• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The website is grey.. or something.. and the player is different.

qAijX.png

lol they are slowly making it more aesthetic, you should upgrade to cosmic panda.. much cooler

http://i.imgur.com/Z9PwD.jpg

vordhosbn

Banned
So crazy for Bomi right now.

Some of my harsher friends had their harsh evaluations of Apink members:
Chorong - The fat one
Naeun - Cute until she smiles and looks like a serial killer
Namjoo - Jungshin from CN Blue
fuck, can't unsee lol
YooKyung - Man version of Sistar's Soyou
Hayoung - 5dolls' Chanmi (I convinced them she recently upgraded and is better than Chanmi)

They had nothing to say about Eunji, but agreed that Bomi is hot.

This post...why is it so accurate.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you like Bomi you might want to check my tumblr.

Thought these would make fun emote gifs.

ha2hb7ac.gif

na5ekfyh.gif

na1jgebi.gif

na4owdvd.gif

Fafnir

Star Life Theater EP 4.

Yuri exercising, Yoona and Sica was profiled. No Taengoo but I figured as much as she doesn't really have another schedule going on right now and she's one of the more intro members to let them document her personal life.

Fany, "Off to cause some netizen rage with mai shorts!"
HtYcv.gif
jR0Ha.gif

BTS of filming new Goobne CF, be on the lookout for more chicken commercials.
QVifT.gif

vanty

Not really a comeback, but it looks awesome. So sad to see the other 4minute girls getting so little attention though...
They're like the other girls in Pussycat Dolls. Almost no one knows their names, but they're still kind of famous, and make a lot more money than the average person without having to do a whole lot of work. Not a bad deal I'd say. If not for Hyuna they'd be nothing so they can't really complain.

ramyeon

They're like the other girls in Pussycat Dolls. Almost no one knows their names, but they're still kind of famous, and make a lot more money than the average person without having to do a whole lot of work. Not a bad deal I'd say. If not for Hyuna they'd be nothing so they can't really complain.
Dunno about that, I'm sure they were compelled to become idols for some reason and being glorified back up dancers probably wasn't one of them. Especially when Gayoon and Jiyoon are so much more talented than Hyunah.

What's funny is that I clearly remember when they debuted everyone was hating on Hyunah and saying how annoying her rapping/personality was. A lot of people were saying they wish the group had debuted sans Hyunah. Now look where we are :lol and I was defending Hyunah back then.

And although no one seems to care I'm posting this because this is definitely one of the most solid debut songs this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Q3p-PY97Y

Peru

Dunno about that, I'm sure they were compelled to become idols for some reason and being glorified back up dancers probably wasn't one of them. Especially when Gayoon and Jiyoon are so much more talented than Hyunah.

Charisma and stage presence is a talent as well, and Hyuna shines more than most in k-pop in general.

I love 4Minute as a group and the other members but demand regular Hyuna solo releases.

Dice

Hyunah and Sohyun are the only memorable members of 4minute when it comes to stage performances. The others are boring and already being far outdone by rookies like Dal Shabet. If they want some recognition they should put, you know, something into it.

Peru

Sohyun is an odd choice. Jiyoon showed lots of charisma on Immortal Song, and in the group. I think they work together as a group, as a hip-hop-pop posse, when the music fits (HuH), not so much when they try more anonymous k-pop tunes like Heart to Heart.

dal shabet is a bizarre comparison

Dice

Sohyun started kicking ass with Mirror Mirror. Hyunah kicks it up a couple more notches for solo stages but when with the group, she doesn't try as hard and Sohyun is better IMO. That said, I don't think Sohyun has what it takes to do solo.

I got a dose of just how big kpop is getting today.

I met my wife for lunch in center city Philly, and I decided to walk home after because it is such a nice day. I was crossing the street at city hall, when I heard one of these two girls behind me say "yeah, f(x) and shinee haven't really put out anything new." I was taken by surprise and turned around and said "Wow, are you talking about kpop?" They couldn't believe I knew anything about it either.

