• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMT: Nocturne = Rated Mature (Atlus - "RPGs have finally grown up")

epmode

Prine said:
Excuse me for being out of the loop here.

Why is Dante in a game not made by Capcom? Becuase Atlus thought he was cool?
um, this was answered right above your post.
SolidSnakex said:
Yah Dante is in the game. As Atlus described it, they wanted him in so they added him into the Maniacs upgrade of SMT3, sent a copy to Capcom and they agreed to let him stay in the game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah it may be too tough for you considering you are playing Star Ocean on easy. :p

Yeah, but that might have been a mistake as it's WAYYYY too easy right now and the battle system is fun. I chose easy because I had heard it was very frustrating to play and I didn't feel like dealing with it.

I don't really like hard RPGs unless they are of a certain type. Dragon Quarter/Strat RPG type games are great when they are hard. I loved the BoFV challenge. I would also have enjoyed it if the Grandia games were more difficult, as their battles were a blast.

However, when you have random battles and those battles are pretty standard, I don't enjoy difficulty as it usually devolves into "level up to win". Perhaps that isn't the case here, but I just don't find that to be much fun.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I've always wanted to try Eternal Punishment, but I guess Atlus made so few copies of the game, since I've never seen a copy in stores, ever. This game, Shadow Hearts 2, and Growlanser Generations all come out within 2 weeks of each other, so I'll probably pick this one up later, since the 2 other games appeal to me a lot more.

ferricide

dark10x said:
I don't really like hard RPGs unless they are of a certain type. Dragon Quarter/Strat RPG type games are great when they are hard. I loved the BoFV challenge.
IMO it's more like that kind of difficulty... the good hard. you have to manage things well and be careful and be intelligent in your fusions and developing your party with useful abilities. if you do a good job with all of that, the game is really sort of a rewarding challenge. if you don't, you will get punished. =)

it's sort of different than just the typical "the enemies have a lot of HP and do a lot of damage / you have little HP and do low damage" difficulty that can be easily slapped into an RPG. it's actually interesting in terms of gameplay.

Mrbob said:
Oh hell yes. Check this out:

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com...rne_-_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPRE-ORDERb

Double Jump guides are HAWT (HOT). I'll be picking this up with the game! 400 (!!!) pages. I'm new to this universe so I'm gonna try and maximize this game by picking up the guide with it.

I pre-ordered this along with the game. ferricide mentioned some nice things about it. I'm quite interested in getting the book before the game actually comes out.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Shikamaru Ninja said:
I'm going to be the only Megami Tensei fan to keep it real. I still will recognize that people started jumping on the bandwagon by Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, before that no one gave a sh*t except me, tamahome, and a few people. Truth be told, the Megami Tensei and offshoot series is very difficult. Not too many people here can claim they beat any of the games.. I guarantee you that. Always cool, stylish, and very intelligent but also hard and frustrating.

I'm not sure what you're going for here. A lot of us didn't "give a shit" because a lot of us didn't know it existed. When I saw one of the first SMT3 threads here, I tracked down the original, played it for a few hours and yeah, loved it. It is tough as nails, but I do intend to sit down and play though them all. (Snagged SMT, SMT2 and SMT if... while in Japan, about 1500 yen total, boxes and all!) But can you really fault us for not knowing about it? So what if we get interested in it after you?
And I always forget Shadow Hearts is M-rated. Don't know why that is.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Semjaza Azazel said:
:D I hope you enjoy them.

And I'll find Revelations somewhere else someday... lol

I hope so too, thanks.

Have you tried eBay or Half.com or Amazon Merchants? It can't be THAT hard to find.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Mejilan said:
I hope so too, thanks.

Have you tried eBay or Half.com or Amazon Merchants? It can't be THAT hard to find.

I saw it in one of the nearby game stores for like $12, I'll bet anyone its still there, cause who the hell would buy it. Fuck, I'll drive out there tomorrow and pick it up why not. If one of you wants it, hooray we can work it out. If not, I got another cheap game to fuck with.

I've had poor experiences.

Either the game is cart only... or the purchase winds up getting fucked over. I've already tried to get it on Amazon's private sellers TWICE, only to have both merchants tell me they didn't even have it in stock.

I don't want to spend $29.99 on a complete version if I don't have to, you know?

I guess this one for $17 is good enough though...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I get TONS of stuff on eBay/Half/Amazon Merchants, and I've had very few problems all told.

Shouta

I do remember when it was like Tamahome and I going back and forth about Persona 2 XD

Anyway, got this on preorder huzzah.

Yusaku

This game easily has the best cel-shading I've seen in a game. It reminds me of Out of this World/Another World.

Top Bottom