• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - S4 OT - The Venture Continues - Sundays on HBO

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Make of it what you will.

Kate Aurthur‏ @KateAurthur
I heard that he got the finale script and found out his character had been written out.

Flagrant Menace‏ @twpolk
What's the backstory there? Have there been problems on the set?

Leah Ritland‏ @Leah_Ritland
I feel like getting arrested for slapping his Uber driver is a peek behind the curtain, so to speak.

That is what I have heard.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
TJ leaving sucks. Maybe they will finally give him a win and hits big and peaces out with a billion dollars

I was thinking maybe he gets invited to be the CEO, or something similar, of Aviato, or whatever it is at this point after being bought out, and he has to move to their headquarters somewhere else in the country. He can't pass up returning to the one big thing he ever did when it needs him the most.

Damn, Erlich is my favorite character on the show. It definitely won't be the same without him. If anyone had to leave, I'd choose Gilfoyle. He's a one-note character who hasn't done anything interesting for the past few seasons. His monotone snark is old now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

UGH

This is a massive blow to the show. Erlich is by far the best character.

Make of it what you will.

I heard that he got the finale script and found out his character had been written out.

Flagrant Menace‏ @twpolk
What's the backstory there? Have there been problems on the set?

Leah Ritland‏ @Leah_Ritland
I feel like getting arrested for slapping his Uber driver is a peek behind the curtain, so to speak.

That is what I have heard.

Dang...

sirap

That's a damn shame. I know Miller has had some difficulties in real life but he plays the character so well. Erlich adds some much needed balance to the show.

J_Viper

I got tired of him anyway. I liked him in the first season, but he got grating after a while.

I do wonder what the hell happened between him and HBO though.

I was sort of getting tired of the character a while back. Then I started liking him a bit more again. But I'm okay with him exiting.

Hopefully this means the PP team moves out of the garage phase and no longer needs his space. I want to see them go somewhere new.

Aiii

So not worth it
I felt the character had run its course. There are only so many incubator gags one can do, guess the writers felt the same.

TylerD

Jian Yang to somehow end up buying Erlich's place and kick him out.

/s

Hope Erlich goes out with a very bizarre win.

Loved the episode. Jian Yang was great again, the Blood Boy donating blood was kinda disturbing and Erlich had some great lines. Really thought Gavin was gonna jump off a bridge the way that shot was framed until it zoomed out.

I'm sure that was the intention. I got some very strong suicide vibes with his talk of being away for many weekends and weekdays before the zoom out.

Timbuktu

Not happy with this news at all. Anybody remember that British TV show with the super hero kids? That show went to crap once the peppermint guy quit.

You mean Misfits? That show still gave us the likes of Ramsay in GoT and also Ramsey in Fast and Furious.

iMax

No Erlich, no!

aCv7-p.gif

Kenstar

"Erlich Bachman:

This is you from th-the future. I am super old and fat and lonely and written out of season five. Ok have a nice day.

Love,
Erlich Bachman"

Kaizer

Banned
I LOVE Silicon Valley, it's one of my favorite comedy shows out there. There genuinely hasn't been an episode, season or character I dislike on the series. That being said, if the series is going to continue to bleed characters & storylines, I'd rather they end it than keep it going for however long. I'm super happy it got renewed for another season, I guess we'll just have to wait & see how it shakes out.

Sir Doom

Maybe this is the progress from the story we've been waiting for.
The boys will move out of the house and Monica will be their Erlich

New episode tonight.
Customer Service

On the hunt for financial support, Richard (Thomas Middleditch) looks outside the tech bubble, and crosses paths with a contentious figure from Pied Piper's past. Erlich (T.J. Miller) reaches out to Monica (Amanda Crew) and Laurie (Suzanne Cryer) in search of a new endeavor. A launch gone wrong finds Dinesh (Kumail Nanjiani) and Gilfoyle (Martin Starr) at war as Jared (Zach Woods) tries to keep the peace.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I was born to roam

this guy fucks

Edit: when I took my top off and you actually said the word "gulp". Bhahahaha. I was born to roam anyways.

NYR

Eh. Didn't like it. Same old trite - Bachman being clueless, Dimesh v. Gilfoyle B storyline, throwback to old jokes, two cameos of old guest stars, just a bad mix.

The one thing that puts it into perspective is how the show just won't work without Bachman.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Eh. Didn't like it. Same old trite - Bachman being clueless, Dimesh v. Gilfoyle B storyline, throwback to old jokes, two cameos of old guest stars, just a bad mix.

The one thing that puts it into perspective is how the show just won't work without Bachman.

It was funny so I liked it.

That being said they are getting into the formula grind.

Sucks Miller is leaving cause he could stick around for just one more season I'd personally like them to just wrap up the whole show in season 5.

WhiteWolf

They never followed through on Russ pissing in the corvette. Maybe it'll payoff later.

The songs they play during the credits at the end are always amazingly awful.

FTF

I thought the episode was hilarious and just shows how much it won't be the same without Bachman.

Yup, another great episode and he'll be missed.

They never followed through on Russ pissing in the corvette. Maybe it'll payoff later.

The songs they play during the credits at the end are always amazingly awful.

wtf! Song was awesome and so have many other songs!

you actually said gulp when i took off my bra

fucking hilarious

haley joe osment looks very very different nowadays

Holy...shit. That was hjo?! Fuck, I see it now but wow, crazy.

FTF

you couldn't recognize him? he always looks the same to me.... kinda like Frankie Muniz, they stopped growing half way through puberty.

I can't remember the last time I saw him or saw him in a movie...just been a while I guess :/

Dinesh slapping Jared and screaming "I Win" was pretty funny. Wonder what Gilfoyle could have had on his phone.

Richard gets a win, but also takes an L by being bad at sex which works out for him in the end.

Top Bottom