• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So do I blame EA or Criterion for poor online options in BO3?

Ranger X

Blame Sony for not being tight enough with it's rules for making an online game on PS2...
This is where you see the benifits of picky tight standards like Microsoft ones with Live compatible games.

shit i forgot this game was also on Xbox!!! Are the problems still there in that version?

atomsk

Party Pooper
anyone else had the game lock up on them yet?

i was playing for about a half hour, finished the first GP, and it tells me i unlocked 5 cars, as its showing me the 2nd car i unlocked, shit just froze up...

or maybe my thompson drive is finally crapping out on me. only other game i've ever had lock up was KOTOR... but 8 hour play sessions + xbox in small enclosed space will do that...

epmode

so how are you all playing it already? did some stores break the street date? or is it something else. arr?

Warrior

Banned
atomsk said:

i was playing for about a half hour, finished the first GP, and it tells me i unlocked 5 cars, as its showing me the 2nd car i unlocked, shit just froze up...

My XBOX has a Samsung drive and Burnout 3 has locked up on it once. (It’s the first game which has locked up on my XBOX.)

I found another bug…

The headset has a strange problem were sometimes it just stops working (You can’t hear people and people can not hear you talking.) the only way to fix it is to change the headset output in the options menu a few times before it starts working again. I asked people who were playing with me at the time if they have encountered the bug and all 5 of them said yes.

shuri

Banned
Is it true that you cant calibrate your steering wheel or change anything? I heard that the turbo boost is on A, which sucks since its on the left side on my steering wheel.

Warrior

Banned
shuri said:
Is it true that you cant calibrate your steering wheel or change anything? I heard that the turbo boost is on A, which sucks since its on the left side on my steering wheel.

Burnout 3 does not have Steering wheel support. :\

Pilonv1 (or anyone who's got to play the game), can you tell me more about the online races? Does it have traffic exactly like the offline game? And did you notice any significant difference between offline and online races?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Huzza said:
Burnout 3 does not have Steering wheel support. :\

Hi Huzza. This may be a stupid question as I have not followed all of your posts, can you tell me what version you are playing? PS2 or Xbox? And have you encountered any lag online yet? Jumpery or jittery cars?

Regarding the steering wheel support issue....if you are playing the PS2 version, can you determine if the game will recognize at least the Mad Catz MC2 wheel? Or at least the NeGcon?

pilonv1

Black_Mamba said:
Pilonv1 (or anyone who's got to play the game), can you tell me more about the online races? Does it have traffic exactly like the offline game?

Yes.

And did you notice any significant difference between offline and online races?

Only that human racers are more unpredictable ;)

PanopticBlue said:
- Stiff handling. OK this one could just be me, but I don't remember the previous games physics being so stiff. I'll have to check but I remember enjoying the physics/handling in Burnout 2 more than this.

You'll find the handling is much better with the higher end cars. It's true the lower end ones handle poorly, but once you get to higher classes it's great.

- Way less traffic than even Burnout 2, which had even less than the first game. The dodging and weaving in and out of traffic is almost non-existant here. Also, the collision detection kinda sucks too - if you don't hit a car head-on, you'll just slide right off of it. Burnout 2 had this problem too, but it seems even worse here.

I don't think it's non existant, but it certainly comes in bunches. I've always wished for a traffic slider in Burnout, so I could adjust the density of it. And there's nothing wrong with the collision detection im my eyes. The only complaint I could make is there are a lot more objects in the middle of the road you can run into.

atomsk said:

or maybe my thompson drive is finally crapping out on me. only other game i've ever had lock up was KOTOR... but 8 hour play sessions + xbox in small enclosed space will do that...

Only had mine lock up when trying to log into a Online Game.

Maybe cause I was 60hz and they were 50..

metdroid said:
Sounds like a rental for me
Because you can't see what car your opponent has chosen, you can't always tell who's talking to you during a race, and there seems to be a microphone bug?

Warrior

Banned
isamu said:
Hi Huzza. This may be a stupid question as I have not followed all of your posts, can you tell me what version you are playing? PS2 or Xbox? And have you encountered any lag online yet? Jumpery or jittery cars?

Regarding the steering wheel support issue....if you are playing the PS2 version, can you determine if the game will recognize at least the Mad Catz MC2 wheel? Or at least the NeGcon?

I'm playing the XBOX version and I have not encountered any lag online. :)

The game does have vibration support, but the only time I have experienced vibration feedback is when my car exploded during a huge crash.

I just want to make it very clear that even though this game does have a few bugs it’s still the most fun I have had playing a racing game this year. (Online and Offline.)

pilonv1

I just want to make it very clear that even though this game does have a few bugs it’s still the most fun I have had playing a racing game this year. (Online and Offline.)

No doubt, it's awesome. However not awesome is:

-Players joining the room and not being heard by other players for at least a whole race
-Players being booted out on the starting grid

This game is in serious need of a patch or a massive server upgrade because it's really pathetic at the moment presentation wise. There's so many little bugs with it that drag it down and I'm starting to wonder how it will cope when the US and rest of Europe get online next week.

Dave Long

Banned
shuri said:
Holy shit I hate console devs. They should take a cue from pc devs when it comes to online gaming.

Ha! It sounds like they DID take a cue from their PC side with this game. Bugs, features that are missing... it sounds just like a PC game from the start!

Prine

Banned
Dave Long said:
Ha! It sounds like they DID take a cue from their PC side with this game. Bugs, features that are missing... it sounds just like a PC game from the start!

capt.sge.ely83.270804163607.photo00.default-383x267.jpg

Top Bottom