Max

I am not Max
I got a dose of just how big kpop is getting today.

I met my wife for lunch in center city Philly, and I decided to walk home after because it is such a nice day. I was crossing the street at city hall, when I heard one of these two girls behind me say "yeah, f(x) and shinee haven't really put out anything new." I was taken by surprise and turned around and said "Wow, are you talking about kpop?" They couldn't believe I knew anything about it either.
This made me smile

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Ah man.. I hope A Pink gets a special stage on Music Core tonight.

Btw, made a gif.. lol@jungshin

untitled-1yhu0c.gif

vanty

How often does a group win on those music shows because they actually have the best song at the moment, as opposed to simply because they have the biggest fan base of all the groups promoting at that time?

And I really like 4minute with songs like are on Hit Your Heart, but yeah when they go more poppy it's even worse than SNSD album filler.

Peru

Well you can look at the various shows' way of scoring nominees, they're detailed here and there. Sales count, but fan bases can steamroll. Having said that it's not uncommon for an artist to win because of a song or something other than the biggest fan base. G.Na won with her debut. Not deserved, in my opinion, but she did. Other solo artists we never talk about here win from time to time. SNSD will win no matter what but groups like 4Minute and T-ara and Sistar depend on a song taking off.

SNSD deserve it, though, looking past our subjective opinions - because their songs are popular among the general population - they're near the top for digital sales and album sales. SuJu win without the backing of anyone but ELFs. Their songs sell like shit, but fans buy truckloads of their postcard-padded albums.

Ashhong

5th Music Bank win. A 6th win might be a stretch, possible T-ara vs WG next week with an upset by T-ara which would be sad as WG would only get the token Mcountdown win.

http://i.imgur.com/T5fX3.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why is the Mcountdown a token win?

(._.)

Banned
And I really like 4minute with songs like are on Hit Your Heart, but yeah when they go more poppy it's even worse than SNSD album filler.

Their sporty songs are excellent. pretty much all their singles are like that plus filler. every minialbum they have though plus 4 minutes left has one emotional ballad that blows

they are still my most favorite kpop group :]

HuH is a classic

Niks

How often does a group win on those music shows because they actually have the best song at the moment, as opposed to simply because they have the biggest fan base of all the groups promoting at that time?

In all fairness "The Boys" is better than "Be My Baby". I think we can all agree on that no?

Fafnir

Why is the Mcountdown a token win?

Mcountdown and Inkigayo are known to manipulate their scoring system for ratings while Music Bank uses sales for the majority of their scoring. A lot of the scoring in Mcountdown/Inkigayo can be manipulated to allow the show to pick who wins.

Mcountdown's scoring:
DIGITAL SALES = 40%
ALBUM SALES = 10%
ASIA FAN VOTING = 15%
MUSIC INTELLECTUAL AFFINITY = 10%
REAL TIME CHARTS = 15%
SMS VOTING = 10%

Inkigayo:
Music Chart (Cyworld, Dosirak, Soribada) : 60%
Album Chart (Hanteo & Synnara) : 5%
SBS Inkigayo Homepage voting : 5%
Research (World Research) : 20%
Broadcast time ( Air monitor) : 10%

Music Bank:
Digital Sales: 60%
Album Sales: 15%
Broadcast Frequency: 15%
Viewer's rating: 10%

A little history on MNet and SM that is interesting.

http://www.allkpop.com/2009/11/the_unfortunate_story_behind_mnet_and_sm_entertainment

Can't say that The Boys is a very good song tbh, but somehow it manages to be pretty great live. I really don't think Wonder Girls is anywhere close to the performances SNSD are doing.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Sweet Dream, song of the year. I'm sure we all agree. No need to argue.

btw, I love you DSP. Teaser in 720p, MV in 480p. Fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom