• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake Wikipedia page locked after salty fans try to rewrite its critically-acclaimed reception

Oopsie. Fans of the original devastated.

Edit: it's like these devs are normal folk who don't treat their own work like some holy scripture. Shocked I say!
It's understandable. Artist's perception is completely different from the player-viewer-fan-whatever.
The experience of the player in this case is part of the whole PS2 zeitgeist, many of us played these games when we were in our late teens or early 20s, making many of these games "holy" as you said, being part of some of our sweetest and fondest memories ever. And it doesn't matter if the games had some obvious flaws.
Some won't ever understand this.
It's like the european microcomputers scene, like the Spectrum for example, it's impossible to understand the appeal of those machines if you weren't there. (I think they suck ass, but I have plenty of friends that are devoted almost religious-like fans of those systems)

HL3.exe

It's understandable. Artist's perception is completely different from the player-viewer-fan-whatever.
The experience of the player in this case is part of the whole PS2 zeitgeist, many of us played these games when we were in our late teens or early 20s, making many of these games "holy" as you said, being part of some of our sweetest and fondest memories ever. And it doesn't matter if the games had some obvious flaws.
Some won't ever understand this.
It's like the european microcomputers scene, like the Spectrum for example, it's impossible to understand the appeal of those machines if you weren't there. (I think they suck ass, but I have plenty of friends that are devoted almost religious-like fans of those systems)
Feel for ya. Glad I have less unhinged/more moderate friends.

Would be a huge surprise if the Devs did it themselves and launched the news so more people will start supporting them. But in any case the game seems to be good as it has a overwhelmingly positive on Steam and Steam's reviews are far more reliable compared to meta user reviews and journalist scores since you actually have to own and play the game before reviewing.

tommib

Gold Member
Would be a huge surprise if the Devs did it themselves and launched the news so more people will start supporting them. But in any case the game seems to be good as it has a overwhelmingly positive on Steam and Steam's reviews are far more reliable compared to meta user reviews and journalist scores since you actually have to own and play the game before reviewing.
If I was a dictator I would ban you for idiotic conspiracy theories. Hélàs.

Bartski

Gold Member

Oopsie. Fans of the original devastated.

Edit: it's like these devs are normal folk who don't treat their own work like some holy scripture. Shocked I say!
100%, over the shoulder camera = vastly superior gameplay. Play SH3 to find out

leonokarin

Neo Member
洛杉矶动物园和植物园的洛杉矶之吻 GIF

Nemesisuuu

Hahah imagine being so attached to one game which you could play any time you want - the ironic thing is they're gonna play the remake and probably end up liking it. On the other hand, if you don't like it, you always have original to play.

But the funniest thing is that this are probably doing people in their 30s or even 40s. That sounds like leading really sad life.

Top Bottom