• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I got engaged (Vietnamese Catholic Style) 56K Patience Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerKnee

efralope said:
ha, thanks for the explanation of the customs, that's really cool...

CONGRATS!

You're welcome. My pleasure! A note to all non-asians. When you go to an asian wedding, brings money in envelops instead of gifts!

Firest0rm

so 500 people eh? each would atleast give $50. That adds up to atleast $25,000 :D. And that doesnt count people who give you more than that! Looks like your not really paying anything for the wedding ;). Maybe you'll make a profit! Jk, I hope you have a successful wedding and a great life together.

TigerKnee

Firest0rm said:
so 500 people eh? each would atleast give $50. That adds up to atleast $25,000 :D. And that doesnt count people who give you more than that! Looks like your not really paying anything for the wedding ;). Maybe you'll make a profit! Jk, I hope you have a successful wedding and a great life together.

Yeah. NORMALLY, that's the case. But there might be some cheap people that may give $20 or worse yet, STIFF ME! It's ok though. I should have enough to cover it by the time it comes.

P.S. Thanks for all the kind words guys!

mrmyth

TigerKnee said:
You're welcome. My pleasure! A note to all non-asians. When you go to an asian wedding, brings money in envelops instead of gifts!

You Asian or Italian?;)

Oh, and of course she said yes. I got married every single time I gave a girl a whole roasted pig. Might have something to do with how us black people love pork though.

calder

I've spent most of the thread trying to figure out a way I can convince my american wife that her family is supposed to gift me with a whole roasted animal of some kind as a belated canadian wedding ritual.

yoshifumi

Banned
mrmyth said:
Oh, and of course she said yes. I got married every single time I gave a girl a whole roasted pig. Might have something to do with how us black people love pork though.

hahahahahaha

TigerKnee

calder said:
I've spent most of the thread trying to figure out a way I can convince my american wife that her family is supposed to gift me with a whole roasted animal of some kind as a belated canadian wedding ritual.

lol

Greekboy

Banned
TigerKnee said:

Just like Europeans here. ie Greeks, Italians, Portugeuse.

TigerKnee

Mike Works said:
Congratulations. How long before she learns a new expression?

She has a beautiful smile so I'm glad she kept that same expression. Here's a different one.

luu_son_truong_wedding.jpg

TigerKnee said:

Heh I don't think I can go the Vietnamese route even though I'm sure her parents want it. Oh well, I could care less about pleasing them though. I'm going to propose to my g/f my own way. But this was a good insight to what I'll be missing out on =) On the upside, my g/f and I were looking at TVs and she had this grand scheme that we finance it now and use the wedding money to pay for it. Yep, she's a keeper =)

TigerKnee

Marty Chinn said:
Heh I don't think I can go the Vietnamese route even though I'm sure her parents want it. Oh well, I could care less about pleasing them though. I'm going to propose to my g/f my own way. But this was a good insight to what I'll be missing out on =) On the upside, my g/f and I were looking at TVs and she had this grand scheme that we finance it now and use the wedding money to pay for it. Yep, she's a keeper =)

Plan on getting married anytime soon?

TigerKnee

Claus said:
No wonder this looked familiar. You post over at Genmay too.

Yep. I have this site bookmarked just at the gaming forum and I had no idea that there was an off-topic subforum!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Awesome man, congradulations. :) What's the reason for having to have your entire family present just to propose to her, though? I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom