• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snagged the SFAC guide, and paid for SFAC

Ferrio

Banned
Frame data is nice, and reading makoto's section it seems to cover her pretty well. Combo section is a little sparse though, they could of saved space using notations and stuck a lot more SAII type combos and such.

Sampling

Makoto's game plan revolves around landing Karakusa. Land one, and it's a combo for big damage and stun. makoto must get close to do her damage; fortunately, she has the tools to get there. her dash is incredibly fast and for reaching. Also, use it to sneak up on players during the recovery of any wiffed pokes. Use Hayate for the same purpose. These moves come out quickly, and are a good way to capitalize on openings. Connecting with a Hayate leaves Makoto in a advantegeous position, where she can work Karakusa mind games.

Though I do find it weird. On Q's section it just reads this

Don't even bother using him.

OH ya, soundtrack too. I totally forgot it even had it until I got home and wondered why there was a CD included.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
What the hell? "Don't even bother using him"?

I was contemplating going out to buy this book just to support it (since most people say it's OK) but I don't want any goddamned editorializing in a strategy guide.

Ferrio

Banned
dog$ said:
What the hell? "Don't even bother using him"?

I was contemplating going out to buy this book just to support it (since most people say it's OK) but I don't want any goddamned editorializing in a strategy guide.

It was a joke fool, and you ruined it.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Oh~

Well does the book cover both games or just 3S? I'm also curious if the CD that comes with is the same as the official 3S Soundtrack that was released years ago. It appears they have the same # of tracks (33)...

Ferrio

Banned
dog$ said:
Oh~

Well does the book cover both games or just 3S? I'm also curious if the CD that comes with is the same as the official 3S Soundtrack that was released years ago. It appears they have the same # of tracks (33)...

Both included, though 3S is much more indepth. As for the soundtrack I'm sure it's the same... just first time offered domestically.

Shoryuken

dog$ said:
Oh~

The book covers both games. For Street Fighter 2 they cover all iterations of each character (Turbo, Super, Super Turbo, WW, etc.). I'm not sure if the soundtrack is the same as the original soundtrack, but it's kind of weird. Some of the songs are muffled, while some sound way better than their in-game counterparts.

MoxManiac

I dunno, I saw some 3s videos of Q vs. Ken and the Q player was doing quite well; he's extremely hard to use but I wouldn't call him useless.

Shoryuken

MoxManiac said:
I dunno, I saw some 3s videos of Q vs. Ken and the Q player was doing quite well; he's extremely hard to use but I wouldn't call him useless.

He's in no way useless, but when you have characters like Ken, Chun-Li, Yun, Makoto, Alex, etc., Q has way too many things going against him. With that said he's still cool as hell.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Q's EX slapping move is the best way to demoralize your opponent.

Top Bottom