• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

8fVZF.jpg

Jiyeon: “Did my wink come out well? I ended up looking like a Squirtle"

T-ara will begin promotions for “Roly-Poly in Copacabana” on music programs this week.

Yes, into my veins. Jiyeon swag.

Kyon

Banned
new girl group incoming called "Chocolat" as in french for Chocolate. Gimmick: they are bi-racial.

TQTtj.jpg

Wasnt there a kpop girl band by the same name before that totally flopped?
KuGsj.gif

Kyon

Banned
gonna keep a close eye on them, they seem more Western than 2ne1

EDIT: as far as dancing goes i agree Salazar

Salazar

the girls have been training intensively for the past two years and a half.

fvV3u.gif

That sounds like rushing it compared to other groups.

I guess they need popularity to get on variety shows and in turn they need variety skills to really win me over.

Salazar

Kyon said:
two years doing what exactly?

Didn't you watch the video ?

Stretching.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/chocolat-reveals-their-member-profiles

A representative of Paramount Music said, “Just like how chocolate has different flavors, Chocolat will be a group that has a variety of different charms to show on stages all over the world. You can definitely look forward to the birth of a great new rookie star. Their debut track is a club style dance track.”

Representatives explained, “Chocolat’s music can be considered a mix of club and electronic dance songs. They’re perfect clubbing songs to listen to in the summer. You can consider it a mix of T-ara’s ‘Roly Poly‘ disco music and 2NE1’s ‘I Am the Best‘ dance music.”

One member has been revealed to be a veteran with 8 years of experience under her belt. She debuted at the age of 8 on Arirang TV and went on to star in shows like KBS’s ‘Ding Dong Dang Pre-School‘.

Sorry, but I lost it at Ding Dong Dang Pre-School.

cED3j.gif

^^^ This gif is apparently not fan-made. Looking forward to seeing wtf Jong Kook is doing as Spiderman.

vanty

Salazar said:
That sounds like rushing it compared to other groups.

I guess they need popularity to get on variety shows and in turn they need variety skills to really win me over.
Yang Hyun Suk the YG dude said this a little while ago
”I think these days, there are a lot of young people who are extremely talented, and are also very attractive. …It took five years before Big Bang was able to make their first debut, but because these kids are so talented these days, and since all the studios have state-of-the-art technology, I believe it’ll be possible to produce a new group within two years.”
This stuff about training for 5+ years always seemed crazy to me.

Salazar

vanty said:
This stuff about training for 5+ years always seemed crazy to me.

Yeah. I can't imagine the pressure that builds up for your debut if you've been training for so long.

Maybe Paramount (is this their first group ?) have some killer songwriters on it.

Although saying "yeah, it's like a mix of these two recent chart-topping tracks" doesn't excite me.

Salazar

bloodforge said:
2 years still seems like a long time for training to me.

Considering that they probably pull some crazy hours, you could be right. I get the feeling there is a very strong "you can never practice too much" ethic going around.

y2OZB.gif

That's kind of why I would really like to see more shows like Girls Go To School - not necessarily showing groups before debut, because I understand that things are really fluid before then and it wouldn't really be ethical to put some of that drama on tv, or that pressure on the trainees, but giving a behind the scenes sense of how a lot of this stuff works.

Yeah, I'd like to see a group come together in a show from member selection through training and then debut. I'd like to see what they actually go through in the 2-5 years while they're training.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
filler said:
Just watched that Chocolat video...their song better be amazing. What's a magnay?
The youngest of a group. My Korean friend says it should be pronounced mang-nae.

Conceptor

RM 22, Christmas Special awww yeaaah. Saw the latest WooJung Campus WGM, maaan that latter half was harsh :lol

And what the hell was up with that locked thread? I just stumbled onto it right now, wow.

Dice

Let's continue terrorizing the psyche of others on the forum with the way we enjoy looking at beautiful women.

G1J6r.jpg

i3E5w.jpg

Salazar

Dice said:
Let's continue terrorizing the psyche of others on the forum with the way we enjoy looking at beautiful women.

It's not that Taengoo is beautiful. Or not entirely that.

It's that she has a way of goofing off that completely destroys any camera she finds.

Dice

You like her for her personality? What a fucking pervert. You have no chance at a normal life in society.

Ronok

Just watched the new Roly Poly MV and I'm as disappointed as I thought I'd be. The new version is just awful. The dance doesn't even go with the music anymore, so it looks like someone's put a random track over a dance video. >.>

filler

Banned
Are there any good Korean movies outside of the horror and revenge type? Those types are pretty much all I've watched, with the exception of My Sassy Girl. Which I really liked by the way.

Salazar

filler said:
Are there any good Korean movies outside of the horror and revenge type? Those types are pretty much all I've watched, with the exception of My Sassy Girl. Which I really liked by the way.

Tae Guk Gi is probably one of the best war films I've ever seen.

Peru

filler said:

(Funny, lighthearted) arthouse:
Like You Know it All
Woman on the beach
Hahaha
(all by Sang-soo Hong and with slightly pathetic characters who fall in love)

Dark arthouse:
Paju

¨Amazingly beautiful coming of age story:
Take Care of My Cat

80s dictatorship retrospective:
The Old Garden

One of 2010's best:
Poetry

vanty

filler said:
I've probably seen about a dozen Korean movies since Old Boy being my first, and I don't think a single one hasn't been about violence/killing ahah. Right now I have some movie called The Truck sitting on my DVR that is about a serial killer or something.

filler

Banned
Forgot to mention Tae Guk Gi, really liked that one too. I don't know why I like the revenge movies so much. They're always so damn heart breaking and rage inducing. I always come back for more though. Anyway, thanks for the recommendations. Definitely going to check those out.

Dice

filler said:
with the exception of My Sassy Girl. Which I really liked by the way.
That was really funny so I'm unsure if you like romance as much. Try Ditto and if you like that go full-on romance with The Classic, or a Love Actually kind of deal with My Lovely Week. My Wife is a Gangster is a good comedy.

Edit: Silk is a ridiculous/fun/interesting horror movie. No Mercy is a good thriller.

Salazar

xii42.gif

KoXXc.gif

I think "I Saw the Devil" will be enough for me with respect to revenge films, for a while. I know it was cut, but it was still kind of intense.

Ronok

filler said:

My Boss, My Hero

If you like it, actually, even if you don't, watch the JDrama version by the same name. ;)

filler

Banned
I Saw The Devil and The Chaser made me feel like pounding a fifth of Hennessy and curling into the fetal position.

Park Chan Wook seems to have the right formula for making revenge movies. I feel ok after watching his stuff, maybe a little disturbed, but ok.

Dice

Tumblr already delivering the goods.

wakIf.gif

Sohyun and Jiyoon were cute but I'm too lazy to make gifs right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom