• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There is no one-word translation. It is a word that means "older brother" from a girl, but he doesn't have to literally be her brother, but a boy who is older than her. Depending on context it can also be used for one's boyfriend, or in a flirtatious or flattering way. If you aren't Korean, forget about these things. They don't really include you.

Salazar

Nvmru.jpg

Hyomin on set. Hope she kicks some fools around in the next ep.

Salazar

Sagitario said:
Watched it... it wasn't, but thanks.

Damn, sorry. That dude in the gif looked a hell of a lot like Heechul.

Up to Ep 4 Season 2 of 2NE1 TV. They are pretty adorable. Bom and Dara in particular.

8whnn.gif

panda21

whats with all the people asking about this being locked? did another thread get locked recently or are they talking about the dual 'creepy' threads from back in January?!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They're trying to scare us since we reached 200 pages. You can't scare us out of fanboying!

Max

I am not Max
Guys what are some more amazingly catchy kpop albums I need to check out?

I'm absolutely in love with Sistar's So Cool, as well as the two SNSD ones and the Girl's Day album

Most of the songs are just way too catchy.

Kyon

Banned
Max said:
Guys what are some more amazingly catchy kpop albums I need to check out?

I'm absolutely in love with Sistar's So Cool, as well as the two SNSD ones and the Girl's Day album

Most of the songs are just way too catchy.

click here

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
op was changed a bit, btw. banner/MV section to be specific

time to sleep.... zzzzz

i'll make some more banners or something tomorrow maybe, idk

Conceptor

Salazar said:
Edit: Ah, Sica. Totally didn't recognise.

This story won't die, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObM1r69iWs4&feature=player_embedded

Whew, you changed your post. Wasn't sure what I'd say if you didn't recognize her! I think I read that he's leaving for the army this year? So it won't matter much I guess!

Dice said:
LISTEN TO KARA NOWWWW

Yeap: http://youtu.be/Io_evSPowYY

Salazar said:

Dice said:

Man, I always get a kick out of Seungri's act, especially when the other members of BB mess around with him/tease him in front of cameras/other idols.

Edit:
orangecaramel said:
op was changed a bit, btw. banner/MV section to be specific

time to sleep.... zzzzz

i'll make some more banners or something tomorrow maybe, idk

Looks great, with what's up so far. I'd say those compilation posts yourself and Dice have made could def. get add in, and anything discussing random stuff like kdrama or movies or whatnot (if you guys remember where they happen to be)

ramyeon

Dice said:
There is no one-word translation. It is a word that means "older brother" from a girl, but he doesn't have to literally be her brother, but a boy who is older than her. Depending on context it can also be used for one's boyfriend, or in a flirtatious or flattering way. If you aren't Korean, forget about these things. They don't really include you.
They do if you want to be any more than the token foreigner who can speak a little bit of Korean. If you are in Korea and you speak Korean well you will be expected to know the formalities of the language and how to address and speak to people of different ages. I have heaps of Korean friends who I call hyung(nim) and noona. As well as vice versa.

DXPett1

Phonomezer said:
SAL, I only just found out that pre-order for Nov is this coming Sunday at 9am.

What tickets are you getting? I have to pay for 3 because I don't want to go alone, and my friends don't know/like/care about kpop so I've had to lure them with tickets. That's almost $900. Arseholes.

Man UP! I'm flying in from Melb alone just to go to this concert to see SNSD. But I guess it is a little different because I am purchasing through AusSONE and will be standing with them...

Here's some inspiration:

1633C2334E49337A244998

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/fans-express-concern-over-2pms-taecyeon-and-his-crutches

On August 21st, 2PM held a release event for their latest Japanese single, “I’m Your Man“, in Yokohama, Japan with 50,000 fans.

Although the boys made the audience rave over their ‘necktie dance’, fans were concerned to see Taecyeon arrive for the release event on crutches. Taecyeon warmly greeted the audience by saying, “I’m so glad to be able to meet all of you.”

Yamato was right. Sica destroyed Taecyeon. Too much woman.

Salazar

pNumK.gif

I'll have to wait to find out why Shin Se Kyung is sniffing her seatbelt.

And rofl at Jae Suk's headgear.

Daesung.

GmNTO.gif

KEUzO.gif

hgTuW.gif

^^^^^^ This gif has so much emotion.

SdJGZ.gif

daesungl80c.gif

gdarthvaderwkcl.gif

El'Kharn

Holy crap this shit is amazing! i am converted!! I don't understand anything they are saying but wow.

LOL i thought Goobne Chicken was an advert for some kind of fried chicken, instead what i saw was pure awesomeness :D

Salazar

El'Kharn said:
Holy crap this shit is amazing! i am converted!! I don't understand anything they are saying but wow.

To SNSD ?

Yeah, I just memorise how the lyrics sound. I have a Korean vocabulary of about ten words.

El'Kharn said:

Yeah, it's fun mumbling along to the songs :p

Unless you look up the lyrics and learn them, although romanised Korean is fucking horrible to read!

Not that I've done the above, of course...

... >_>

Xilium

El'Kharn said:
Most MV's have a fansubbed version somewhere on youtube. I usually watch those at least once to at least have an idea of what they're singing about.

Alta1r

Xilium said:
Most MV's have a fansubbed version somewhere on youtube. I usually watch those at least once to at least have an idea of what they're singing about.

Yeah, same here. Although it seems like most girl group songs boil down to "I like you, do you like me?" or "Who is this other girl, oh you're such a player" lol.

so i've finally committed to go to the kpop concert in sydney, will have to fly in from melb and i unfortunately missed the ssf seating VIP big group buy thingo :( damn

how many of us are gonna be there? my gf doesnt wanna sit in the sone fan section and wants to sit in the b2st fan section so im gonna be surrounded by screaming girls lol.

btw, anyone here figured out/got any info on what the difference between gold and VIP is? or are you really paying $100 more just to be closer

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Quite a few new posters lately.

Tonight I'll whip up a list of MV's for some of the guy groups.

Btw, 2PM - I'm Your Man = so good. Way better than thier other JP song.

orangecaramel said:
Quite a few new posters lately.

Tonight I'll whip up a list of MV's for some of the guy groups.

Btw, 2PM - I'm Your Man = so good. Way better than thier other JP song.

Awesome.
Male groups > Female groups.

Your girl group list reminded me of some songs that I loved but hadn't listened to in AGES.

I'm Your Man >>>>>>>>>>> Hands Up >>> Take Off.

wing_zero8556 said:
so i've finally committed to go to the kpop concert in sydney, will have to fly in from melb and i unfortunately missed the ssf seating VIP big group buy thingo :( damn

how many of us are gonna be there? my gf doesnt wanna sit in the sone fan section and wants to sit in the b2st fan section so im gonna be surrounded by screaming girls lol.

btw, anyone here figured out/got any info on what the difference between gold and VIP is? or are you really paying $100 more just to be closer

seatingplan.gif

$289(VIP Standing/Seating), $189(Gold), $139(Silver), $89(Bronze)

Pre-sale is this coming Sunday at 9am

I'm getting VIP seating.

Blablurn

thanks for the top pictures. girlfriend was pleased lol

btw, watching some of those linked k-pop videos; hold the line from BEG is really great. damn good song!

Alta1r

Phonomezer said:
seatingplan.gif

$289(VIP Standing/Seating), $189(Gold), $139(Silver), $89(Bronze)

Pre-sale is this coming Sunday at 9am

I'm getting VIP seating.

Damn, if this was a Lakers game, I'd kill to get either of the blues for $289. A4, A5, A6 all look pretty good, along with the standing section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom