• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smiling Friends on Adult Swim

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
z0zU4cZ.jpg

Anyone else watch Smiling Friends on Adult Swim? It’s kind of got similar dumb/smart humor to something like Rick and Morty, Aqua Teen, or Gumball. I’m definitely a fan of the first season, and there’s a trailer for season 2 that just released.

Anyone else watching this show?

YCoCg

Kinda sad to see that there's no interest for this show on GAF, it's been a fun as fuck season so far and the finale is this week. The show has already been renewed for a third season.

Portman

Hadn't heard of this one until now but it seems interesting. Had a friend trying to describe it recently and did a poor job but upon seeing the trailer and connecting the dots to the creator of Yolo Crystal Fantasy and Bushworld Adventures I'm interesting to give this a try. Must be doing well if Adult Swim gave it another season too since they seem to like killing off stuff at the start.

Rran

It's a fun show. I like the weird, spastic animation techniques they use at times, characters moving extremely quickly etc.

Kinda sad to see that there's no interest for this show on GAF, it's been a fun as fuck season so far and the finale is this week. The show has already been renewed for a third season.
Adult swim must be shoving their entire departments budget at this. Five dollars and a beefy five layer burrito.

nkarafo

I was a fan of Zach Hadel's youtube stuff as "psychicpebbles". Some of that madness is in this show and there's even a nice easter egg in the pilot.

Speaking of the pilot, i still think it's the best episode. Though, the last episode from season 1, the one where they go to Brazil, has a special place in my heart.

Audiophile

Just started a week ago and already watched S01 and all but the most recent episode of S02.

Outside of Rick & Morty, Home Movies and Moral Orel I've always found most of Adult Swim's stuff a bit too weird while not having much of anything else going on to counterbalance it; but this strikes a really good balance.

I hear they've renewed it; so hopefully they can get more out as it took over four years between these two seasons and with them being 11-12m long you just burn through 'em.

It was a nice surprise to see Mike Stoklasa (RedLetterMedia) in the first episode too.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just started this today and I want to thank Dacvak Dacvak again for making this thread, only watched 3 episodes so far but man is it fun.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Season 2 just ended, and it was just as good and stupid as the first one. And season 3 is already confirmed! I love the concentrated chaos of this show so much.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Season 2 just ended, and it was just as good and stupid as the first one. And season 3 is already confirmed! I love the concentrated chaos of this show so much.
I ended up watching the whole series last night lol. For me, season 2 was better than the first one!
Can't wait for the third one, although I guess it's still pretty far away.

kondorBonk

Fantastic show. Zach Hadel and Michael Cusack are hilarious. Mikes been pretty visible lately with his own projects (which are great) but I'm ecstatic to see Zach get attention. Such a funny mother fucker.

As animators you can tell they are inviting their friends to contribute in each episode which helps add to the absurdity. They both do a lot of youtube colab work as well so you can see a lot of in jokes and riffs on youtube culture. Even seeing
the Nostalgia Critic
who Zach/Chris had parodied in the past is fantastic. Shows how some creators can take the punches and just love to create.

TintoConCasera

Is this like brickleberry?
Never watched that one, sorry. Imo best you can do is go and watch an episode since they are just 10 minutes long and judge yourself, or just watch this tiny clip of some dude trying to get his cheese back.

Top Bottom