fan of the original i gotta say... This looks much better than i was expecting.

I'm not sure about the characters and animations. They could look better. But damn, the environments look great. And the fog looks as good as it could ever be, i can't imagine a better effect than this.

I also love how there are so many fully modeled interiors that you can enter. I remember this being something i always wanted in the original. And each one looks unique with plenty of detail so far. I wonder if this keeps being a thing through the rest of the town or they gave up a few buildings later.

I wonder how the darker parts of the game look later on, when you use the flashlight.

It also seems like you are getting text messages from the game, like the original? That would great because the last thing i want from a modern remake is another modern game where the character talks to himself.

Hope the rest of the game is good and there are no cringe changes. And i also hope for a stable performance on PC, with no shader/traversal stutters.

Dunno, after this teaser my hopes for this remaster are up.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes, if you run. Walking would be much longer. In this video they almost covered the whole distance by walking slowly.

I'm avoiding watching any videos or trailers for this on purpose, didn't know, sorry.

Top Bottom