• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

I loved Laurie's random comment about this being her fourth kid. I almost wish that Monica didn't respond to that, as I almost felt that they over-explained the joke by having Monica comment on that.

"Shut the fuck up gilfoyle."

Not sure why I laughed so fucking hard

"Guildfoil" was pretty damn funny too

"Jin yang, are you drinking creamer"
"No, it's half and half"

"Oh look, it's osama bin fucking"

Fuck lmao

FTF

I had thought the writing on the poster Gavin sent was different, and that Gavin added something because they were just talking about needing Gavin's brain, but on closer inspection, it's the same content that Richard wrote on the poster himself a few episodes earlier.

Just watched the episode (great btw) and it looked different to me too. Have to see them side by side though.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Just watched the episode (great btw) and it looked different to me too. Have to see them side by side though.
1oIJD6K.jpg

This is what I'm betting on,
Mia is going to destroy them.

Yeah the cute pixie girl that also hacked Dinesh's phone on the first date. The crazy pixie girl Dinesh in private referred to as a Fuckfactory.

Dinesh is an idiot, but I still like him somehow.

Also I totally thought she was trying to bang Gilfoyle by getting in with Dinesh. I guess she just fucking hates Gilfoyle.

She is also crazy talented at hacking things, the freedom towers thing was a holy shit nonononono moment for me. She is gonna be their downfall, that is a plotthread just waiting to happen, especially if Dinesh ends up talking about her in any kind of chat program she can hack into from prison. Federal prison.

Alpende

Loved the episode. Jian Yang was great again, the Blood Boy donating blood was kinda disturbing and Erlich had some great lines. Really thought Gavin was gonna jump off a bridge the way that shot was framed until it zoomed out.

Slo

I don't get the blood boy Adonis joke. Is the funny part that he's just an average dude in the land of Richards?

The breakneck speed that plots are presented and resolved is a bit much at the moment. Like just when you get the idea that Dinesh was going to do a Costanza and spend time wriggling out of a relationship, bang, it's all resolved. See food? setup and resolved in two episodes, Gavin joins then leaves in what seems like two tantrums. This would be ok if they were just side plots, but they seem all that's happening now.

eloestmn

Diniseh and Richard continue being the worst. They find new ways to be assholes every episode. Richard might have been right about Blood Boy but the way he treated him without knowing was still obnoxious. Also, "tech is for nerds?". Please Richard.

Richard didnt call the Blood Boy a nerd, the Blood Boy call Richard a "Fucking nerd" after Richard said "Tech is reserved for people like me OK. The freaks, the weirdos, the misfits...the geeks, the dweebs, the dorks...Not You."

Javaman

I had thought the writing on the poster Gavin sent was different, and that Gavin added something because they were just talking about needing Gavin's brain, but on closer inspection, it's the same content that Richard wrote on the poster himself a few episodes earlier.

For some reason I thought it was going to be the garage door painting.

Lautaro

Hahaha he is. Finally meets an awesome intelligent lady and he fucks her over. Not smart and the team might end up paying for it.

Really? that girl is a creep hacking on his phone (and many other places too). Dinesh is an idiot for not making a scene when she admitted the hacking. That was a perfect way out.

kiguel182

Richard didnt call the Blood Boy a nerd, the Blood Boy call Richard a "Fucking nerd" after Richard said "Tech is reserved for people like me OK. The freaks, the weirdos, the misfits...the geeks, the dweebs, the dorks...Not You."

tech is for everyone. Diversity is good!

norinrad

Really? that girl is a creep hacking on his phone (and many other places too). Dinesh is an idiot for not making a scene when she admitted the hacking. That was a perfect way out.

I think we are taking hacking Neshi's (lol) phone a bit too far. It was harmless and just childish. The rest of her hacking activities is entirely something different though.

Alpende

I think we are taking hacking Neshi's (lol) phone a bit too far. It was harmless and just childish. The rest of her hacking activities is entirely something different though.

Keeping tabs on someone and seeing what he's done in the past is harmless and childish? I disagree. That is just plain creepy, especially since she was waiting for Dinesh to tell the truth about stuff she knew because of she hacked his phone.

Every character in this show is awesome. With the exception of Monica perhaps, but someone has to be a normal person in this.

Jared's rage towards Blood boy lolz

The egomaniacal billionaire business partner is suddenly dropping out. But wait! He's left a gift for the Pied Piper team: the patent. Is that it? No there's more! A massive gift is being rolled in! What could it be? It'sfuckingnothing.gif. It's just a massive photograph of himself to remember him by.

That's what I got from it.

Wasn't it also that they were looking to ramp up slowly, but Gavin blew the whole thing wide open so all eyes are on them, but now they have no funding and no userbase? Basically the whole thing is kind of exploding in their faces before they've gotten it off the ground.

Corpekata

Banned
I love Miller on the show but it might just be time. His star is rising a bit and the show has pretty constantly struggled with keeping him around plot wise. Really that's been one of the core weaknesses of the show, either not using the supporting characters enough or stranding them in B plots that don't really go anywhere.

Though I'm not sure I see the show lasting too much longer in general. Feels like a lot of the cast is moving on up lately.

Top Bottom