• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, looks like Devil May Cry 3 is turning out well...

Devil May Cry 3 Gets the Famitsu Gold Choice Award

http://www.videogamerx.net/bbs/view.php?id=usernews&no=2542

Tadoa Yamaguchi (Famitsu Wave Editor in Chief) said:
Devil May Cry 3 brings all that is great in Devil May Cry 1 to the gameplay. It's fast, too many moves that I even did some on accident and I couldn't figure out how to do it again, and the ability to combine moves with different weapons on the fly is amazing. Doing combos with your sword and pressing one button to switch to the Nunchucks mid-combo(in-game) (via R2 button) with 10+ enemies on the screen at 60FPS all with solid gameplay, graphics, sound and difficulty is a true testament of what an action game should be. As of now, DMC3 is aimed to becoming the greatest next-generation action game that I have played on any console. When I do the final review for DMC3 come this Feb. expect some (crazy/amazing) [translator messes things up here] things."

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Anyone who has played the demo could have told you that it's turning out well. I liked the demo MUCH more than anything from what I've played of DMC1, Very, very fluid and dynamic. Also very cheezy, but good cheezy, Austin Powers kind of cheezy - again much better pulled off than in the first game.

Even the crappy fixed camera angles?
You can rotate/position camera this time around. In the demo at least it almost never got in the way of the action.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I just hope the image quality is decent...

DMC2, while certainly not a good game, was decently clear...but Onimusha 3 was pixelated as hell (one of the worst offenders on the PS2). Considering that they are using that engine, I'm a bit worried about that...

Regardless, the game could be really damn good. I doubt it will match Ninja Gaiden (for me, at least), but here's hoping for a AAA game!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Even the hated on Eve of Extinction(which I liked) allowed you to switch weapons mid combo... give some love!

;)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dark, I think you are better off playing DMC3 on a normal TV, much like Onimusha 3... It runs in the field rendered mode. I think both games look awesome (DMC3 and Oni 3) but they probably look 10x crappier on a HDTV than they do on a regular TV.

By "turning out well" you mean it's nothing like the first two games?
It sure as hell is nothing like DMC2 with it's broken gameplay and combo system and overabundant ugliness, and it IS better than DMC1, at least IMO.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Marconelly said:
Dark, I think you are better off playing DMC3 on a normal TV, much like Onimusha 3... It runs in the field rendered mode. I think both games look awesome (DMC3 and Oni 3) but they probably look 10x crappier on a HDTV than they do on my TV.

It sure as hell is nothing like DMC2 with it's broken gameplay and combo system and overabundant ugliness, and it IS better than DMC1, at least IMO.

Yeah, but some field rendered games still manage to look pretty crisp and decent. DMC1 isn't that bad, actually...

I seriously cannot wait for DMC3, it's going to be awesome.

But to be honest, I think it's going to fare about as well as Onimusha 3 did in the US, and that's a damn shame.
cry.gif

garrickk

Why does it look like Dante is wearing a bra? New low in corn.

If the story, cutscenes, and dialogue weren't so corny, I would be more excited about this game. I really loved the first one, but cringed through every story scene.

garrickk said:

If the story, cutscenes, and dialogue weren't so corny, I would be more excited about this game. I really loved the first one, but cringed through every story scene.

They're intentionally done like that for comedy purposes. The entire game is over the top.

garrickk

SolidSnakex said:
They're intentionally done like that for comedy purposes. The entire game is over the top.

I understand that. They were just done very poorly for many people's liking and it took me out of the game at times.

I still want to know why it looks like Dante is wearing a bra in DMC3 pictures. Is that being over the top?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
garrickk said:

I definitely agree that DMC was corny, very cheesy while trying hard to be "cool". It didn't really do much for me, but it was bearable. Now in DMC3, based on the demo, I think the attitude in the game is different. It's not as silly anymore. Mainly because Dante is bad-ass in, well, a bad-ass way. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it feels like he's not trying as hard to be cool anymore...it's more like he is cool, with a more cynical attitude. The cutscenes are more over the top than before, and they're most likely the coolest action cutscenes I've ever seen in a game. And I didn't even notice him wearing a bra, was too focused on the game I guess. ;)

Top Bottom