• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Gamepad Adaptor

I completely understand wanting the perfect feel for the games you like, but other than nostalgia, what can't the Dual Shock cut?

It's got all the right buttons in all the right places, plus two extra, and a much better D-Pad IMO.

bionic77

ArcadeStickMonk said:
I completely understand wanting the perfect feel for the games you like, but other than nostalgia, what can't the Dual Shock cut?

It's got all the right buttons in all the right places, plus two extra, and a much better D-Pad IMO.

Well, I noticed when I was playing tetris attack and some other games on my SNES, I could do things with the SNES pad that were impossible (for me at least) on the Dual Shock. The Dual Shock is a great controller, but for 2D it has nothing on the SNES (or genny pad). Sony really needs to make softer buttons for their next controller imho.

bionic77

ArcadeStickMonk said:
What things? This intrigues me.

On certain levels I just can't manipulate the blocks fast enough to clear certain levels and yet when I play the same exact level on the SNES with the SNES pad it is pretty easy. I am a huge supermariokart nut too and the game is just easier to play with the SNES pad.

Pretty obvious it's just a preference thing, which I can respect.

Lik-Sang may not be the only place to get them, but their stock is a good way to gauge what is out there.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jarrod said:
Saturn D-pad > SNES D-pad > everything else

Saturn pads just feel so cheap, though. The wire connected to the pad seems to have more weight than the pad itself...

PkunkFury

I like how the SNES pad uses concave buttons for X and Y and convex buttons for A and B. It provides an extra tactile reassurance that my hand is in the right position for doing a certain move. I wish new controllers would adopt this.

Top Bottom