• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 3 on PC - Modern Camera Mod Release (Third Person + First Person)

Osaka_Boss

It looks like a Nice addition to people that already played It. It is Just not the intended way to play It. Same thing for SH4.

Reminds me of this terrible decision by activision:

People like above simply dont get It that a game is designed around its limitations, and also its cinematography If given game was fixed camera.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You can also do this by taping down the look button, although a lot of the game is in 3rd person anyway.

kunonabi

It looks like a Nice addition to people that already played It. It is Just not the intended way to play It. Same thing for SH4.

People like above simply dont get It that a game is designed around its limitations, and also its cinematography If given game was fixed camera.

Sad thing is SH4 actually benefits from a mod since the default camera is utter trash.

ShadowNate

It's a welcome bonus feature to have. Probably, for a new game+ or for veterans to experience the game differently. First person mode is especially cool when you want to have a better look at the various textures that the developers put in for trivial stuff (such as signs, vending machines, magazine covers etc).

The camera however is supposed to be "controlled for you" for the genuine / intended experience. There are specific things that Heather is explicitly meant to not understand quite what she's looking at.

Skifi28

Right "fixed", like SH3 really need a SHOOTER CAM because otherwise is unplayable.
Same shit for me of MGS2 with people modding camera with the same of MGS3 Subsistence.

People trashing Bloober (with SH2 Remake) for this, but when it come with the "community modding", this is so great, thanks for "fixing the game"

Stupid
"NOOOO, STOP HAVING FUN"

HL3.exe

Right "fixed", like SH3 really need a SHOOTER CAM because otherwise is unplayable.
Same shit for me of MGS2 with people modding camera with the same of MGS3 Subsistence.

People trashing Bloober (with SH2 Remake) for this, but when it come with the "community modding", this is so great, thanks for "fixing the game"

Stupid
Yep, fixed

Etc, etc etc.

The PC modding community is absolutely amazing. And way better at preserving games then the original publishers.

Also, if you want to argue 'dev intend', most dev teams (if not all) ever finish their intentions or need to compromise on concepts/ideas. Money and dev time is up, so it's time to cut and ship the thing. Modding communities actually will try and fix long standing bugs or add cut content.

Edit: I forgot the 'name-calling' part. Sorry.

Retard

Last edited:

squidilix

Yep, fixed

Etc, etc etc.

The PC modding community is absolutely amazing. And way better at preserving games then the original publishers.

Also, if you want to argue 'dev intend', most dev teams (if not all) ever finish their intentions or need to compromise on concepts/ideas. Money and dev time is up, so it's time to cut and ship the thing. Modding communities actually will try and fix long standing bugs or add cut content.

Edit: I forgot the 'name-calling' part. Sorry.

Retard

Stop speaking for general modding through
Im talking all waste and stupid modding on game that dont needed. Like this camera mod on SH3. (or MGS2 camera mods ruining all level design). Not for fixing technical issue / port.
All this mods with "QoL fixing" or "new way control" it's just stupid

Why make SH3 on TPS/FPS mods when the gameplay isn't TPS and some key scene or area have fixed camera? Just because genZ can't play without "standard"? Almost stupid as RE2R with classic camera mods.

Last edited:
Yes it's obvious that this wasn't the intent on how to play the game but a nice bonus to an already amazing game. 3d / 2d controls & now OTS / FPS. Fuck intent, play the game how you want to play it.

Im talking all waste and stupid modding on game that dont needed. Like this camera mod on SH3. (or MGS2 camera mods ruining all level design). Not for fixing technical issue / port.

Why make SH3 on TPS/FPS mods when the gameplay isn't TPS and some key scene or area have fixed camera? Just because genZ can't play without "standard"? Almost stupid as RE2R with classic camera mods.
All the waste and stupid moddings? Are you really going to disrespect them like that just because YOU don't like it? I don't get why these types of mods are stupid after however many times you have played the game. God forbid you want to play another way, sheeesh.

Senua

I’d take 10 Rofifs over this guy. At least Rofif can be entertaining.
Nah I know, Rofif was a lovable tard. I think the last ban torched his soul

yeah whatever, enjoy everything even pooh if you want, im done.
Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
yeah whatever, enjoy everything even pooh if you want, im done.
>Mods are free, entirely optional, and done by amateurs for the benefit of the community

>I hate the PC modding community

You must be the type to hate poor kids or volunteers.

Last edited:

HL3.exe

Then don't say dumb shit like 'I hate mod communities', dumbfuck.

Fun fact: in some interview somewhere, Kojima mentioned he wanted the MGS3 third person camera in MGS2 with the re-release, but that would take a lot of technical rework so they skipped that. Technical rework a modder ultimately did in their free time.

But your argument basically boils down too:
images

Gotya.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Amateurs? More like pros, come on now show some respect. DSFIX anyone?
Amateurs in this context doesn’t necessarily mean not good. It simply means that they’re not working in an official capacity and in their free time. The vast majority of mods are also done by people who don’t work in the fields. There are definitely a lot of mods done by pros though.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

edit: bye

Marilyn Monroe Goodbye GIF

Shitting on modders, GTFO. One of the worst post in GAF 2024

Richards Burn Rally, a 20 years old game alive with new stages, physics updates, cars, VR support, triple monitors, new sim rig compatibilities

Falcon 4.0, 26 years old, vastly updated by community that it is legit considered a better study sim nowadays than even DCS.

Counter-strike was a mod
Team Fortress was a mod (of Quake)
DOTA was a Warcraft 3 mod
DayZ was an ARMA mod
STALKER, Fallout New vegas broken? Modders fix it.

Absolutely deranged in the head take to shit on pc mod community, I can't believe someone even came up with a post like that.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Im not dumb. It's a mod, it's there specifically for that reason you DON'T have to use it unless you want to change your experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom